Discovery Gaming Community
GRN feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: GRN feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=60805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: GRN feedback thread - Omi - 04-11-2016

The LN players have some of the biggest numbers in the game. This is, in fact, part of the reason why GRN| has evolved as it has; the amount of times we've been swamped in capital ship and snub opposition is by now pretty much uncountable. Furthermore, there are more strong 'allied side' players than you give them credit for.

Balancing fights for GRN| is always a volatile issue, particularly in Magellan and Leeds more so than the Taus. Fights can very quickly swing from even to overwhelming odds for one side or another, and I know that you have seen the GRN side get massacred on occasion just as much as we sometimes end up steamrollering our opponents.

I am sure my faction members will take your advice into account. Contrary to popular belief, we do not enjoy a one-sided, five minute long orgy of total destruction where we annihilate everything without breaking a sweat. Regardless, I can name quite a few times where I have personally logged [LN] or something to fight my own faction, and wound up watching them get slaughtered in response. Especially for a faction that relies overwhelmingly on snub play and skill as opposed to cap ability (a natural consequence of being outnumbered so often, I would argue), it takes only a few good snub players on the other side to swing the odds alarmingly.

Ultimately, though, it is not my job as a faction leader to encourage people to log on the opposing side - that is something they have to decide for themselves. I echo your sentiments to some degree, however, and I want to reaffirm that the ideal groupfight for my side is one where we score a hard-fought win, not one where we encounter almost no resistance at all. Allegations like that upset me greatly.

Lastly, the official Liberty factions are often not present in Magellan to regulate their indies. Frequently, the issue of fighting in these areas is exacerbated by our inability to control enemy indies, or the lack of any force restraining them as we try to do ours when the reverse situation happens. That said, BAF| (and you in particular, might I add) are very good at doing the same, so it's less of an issue where Bretonia is concerned (usually), to the point where I have actually had to voice an encouragement for your players to feel free to come and outnumber us to a reasonable degree.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Thunderer - 04-11-2016

Alright, thank you. I'm looking forward to a resurrection of Texasburg in Californiaville. Didn't have a computer powerful enough to run it when the prior was a thing.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Jack_Henderson - 04-14-2016

//copy from Kudos, but I think especially positive feedback should also be shown here:

Kudos for GRN| for trying visibly to make the NL fight good. Noteworthy, standing by when Wilde|+Khara were fought, and even trying to somewhat make sense of it as they all just ran away and left you there like 2 vs 6. Dry fighters not running to restock after we failed to keep him in range, but coming back to die in a fight.

Sorry for not being able to keep the Colonial GB out, but even then you guys restricted your GB to only kill it and the not wipe out the snubs. So... I saw what you did there.

Thank you. I enjoyed it, even though I was more typing and explaining than shooting. Wink

~ BPA| who was not the 1st target

RE: GRN feedback thread - Internity - 05-14-2016

Do you people really have no real limit?
I know there's a lot of ganking / outnumbering other players going around on this server for years by now but you could change this if you want to continue to have somebody to shoot at. How about starting to respect your enemies` FUN AS WELL, JUST A TINY BIT?!
Imagine one day that most of us (your enemies) will stop playing or avoid you altogether because it's not fun being shot by at least a mix of 5 fighters/bombers including 2 solaris equipped gunboats which were cruising like crazy to catch up.

Have you mistaken my very heavy fighter for a cruiser by any chance?
Was so much force necessary ?
Can't you people have fun without outnumbering others in such a way?
Can't you respect other players' fun? You will be respected back I assure you. But I guess I am asking too much, you're too desperate to win 4,000,000 credits in this current event Alley organized.
Is too hard to send at least 2 fighters vs 1 if you are still THAT desperate to win a fight?

Screens speak for themselves, this is the way YOU people have fun around here for some years now:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/RS-21/screen25JPG.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/RS-21/screen26JPG.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/RS-21/screen27JPG.jpg

RE: GRN feedback thread - Cælumaresh - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 10:38 PM)Internity Wrote: Text + Screens

Looking over the screens, i have to agree with him. At least keep it 2 on 1 max, not 8 / 9 on one like in the screens. It litreally sucks out the fun for your opponent and you will end getting a storm of such posts above this one.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Stoner_Steve - 06-04-2016

(06-03-2016, 06:29 PM)Omicega Wrote: Basically, I'd rather play literally any other game - or, if I were to log onto Disco, any other character - than log my GRN| just to either fly around empty, dead space for hours, or to get slammed into the ground by a squad of caps each bristling with secondaries/Solaris. It's that bad. The only people with any enthusiasm for this faction left are the fresh faces and the few long-lasting people who - somehow, presumably by some superhuman force of will - have somehow managed to not get bored of feeling like an outcast both iRP and ooRP every time you log on. Seriously, it's that bad. Literally every time I comm someone like the IMG, Zoners, or whoever else we might be on vague talking terms with, I get a genuine sense that they'd rather I just necked myself and my faction instead of bothering them with totalitarian RP. If there were a more suitable candidate for leadership other than myself (and there isn't, because there's nobody else who cares about the House/faction more than me left), I would hand it off tomorrow. Until then, I am just watching as my ship slowly sinks beneath the waves.[/font]

Maybe if you didn't ignore people trying to play with you there'd be less empty space

RE: GRN feedback thread - Omi - 06-04-2016

Your tone aside, I am well aware that I have a comm backlog. OS&C is not exactly at the top of my priority list, either.

You will of course understand that I don't equate my typing up a few hundred words on the forums as being any sort of real improvement to my faction's in game health and prospects. I'm not sure the rest of my faction members really care whether I'm doing any personal RP on the forums or not.

If you want to leave feedback in the future, you're welcome to do so in a friendlier manner.

RE: GRN feedback thread - TheSauron - 07-13-2016

Don't you guys think that the fight at Southampton was a little bit of an overkill on your part?

EDIT: HMS-Edinburgh here. I am not talking about whatever happened before as I simply haven't seen it.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Shaggy - 07-13-2016

At the start I know it was 4 of them vs like 6 or 7 of our fighters. But there skill level quadrippled ours. The best fighters we had was myself and Gagadug against Flash, Wesker, Shiki and others but I have no clue what went on after that. But like to Kudos Flash for the duel he gave me. Maybe I will get you next time Wink

RE: GRN feedback thread - Flash™ - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 09:07 PM)TheSauron Wrote: Don't you guys think that the fight at Southampton was a little bit of an overkill on your part?

EDIT: HMS-Edinburgh here. I am not talking about whatever happened before as I simply haven't seen it.

Nope, not at all. As Shaggy said below in the nice quote, "At the start I know it was 4 of them vs like 6 or 7 of our fighters."

(07-13-2016, 09:10 PM)Shaggy Wrote: At the start I know it was 4 of them vs like 6 or 7 of our fighters. But there skill level quadrippled ours. The best fighters we had was myself and Gagadug against Flash, Wesker, Shiki and others but I have no clue what went on after that. But like to Kudos Flash for the duel he gave me. Maybe I will get you next time Wink

Kudos back for the fun duel. (: