Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" (/showthread.php?tid=99185)

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 10-24-2013

Jack seems to have indulged himself in a few drinks as he waits for the others to finish talking, though not looking too drunk, merely swirling the liquid in his mug with boredom, watching it spin.

"Politics, such a pain.." Mumbling to himself, though probably inaudible to anyone around him.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Sarawr!? - 10-24-2013

It had been some time since Motoko had last seen real trees, that she could touch and even smell, and as she walked into the 'bar' she continued constantly looking around. This place was a wonder of human ingenuity, of that, she was convinced.

With a soft sigh, the light skinned woman sat down in an empty booth, tugging and smoothing the black fabric of her kimono blouse before reaching behind her back and producing a small ornate blade which she placed on the table, sheathe and all, allowing her to lean comfortably against the wall.

After a few moments she glanced around the area again, as if she were looking for somebody, shrugging when she didn't see whoever it was she was waiting on, she reached down and began to boredly re-lace her military style boots.

"Hmp...where are you, Ryuu? Late again...tsk" She whispered to herself and shook her head, a mildly irate look crossing her face.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Havok - 10-24-2013

The small ship rocked as it docked in the docking bays of Freeport Ten, as the cockpit opened, a pale-ish looking man jumped out , threw his helmet back into the cockpit and patted off his black flight suit. He glanced to the watch he was carrying quickly and sighed shortly.

"Late again, good job Ryuu.." He said to himself.

He quickly walked up to the bar, entering it and looking around, he spotted Motoko in an booth on the side. He walked over behind her, and quickly slid into the bench opposite her, with an awkward smile.

"Here i am!" He exclaimed.

She glanced sourly across the table at Ryuu, rolling her eyes as he sat down.

"Shinji rarenai...you're lucky I'm not my father, Ryuu...mnh whatever, dou dai?" She spoke quietly across the table to her guest.

She offered a half smile, shrugging off her bad mood as she glanced around the room again, checking to see if they had attracted unwanted attention. Paranoia was a product of her upbringing, and it had been the main reason her family had survived for so long, so it wasn't a habit easily broken.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 10-24-2013

" Keep the pets outdoors " Robert exclaimed with a short laughter as Tony mentioned him the idea of dating an exquisite person of the opposite sex. One would say that behind every peculiar suggestion, there was an even way more peculiar story folded between the compassionate words meant to elude the target from being subject to a similar fate.

He then started waving in an clumsy manner, purposely expressing his subjectivity for Tony, marking the appreciation he wanted to exude.

The next moment, Robert turned and headed straight for the bar once more. While on the way, his eyes would lay witness on new figures which now shared their existence with the rest of the Dome, however, he embodied no particular interest at this moment. His focus was attracted by the presence of Jack Starr at the side of the bar.

" Bonjour, my most exquisite and amiable ami who happens to find himself in a most hedonistic state of indulging his throats with finespun liquors and drinks as they drench and soak through the entirety of your organism, plotting the untimely decay and downfall of your extravagant and jovial liver " he saluted Jack as he approached him, noticing the empty bottles by his side. His typical grin was not absent.

" In what conditions would someone find you today, should they choose to lay witness upon your existence? "

Ryuu smacked the back of his head against the backside of the booth softly once and looked up.

"Demo.." He spoke lowly. "You can't blame me for coming a few minutes late, i'm right off .. patrol" He too looked around before he focussed on Motoko, raising a brow slightly.

"Nothing too interesting going on for me atleast.. you?"

Motoko shrugged slightly, her expression becoming more serious as she leaned in to speak.

"My father's health is not improving, no matter what medicines we give to him, no matter what doctors we bring to see him...I am not so sure what will happen, I may wind up becoming head of the family..."

She gave a nervous look to Ryuu, an awkward silence following for a few moments as she racked her brain looking for something else to talk about.

"Ah, I did meet with one of our...old friends, from the days of our fight against Tekagi. I was able to gain assurances of continued friendship from them as well, so at least there's that much."

She offered a weak smile, leaning back into her side of the booth.

A chill crept down Ryuu's spine as Motoko turned to the more serious matter. He gave a soft, troubled sigh. He knew the fact she spoke of, and he knew her father would probably not be around for years to come, but noone would think to speak of the Shogun's death. Noone even dared think the thought.

"Although none of us wish your father to pass anytime soon, i think the fact of this still lingers. We've tried so many things, i'm lost in our remaining options, i don't know how else we could try to help.."

He waved over the waitress and ordered some sake for the two of them, maybe that would help them swallow the imminent truth that loomed over them, and especially Motoko's father.

"Hontou? Ii desu yo. It is good to hear they are still standing by our side, and to know they are around.

As the sake was served, he poured the both of them some, taking his cup to infront of him.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 10-25-2013

Glancing up. "Aahhh Robert my boy, buddy, idol, and all that I missed! You know. My liver almost never goes through this kind of stress, but as soon as I saw the pure variety of choices you have with your excellent beer, I couldn't resist giving a few a try. Though I have yet to get to the wine, i'm sure they will prove just as excellent. Now. I have a hangover to enjoy tomorrow, a slight one, but one nevertheless, what can I do for you my man?"

Nodding, looking at Robert with a silly grin. "Well, that, and I started taking a shot every time while I was eavesdropping, I heard Doria say the word "I" as in "I, myself. It was quite interesting actually, ranked up enough shots, though I admit, perhaps I should have chosen a less common word."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 10-25-2013

Robert obliviously and unavailingly attempted to cater Jack's words and emphasize on the first perspective with his attention so that he could partake into this exchange of trivialities.

His attempts were futile. Actually, Robert couldn't, and didn't even try to understand at all what Jack was saying.

Instead, he pressed on with different subjects:

" I can't help but confess you with utter honesty, mon dear Jack, that your presence in Achille's research branch sure is an awing sensation " He said, chuckling.

" Throughout the material, and only type of physically comprehensible existence that I have shared until now, I have witnessed that a lot of individuals, narrowminded bigots and imbeciles mon ami Achille would call, often and shamelessly assume the ever exquisite members of different research branches to possess a substantial absence of social, persuasive and diplomatic skills, as they decide to pertain to their apparently introverted professions.

Unfortunately, sometimes... this stereotypical assumption proved to be correct, sometimes it was not. You on the other hand mon ami, are a very radical example of the opposite. You seem to find yourself in acquisition of very astute and finespun diplomatic and social capabilities "

" Tell me... what is your secret? " he inquired innocently