Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Elven - 05-26-2010

Atm what do you need - it's more smugglers, I think.:)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Ceoran - 07-13-2010

I just remembered something that happened at the beginning of my today's online-time, almost 11 hours ago. It completely slipped my mind over the following event.
I'd like to thank the two Feldwebel Franz Kurtt and Hans Klemmer who gave me some nice diversity during my trading day on the Samura|-Hokori. It was a pleasure being able to stop by and have a little chatter about that outcast you hunted down later.
Also I really liked that the fight in Hamburg later didn't have a single // in the group chat. At that time I was flying with you as the independent Marinenachrichtendienst agent Judith_Fuchs.

Keep up the good work [Image: thumbs_up_smiley.gif]

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - McNeo - 08-20-2010

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l153/McN.../screen1657.png

There was a fight. I wasn't present from the beginning.

From what I saw of it, Contaan had the odds under control. It started in Texas, and was 3v2 our way, then 3v3 when a Freelancer jumped in on your end. Became 4v3 when I jumped in for our side, and it whittled down as two of ours had to go and the Freelancer on the RM team got left behind. The Joker died somewhere in between, when it was 3v3 I think, but I didn't see what killed it. Might've been the Idaho (dreadnought). Considering who was in charge of that fight during the presence of the dreadnought (Galen Anderson), I do not think the Idaho fired upon enemy fighters.

So yes, we chased relentlessly. I am surprised that total annihilation is frowned upon. Am I supposed to let people leave solely because they dont want to die? If a parent interrupts or something urgent happens, Im more than happy to let it go. But given 'normal' circumstances, I give little mercy, and expect none in return.

Indeed you had the choice to leave. I waited before making it 4v3, but my character got called upon to essentially shut up, in character of course. I've no problem with that, except when people dont accept the consequences of pissing off a very anger-driven person.

Thanks for your time...

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Kubotan - 08-20-2010

I was there as well. Was one of the people chasing the RM alongside McNeo. And I mean, after the LN have conducted an unsuccessful raid against Rheinland that back-fires much like this one, I have also gotten chased all the way to Texas. And I don't really blame the Rheinland Military for doing that - after all, my character attacked your homes and are you really going to let me escape unharmed?

It doesn't really make much sense to me, from a character's perspective. I feel that this comment slinged at McNeo's character was a bit unnecessary... Could have been the heat of the moment, totally understandable, people can get frustrated but I mean this is not the type of atmosphere we should have as players between our two sides. Or?

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Kubotan - 08-20-2010

' Wrote:Moar activity pl0x

I don't know where you have been for the last month but I have seen plenty of RM activity, up to including at least four larger raids against Liberty.

But I think we all appreciate your one-liner post.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Kingalex535 - 09-17-2010

Hey, could your Admiral Alec Voelkel be a little more decent? I mean litterally, i asked him to stop because of lag "His coms arent working men keep the pressure on" is what he said. I said his friend lags "What are you doing? Shoot him!". I asked the flieger to step out and he doesnt. I ask for them to stop because i couldn't aim my razor and they didn't. What kind of admiral do you have? His friend lagged SOOO much that he was jumping forward, backwards, left, right, up, down yet your admiral would not withdraw him even though i asked at least 8 times. Please respond as quick as possible because it gets annoying at that because i have to stay out of the system now for 4h because he just wouldn't make his guy stop.

I could probably have taken them both and i wouldn't be complaining like this, but to not make him stop due to lag? Thats crossing my lines. I couldnt do anything to that guy except razor his shield but then I couldnt stay on him because the admiral was pounding me. Tried the admiral and I just got pounded by the flieger and i couldn't fight the flieger which made it off charts to fair.

