Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Police, Inc. Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Police, Inc. Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: LPI Feedback - Kalhmera - 04-18-2020

(04-18-2020, 10:52 PM)Backo Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 10:49 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 10:48 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: Your fines (and the fines of other lawful factions) might not be against the rules, Kahlmera, but they undermine the entire spirit of the mod and server. You are complicit in a trend that is detrimental to the game environment.

20 mil is chump change. if he had stopped he would be paying ZERO credits. Actions have consequences

if 20 mil is nothing when can we expect the bounty board to start paying 20 mil flat before any bonus modifiers?

If you have a problem with how much the Liberty Bounty Board is paying you to get a blue then by all means take your issues with them. If you dont want to get fined by LPI- Stop your damn ship and wait the 10 seconds. Have a good day.

RE: LPI Feedback - Grumblesaur - 04-18-2020

(04-18-2020, 10:48 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: Your fines (and the fines of other lawful factions) might not be against the rules, Kahlmera, but they undermine the entire spirit of the mod and server. You are complicit in a trend that is detrimental to the game environment.

20 mil is chump change. if he had stopped he would be paying ZERO credits. Actions have consequences

That's assuming that the player whose character you're about to stop 1) knows that your traffic stop isn't going to cost him anything and 2) that the player whose character you're about to stop has enough time to invest in the game to accumulate wealth to the point that 20 million credits would be a nominal sum to them.

20 million credits is, depending on your choice of transport, commodities, and route, upwards of an hour's worth of work. In other cases, it's 15 minutes. The fact that his particular example is not especially pathological doesn't mean that your practices aren't harmful to the server. Saying that "it's 20 million, so it's no big deal" is the same as saying "I shot this guy, but I only hit him in the hand, and he survived after being admitted to the hospital, so it doesn't count as attempted homicide".

Maybe the fact that you're getting feedback on this is a good sign that you need to reconsider your policies to be more respectful toward your fellow players' time?

(04-18-2020, 10:54 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote:

That's assuming that the player whose character you're about to stop 1) knows that your traffic stop isn't going to cost him anything and 2) that the player whose character you're about to stop has enough time to invest in the game to accumulate wealth to the point that 20 million credits would be a nominal sum to them.

20 million credits is, depending on your choice of transport, commodities, and route, upwards of an hour's worth of work. In other cases, it's 15 minutes. The fact that his particular example is not especially pathological doesn't mean that your practices aren't harmful to the server. Saying that "it's 20 million, so it's no big deal" is the same as saying "I shot this guy, but I only hit him in the hand, and he survived after being admitted to the hospital, so it doesn't count as attempted homicide".

Maybe the fact that you're getting feedback on this is a good sign that you need to reconsider your policies to be more respectful toward your fellow players' time?

Listen pal I dont fine new transports 20 mil. I fine Veteran Organization who knows the Laws. I dont appreciate the stuff you are implying about me and my faction. I have members in LPI- that go out of there way to spend hours with new players. We dont screw them over. Also dont use new players as a shield, stop your ship and you wont be fined. (unless you have illegal cargo or breaking the law)

RE: LPI Feedback - darkwind - 04-18-2020

I'm sorry but what?
This lawful mercenary as you can see in proof swears to the chief of police, making direct refusal to the head of lawful forces with just bad language as an addition.

He quite deserves to be having this fee for his confrontation. At least that I think from seeing screenshot.

P.S. I'm not American, but in my country, we have also multiple fees for fees to have something being proceeded.

P.P.S. Not sure how about you, but 20mils are literally small pocket change to only replenish ammo anyway. And Forlorn looks to me like people, who have a similar condition to my understanding.

RE: LPI Feedback - NixOlympica - 04-18-2020

If we start bringing real world in it, did LPI have probable cause for the stop?

(04-18-2020, 10:59 PM)NixOlympica Wrote: If we start bringing real world in it, did LPI have probable cause for the stop?

Yes I did, Embargo into bering. All ships entering Houston orbit are scanned to ensure no cargo is being sent to Bering. Man that was easy.

(04-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: Listen pal I dont fine new transports 20 mil.

How do you know the difference between a new transport and an old transport? Do you know every player on the server? Do you have some kind of psychic power that grants you clairvoyance over the details of every player that logs in and passes through liberty space? No. You don't. This statement is a sham and you know it.

(04-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: I fine Veteran Organization who knows the Laws.
In this instance, yes. In every instance? Not necessarily. See above.

(04-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: I dont appreciate the stuff you are implying about me and my faction.
There is nothing at all "implied" about your explicitly-stated house laws thread. I am not implying anything -- I am directly stating that the enforcement of house laws is harmful to the game environment due to the severity of the punishments described therein.

(04-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: I have members in LPI- that go out of there way to spend hours with new players. We dont screw them over. Also dont use new players as a shield, stop your ship and you wont be fined. (unless you have illegal cargo or breaking the law)
Again, how can you tell the difference between a new player and an experienced player who just has some language difficulties? Or a bad attitude?

RE: LPI Feedback - Backo - 04-18-2020

(04-18-2020, 10:57 PM)darkwind Wrote: P.P.S. Not sure how about you, but 20mils are literally small pocket change to only replenish ammo anyway. And Forlorn looks to me like people, who have a similar condition to my understanding.

to create a VHF with all appropriate equipment needed costs around 10 to 12 million credits. Full VHF ammo and regens costs about 500 000 credits at best.

(04-18-2020, 11:02 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: Listen pal I dont fine new transports 20 mil.

How do you know the difference between a new transport and an old transport? Do you know every player on the server? Do you have some kind of psychic power that grants you clairvoyance over the details of every player that logs in and passes through liberty space? No. You don't. This statement is a sham and you know it.

(04-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: I fine Veteran Organization who knows the Laws.
In this instance, yes. In every instance? Not necessarily. See above.

(04-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: I dont appreciate the stuff you are implying about me and my faction.
There is nothing at all "implied" about your explicitly-stated house laws thread. I am not implying anything -- I am directly stating that the enforcement of house laws is harmful to the game environment due to the severity of the punishments described therein.

(04-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: I have members in LPI- that go out of there way to spend hours with new players. We dont screw them over. Also dont use new players as a shield, stop your ship and you wont be fined. (unless you have illegal cargo or breaking the law)
Again, how can you tell the difference between a new player and an experienced player who just has some language difficulties?

Actions have consequenecs, We do the best we can with what we are given. A veteran player can tell when they are dealing with someone new.

I consider this matter closed and I wont be responding anymore unless Sean has more to say. Good day to you all.

(04-18-2020, 11:03 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: I consider this matter closed and I wont be responding anymore unless Sean has more to say. Good day to you all.

Repeating yourself and sticking your fingers in your ears is an irresponsible and immature way to respond to feedback about your faction. If you don't have a good argument, nor any willingness to change the way your faction functions, why do you even have a feedback thread at all?