Discovery Gaming Community
The future of mining? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The future of mining? (/showthread.php?tid=55945)

The future of mining? - Shardphoenix - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:What I am concerned about now, is that, since the implementation of mining, pirates have started to demand more than 5 million credits. Now that mining is over, I doubth that price is going to change.
Just remove credits from the list of things pirates can demand. If someone wants to RP a pirate - hi will pirate for cargo in Ptrans, and bigger thrading ships will have a chance against him. Or he will bring a smuggler friend in BWT. And if he just pirates because piracy is so infinitely better than trading as a way to make money - he is just a lowly lolwut, and who cares about lolwuts?
Quote:Surely there always will be lolwuts, I simply doubt, that decreasing the income will stop them. If the problem lies within player distribution, then why not simply buff proper trading instead? Or, as an alternative, simply reduce prices of items and ships. That would be a bit more easier to do.
Just remove armor upgrades and buff basic capship/trader armor. Never understood, why should I grind for 15mil upgrade to bring my 2mil fighter in line with others. Also, it wil speed up fighter duels.

The future of mining? - RmJ - 03-02-2011

Stop nerfing crap.

Stop trying to balance things that IRP wouldn't be balanced.

People need to get over the smallest infractions and go play somewhere else.

The future of mining? - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:Just remove credits from the list of things pirates can demand. If someone wants to RP a pirate - hi will pirate for cargo in Ptrans, and bigger thrading ships will have a chance against him. Or he will bring a smuggler friend in BWT. And if he just pirates because piracy is so infinitely better than trading as a way to make money - he is just a lowly lolwut, and who cares about lolwuts?
Just remove armor upgrades and buff basic capship/trader armor. Never understood, why should I grind for 15mil upgrade to bring my 2mil fighter in line with others. Also, it wil speed up fighter duels.

What? Remove credits from the demand list of a pirate? Hell no.

If I want to pirate your miner in my bomber? I can't take 2700 units of ore, so live with this nightmare. :cool:

The future of mining? - Banris - 03-02-2011

Turn it back on + Add more mining areas = Lolwuttery will be dispersed and fun will be had.

The future of mining? - Drakaisyl - 03-02-2011

Great...now Gallic unlawfulls like UC or Brigands would have the same empty systems in the tau's as if they stay in gallia and die on boredom.Good work...realy good work destroying the only inRP reason for them to make at least a bit money by piracy and not only brainless camping Java to wait for an IMG or CR pop up.

The future of mining? - Swallow - 03-02-2011

or maybe water-mining?

The future of mining? - Shardphoenix - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:If I want to pirate your miner in my bomber?
Just don`t pirate in bomber. Or bring a friend with a transport.

The future of mining? - Jack_Henderson - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:okay, mollies. get for the riot!!!

Okay, Mollys, drop your accounts. Because you have been taken another thing that makes your faction worth of playing. Especially hard for the newly created MMC who cannot even join a PEW-PEW Revolution against BAF, which is the only thing remaining for Mollys to do after you killed off their economic war against BMM.

I can scrap my Molly miner easily but it hurts to see all the hours of adding a economic face to the Molly pirate stereotype just being wiped away.

The future of mining? - Vladimir - 03-02-2011

Just buff trading cargo buying and selling price. Like, a lot. Noobs will haul oxygen and food, while powertraders will haul cargo which costs like the ore we have, er, had.

Or remove money completely. Yay communism, everything is free!

The future of mining? - Implosion - 03-02-2011

Leave it off for good.
Except for Scrap and Gas Mining.That's something that should be there.