Discovery Gaming Community
Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) (/showthread.php?tid=104330)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Anomander - 10-06-2016

We used to have:
- Platinum ore field in Pennsylvania
- Iridium ore field nearby Alien Gate in Kansas
- no Gallia at all - and the only French-named system were Bastille
- few variants of Generic Freelancer ID's eg. Civilian, Trader, Smuggler
( I personally still have Independent Trader ID )

Furthermore:
- the most common starter ship by new traders was Rhino ( sold in Erie )
- those who fail under anti-cheat scripts(?) were killed by Schrödinger's cat
( nowdays if I recall there is blue-message <person> is divided by zero )
- there were no that extended system of /restart options
( so in order to get full rep with some faction you had to pay several bribes or fulfill dozens of missions )
- since there was no POB's selling codenames - there were plenty Gun&Equipment mobile shops
( IMHO William Frederick Cody own the most known one )

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Reid - 10-07-2016

In 2013/2014 Alley had these skypebots that would trigger through certain words. You could add triggers at first, but it would normally pick them up by reading through the chat. One day I put both of them in the [LN] chat. I triggered one of them. It went off. The second one saw the first one's name (morshroomz, one of the triggers), and triggered. The first one was triggered by the second one, then the second one by the first, so on and so forth. These two bots were yelling at each other with instant sending messages for about 4 hours in the [LN] chat until one of them finally stopped. It was absolutely mental, people were mad at me, and I was kicked from the chat for awhile. Good times.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Radza - 10-07-2016

I found this on my old hdd
Disco navmap from 2007
We where mining silver in Silverton Asteroid Field back then :/
[Image: MIS86gQ.gif]

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Roman.Scott - 10-20-2016

Wow this brought back some memories. I wish I could remember my forum name pre-2012 so I could see what I was up to back then.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Gulryz - 11-04-2016

Vigilante ID should be back makes IRP sense

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Backo - 12-26-2016

Pressing F9 on a ship you've targeted shows you their ship class. I never knew that, always guessed via the shape on the sub-target monitor. Thank you for this, Sombra's videos. Smile

EDIT: Oh this isn't the kind of did you know that thread that I was looking for... Hold I can fix this:

Did you know that the Phantoms used to have their own system that was connected to Omicron Alpha that looked dark and edgy and was full of their NPCs that were hostile to everyone?

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Zelot - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 04:30 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: Pressing F9 on a ship you've targeted shows you their ship class. I never knew that, always guessed via the shape on the sub-target monitor. Thank you for this, Sombra's videos. Smile

EDIT: Oh this isn't the kind of did you know that thread that I was looking for... Hold I can fix this:

Did you know that the Phantoms used to have their own system that was connected to Omicron Alpha that looked dark and edgy and was full of their NPCs that were hostile to everyone?

Man I miss the Temple Of The Revenant.

Admin Fellow Hoodlum once banned all of Russia... "By accident"

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Operator - 12-26-2016

I really liked their cruiser, it was unique

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Zelot - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 04:30 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: Pressing F9 on a ship you've targeted shows you their ship class. I never knew that, always guessed via the shape on the sub-target monitor. Thank you for this, Sombra's videos. Smile

Man I miss the Temple Of The Revenant.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - tOotymann - 01-18-2017

OMG Those Good ol' days with the UOG, and the many raids to NY and Crete