Again i repeat, I wouldn't mind taking on two but 2 with a lag on one is exessive and a lag in with the admiral won't stop and tell it to leave, definately so.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Sturmwind - 09-18-2010

You did nothing but kept whining about the lag during the whole fight. Read the server rules please, which indicate that OOC behavior on local and system is strictly forbidden. You dropped exactly 13 lines of OOC on local and threatened to call an admin in the process. You also called me a moron and a noob in private afterwards, which is also OOC insulting, yet again rule breaking from you.

I was decent enough not to submit your case to the proper authorities, methinks. It was your choice to attack us, measure the odds before doing so next time. OOC whining will not earn you any sympathy from me.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - rwx - 10-26-2010

I got a question about the Ship Class Restrictions in Rheinland (especially the last point).

Quote:Rule #4: Ship Class Restrictions in Rheinland
- All Battleship and Cruiser class vessels not belonging to the Rheinland Military are BANNED from Rheinland unless given the permission of an Admiral. Lethal force is authorized to deal with ships refusing to leave through whatever exit the acting commander decides.
- Even with the permission of an Admiral, heavy capital ships are to maintain a distance of no less than 10k from any inhabited planet.
- Gunboats, Bombers, and Fighters have permission to stay within orbit of inhabited planets, but are to move if asked.
--The Rheinland government has completely forbidden the operation of BHG capital ships inside of Rheinland territories bar notified and authorized logistic activities (pass through Rheinland to reach other systems). Any ships disregarding this regulation will be deemed criminals and dealt with accordingly.

The Question is: Are BHG gunboats are allowed to operate/enter rheinland?

At first: I asked the RFP-faction leader a fex weeks ago, in his opinion they are (based on the splitting on the wiki page, gunboats are not counted as capital ships)

Yesterday I read the holy book of Discovery again.

It says:

Quote:6.8 For purposes of the server rules, the following ship classes are defined:

a) All light fighters, heavy fighters, very heavy fighters, super heavy fighters, and bombers are considered fighters;
b) Trader ships with cargo hold less than 650 units are considered freighters;
c) Trader ships with cargo hold more than 650 units are considered transports;
d) Liners are named as such. Yachts are -not- Liners, they are transports
e) Gunboats, cruisers (including destroyers and battlecruisers), battleships (including dreadnoughts and juggernauts) are considered capital ships.

So I would say, BHG GBs are not allowed.

But the following term confuses me:

Quote:1. Bounties will only be valid when fulfilled by fighter or gunboat class ships (LF, HF, VHF, SHF, Bombers, Gunship, and Gunboats);
1a. Only the Bounty Hunter Gunship of the gunboat class may hunt fighter or bomber class ships. Other gunboats may hunt only gunboat class and above (Transports included).
1b. Any bounty claim attempt presented by a cruiser-class or higher will forfeit collection for violation of terms.
2. Any attempts at fraud will not only result in forfeit of collection, but also a ban from collection on any bounty within Rheinland Sovereignty.
3. Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, or Freelancer ID required for bounty collection.
4. All targets must be destroyed within Rheinland Sovereignty or the adjoining Border Systems, if not specified otherwise.*
5. Valid proof of the target destruction and ID verification is required, take special note of the criteria applying to blockade runners ( additional visual proof of location required.)

Source: Rheinland Military Bounty Coordination Office

How could they, if they're forbidden?

Therefore I'd like to have a statement of the official faction for clarity of their rules. (My bureaucratic soldier will thank you.)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Sturmwind - 10-28-2010

You're allowed to operate in Rheinland, but move if asked to without complaining and stuff.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Chase - 11-10-2010

Incoming Transmission
To: Rheinland Military Personnel
Subject: Congratulations

G'day chaps, glad to be contacting you.

Just wanted to commend two of your military men on a job well done in the Omega 7 system. Were it not for the swift actions of these two officers, Dieter Schprokets and a Mr. Herman Voss, my ship, cargo and possibly my life would have been ended by a ruthless Corsair. A job well done to both of you and to the Rheinland High Command for keeping such an orderly house.

Transmission End

//Seriously though, keep up the good work and activity, you're doing great.