Discovery Gaming Community
Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing (/showthread.php?tid=70170)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - ProwlerPC - 12-20-2011

Yeah sure, an American walks into a Smith and Wessen shop and gets a gun hands down. What happens when a citizen of Iran flies over to USA walks into a Smith and Wessen shop with only his Iranian papers and asks for a gun?

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Petitioner - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:Yeah sure, an American walks into a Smith and Wessen shop and gets a gun hands down. What happens when a citizen of Iran flies over to USA walks into a Smith and Wessen shop with only his Iranian papers and asks for a gun?
Heard of eBay?

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - casero - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:Heard of eBay?

Heard of scamming? xD

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Petitioner - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:Heard of scamming? xD
Heard of OMGHAICASERO(?)

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Camtheman - 12-20-2011

What im not looking forward to in all this is the all the explanations for tottaly OORP equipment...

"I FOUND IT ON A WRECK LOLOLOL!"

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Maelstrom - 12-20-2011

Um.....I assume your post, Prowler, was made without research? Smith and Wesson makes Iranian Models.....

Even if they didn't, Smith and Wesson is an American Super-Conglomerate. They, like the factions of Sirius, have multiple stores/bases in multiple political zones. If the Iranian can't buy one in Liberty...er, The United States he can buy one from one of Smith and Wessons many other bases...er, stores. Or he could just purchase it from the hillbilly down the street that is replacing his old model with the newest. Why is it that everybody forgets resale and used markets when this issue comes up?

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - ProwlerPC - 12-20-2011

I see you just finnished doing some researching. Use that argument in a court as s lawyer for the poor Iranian who flew to USA, walked into a Smith and Wessen Shop with Iranian papers and was denied the purchase of said weapon.

If you want to go with the Smith and Wessen having shop in Iran then I suggest you convince the developers to to have the Liberty Dreadnaught also available for purchase at Alster Shipyards to help support that direction of argument.

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - casero - 12-20-2011

Ok guys, remember, RL =/= Freelancer.

Guns don't use a complicated mechanism.

Space ships and space guns are probably a lot more complicated than gunpowder and trigger systems.

Ergo, this is an attempt to make a difference in technology from different houses, and that that technology doesn't work very well when combined with other.

And please, this is a game, it will never be perfect, or make %100 sense for what RL could be, was or is, if country A can addapt country's B tech in RL, doesn't mean it has to be like that in this game.

Sometimes, to have fun, you must let go reality.

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - dodike - 12-20-2011

Why do you compare it to sale of handguns? The market doesn't quite work the same way when it comes to ships/planes and it's weaponry, its regulated a little bit more.

It's not like an Iranian can walk into Lockheed-Martin office and order missiles.

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Cannon - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:What im not looking forward to in all this is the all the explanations for tottaly OORP equipment...

"I FOUND IT ON A WRECK LOLOLOL!"

Don't be crazy, "I STOLE IT LOLOLOL" is far more realistic (even if I'm a 13 year old catgirl).