Discovery Gaming Community
House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs (/showthread.php?tid=129217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Black Jack - 05-14-2015

Well i hope that i will see more BHG activity soon then Wink

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Croft - 05-14-2015

(05-13-2015, 03:35 PM)Snoozzzer Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 11:49 AM)Croft Wrote: I'd personally love to see the Curacao treaty voided by these changes, placing Cortez back as an independent system without the big brother of Liberty and Bretonia may actually allow for some more fun variations for OSC|.

My hacker would pay quite handsomely for docking rights should you not have to be accountable to the houses. I mean, it is a planet of beaches, booze and loose men and women, right?

You may find that a difficult arrangement due to rephacks but if you have an SRP I'm sure we could come to some form of agreement. Personally I was thinking more about leasing areas of space for PoB's unrestricted by House law, playing up the Cayman Islands offshore account cliché and maybe pulling in the Corsairs to deliver artefacts. That kinda fun stuff.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Highland Laddie - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 01:50 PM)Croft Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 03:35 PM)Snoozzzer Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 11:49 AM)Croft Wrote: I'd personally love to see the Curacao treaty voided by these changes, placing Cortez back as an independent system without the big brother of Liberty and Bretonia may actually allow for some more fun variations for OSC|.

My hacker would pay quite handsomely for docking rights should you not have to be accountable to the houses. I mean, it is a planet of beaches, booze and loose men and women, right?

You may find that a difficult arrangement due to rephacks but if you have an SRP I'm sure we could come to some form of agreement. Personally I was thinking more about leasing areas of space for PoB's unrestricted by House law, playing up the Cayman Islands offshore account cliché and maybe pulling in the Corsairs to deliver artefacts. That kinda fun stuff.

Um...Oceana Shipping Platform....hello? Tongue

Oceana is a fine base that deals in legit goods and is subject to the laws of the Treaty, should it be voided I imagine (and hope) that control over Cortez would be yielded to OS&C who would allow a tad more questionable bases to be setup e.g. A smugglers base perhaps or anyone who wouldn't want the law peeking into their operation.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Teerin - 05-14-2015

While Bretonia and Liberty might not be able to hold up their treaty obligations in regards to law enforcement due to these new ID rules, the Crayter Republic will still be able to. As for OS&C's interests in this treaty, the unofficial faction (which was actually quite active, at the time) that signed on to it was actually looking forward to all parts, except shooting Gallia with their security forces. This was understood by the other factions involved, and that is also why OS&C is only a minor signatory.

(05-14-2015, 05:09 PM)Croft Wrote: Oceana is a fine base that deals in legit goods and is subject to the laws of the Treaty, should it be voided I imagine (and hope) that control over Cortez would be yielded to OS&C who would allow a tad more questionable bases to be setup e.g. A smugglers base perhaps or anyone who wouldn't want the law peeking into their operation.

There's no reason Oceana could not be used for some "questionable" deals in goods, especially if there is actually ever a "smuggling partition" implemented for PoBs. Just something to consider. Not to mention, you have 2 shady Junker bases right next door in Inverness to compete with.

(05-14-2015, 05:36 PM)Teerin Wrote: While Bretonia and Liberty might not be able to hold up their treaty obligations in regards to law enforcement due to these new ID rules, the Crayter Republic will still be able to. As for OS&C's interests in this treaty, the unofficial faction (which was actually quite active, at the time) that signed on to it was actually looking forward to all parts, except shooting Gallia with their security forces. This was understood by the other factions involved, and that is also why OS&C is only a minor signatory.

A minor signatory that houses the Joint Operations HQ on their capital base sends a bit of a mixed message, not to mention incredibly stupid. The first place any invading enemy targets is the HQ's, kill the leaders and the forces soon scatter, not something you'd want on a resort world full of civilians. What the old OS&C had in mind when they signed is beyond me but this version would prefer to actually trade with Gallia and preserve it's neutrality as any tourism company would.

If the CR wants to fight Gallia it can by all means, but it will do so without OSC|.

CR wants to own Cortez...not just fight Gallia. Wink

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Teerin - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 06:39 PM)Croft Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 05:36 PM)Teerin Wrote: [...]

A minor signatory that houses the Joint Operations HQ on their capital base sends a bit of a mixed message, not to mention incredibly stupid. The first place any invading enemy targets is the HQ's, kill the leaders and the forces soon scatter, not something you'd want on a resort world full of civilians. What the old OS&C had in mind when they signed is beyond me but this version would prefer to actually trade with Gallia and preserve it's neutrality as any tourism company would.

If the CR wants to fight Gallia it can by all means, but it will do so without OSC|.

If Gallia ever gets to Cortez.

As for OSC|, you can try nullifying the treaty single-handedly, but you're surrounded by three nations who won't take too kindly to that. Neutrality has been understood, which is why OS&C isn't at all obliged to assist Liberty, Bretonia, or Crayter in combat against Gallia. But trying to throw the whole treaty away because you're afraid you'll get shot along with the rest of them if Gallia reaches Cortez ... won't go over too well.

Cortez is an important system after all, and none of those three nations want Gallia to develop even the slightest foothold. You might think that your neutrality will magically prevent the GRN from using Curacao as a forward operating base (again, if they reach and take Cortez), but trust me, the GRN won't think twice about squishing you. Not to mention that all that any of the three allied nations needs to do, to ensure the treaty is kept, is to park a handful of cruisers in orbit. National defense and all.

Yeah I get it, it was an "untouchable" independent world. Was. Yet for five years inRP (since 817 AS, renewed in 821) there has been this treaty, and if you look closely at the trade lanes, they are owned, maintained, and defended by the two houses. Call it storyline progression, and the fact that stagnation is bad. And while none of the allies are interested in owning Curacao, again because they respect neutrality, they sure are settled on never wanting King Charles to reach it. Because he will take it if he gets the chance.

If you're looking for something far less controversial for Orbital, try investing in what the Vagrant Raiders / Natio Octavarium left behind; Planet Witchita, Kansas. Nice real estate, probably good for tourism, and well out of the way of the war. Working on securing it inRP might be a fun project, too.

PS: No, Highland, CR doesn't. We're focused up north, and even if we tried to grab it, Liberty could take two seconds to beat us over the head.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Fluffyball - 05-14-2015

I think law should be changed for both houses.

It's kinda hard to enforce two different laws in Cortez (Liberty and Bretonian laws). I was witness to the situation in which LN and Privateers argued which law should be enforced (according to the Bretonian law up to 5 units of contraband isn't contraband), what almost ended up in a shootout between LN and BP, as both parties could not find a common language - thankfully BPA arrived and no bloodshed was made.