Discovery Gaming Community
Official faction activity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Official faction activity (/showthread.php?tid=61466)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Official faction activity - alphadog - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:For one thing, your accusation against my motives is unfounded. I have friends in all the house militaries except Rheinland, and I don't really dislike any particular faction.

For one thing, Liberty Navy already fulfills the proposed requirements, so I don't know what you're so outraged about. Switching to this proposed system means Liberty has to... change nothing! You can sleep and eat!
Yet you pick an example with the Liberty Navy. This whole thing is starting to make less sense per page :laugh:

Official faction activity - Ingenious - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Because I am not entirely self interested.

I will also point out that factions are depend on one another for activity. For example, an active [RM] causes the [LN] to be more active in responce. If the KNF patrols more, then the blood dragons also come out to play... This network of relationships is extremely complex, and extends all across sirius. When one faction's activity wanes, then others also decrease, with activity increasing in other places. Meaning that factions would never be able to sustain the requirements, even if they meet them now, as all factions are reliant on other factions.

With this in mind, you will find that if you start culling the smaller and apparently weaker looking factions, then the giants fall shortly afterwards.

This idea you have will lead to no factions existing at all.

Then propose more reasonable hourly requirements that are proportionate relative to one another. I had said 20 for traders, 50 for unaffiliateds, 80 for houses. Maybe you have a different idea of the hour levels?

Official faction activity - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Then propose more reasonable hourly requirements that are proportionate relative to one another. I had said 20 for traders, 50 for unaffiliateds, 80 for houses. Maybe you have a different idea of the hour levels?

I propose 30 hours per month per faction.

So we done now?

Official faction activity - Govedo13 - 06-14-2011

Strangely I agree with both sides of this discussion. I think that there will be nice to have more official faction ships around but with demanding them to be more active it wont happened. I want to give an example:

Right now for one single group of people let say 5 of them(not new to discovery with enough credits not to be attracted by Snake3 giving them free stork or Avalanche giving them free VHF ) is more beneficial not to join the official NPC faction.
Why?
1 They cannot fly every ship that they want.
2 They need to obey to some kind chain of command.
3 They need to follow some established RP and dont have the option of their own.
4 They will be meta-gamed with the faction tag. Faction tagged traders- yommy.
5 Somehow the bounty boards pay more for faction members.
6 Profit in joining official faction? None...

First this or at least some of this need to be changed if you want to have more official faction members flying around, indeed they have some powers but it is simply not worth it to join. Giving the official factions better stuff in game will change this points until then this discussion is just flame war and it is pointless. Give the factions better ships and better in-game commands. Then the people will burst the recruitment topics and the most factions will hit 100 hours per month simply because now there much more indie players then faction players.
After all it is only old space game shooter, people tend to like to have best pew pew sticks available.

' Wrote:I propose 30 hours per month per faction.

So we done now?

But that's tough on the trading factions, who are having a difficult time generating sufficient activity to meet 30 hours. That one should be less than 30, right?

Now who's trying to "kill off factions" ?

Official faction activity - Death.RunningVerminator - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Ingenious, i just had a look at your "Server factions" area on your profile page. It says "no." So I'm guessing that's none.. So instead of complaining about faction activity, why don't you join an official faction that's low on activity and help them out if you're so worried? Have you even been in an official faction? If you haven't, i suggest you join one, stay there for about half a year, then come back and complain.

Now, i dunno if you have or haven't.. I'm basing this post off the fact that your profile says "no" for "server factions."

Official faction activity - Alley - 06-14-2011

activity discrimination

hell yeah

It's a REALLY bad idea

activity_IMG.html 27.17:08:36
activity_[USI].html 18.17:28:30
activity_OSI-.html 15.20:07:47

activity_[HF].html 12.09:32:58
activity_[101st].html 9.17:15:45
activity_LR-.html 8.07:35:56

activity_[LN].html 19.23:47:04
activity_[RM.html 6.00:27:53
activity_BAF.html 6.03:09:54

activity_BPA).html 5.19:39:21
activity_RFP.html 1.07:24:30
activity_LPI-.html 2.06:41:17
activity_[Admin].html 15:22:39

The truth is the complete reverse of your post.
Trading factions have no issues at all, idk what you are talking about.

Official faction activity - mwerte - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Leave Joe alone. He has to get <strike>more kills on his cruiser.</strike> his VHF killed by a cruiser's forward gun. Again.

' Wrote:activity discrimination

hell yeah

It's a REALLY bad idea

activity_IMG.html 27.17:08:36
activity_[USI].html 18.17:28:30
activity_OSI-.html 15.20:07:47

activity_[HF].html 12.09:32:58
activity_[101st].html 9.17:15:45
activity_LR-.html 8.07:35:56

activity_[LN].html 19.23:47:04
activity_[RM.html 6.00:27:53
activity_BAF.html 6.03:09:54

activity_BPA).html 5.19:39:21
activity_RFP.html 1.07:24:30
activity_LPI-.html 2.06:41:17
activity_[Admin].html 15:22:39

The truth is the complete reverse of your post.
Trading factions have no issues at all, idk what you are talking about.

A few have complained, e.g. RepEX.

Death, I don't personally have time to play in an official faction at the moment, so I don't plan on joining one. I have in the past and I may in the future. My experiences were positive, but not strong enough to make me want to join an official at this very moment with disregard for my schedule. Is that the answer you wanted? Can we stop talking about me?

Official faction activity - Death.RunningVerminator - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:But that's tough on the trading factions, who are having a difficult time generating sufficient activity to meet 30 hours. That one should be less than 30, right?

Now who's trying to "kill off factions" ?
Wait what? First you say make it 300 hours of activity a month, now you say that half the factions of disco should have less than 30 hours a month?

...Eh?