Discovery Gaming Community
Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing (/showthread.php?tid=70170)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Hellfire Legion - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:I understand that the HF and other players have spent a lot of time acquiring a significant number of different ships and technologies to support their role play. I am not intentionally belittling the effort that you have put into doing this.

The issue is that we are trying to find a balance between player freedom, fairness, history, lore and storyline roleplay, lore and history. I do not claim that this system is the best solution. Saying 'leave things alone' is not a solution either because although the HF will get what they want other players will be left out and this is not fair.

I suggest that you try this new system for a while. If it causing major problems, it will be adjusted.

You can disregard the HF matter if it makes your life easier as HF has bigger issues, so don't waste a second of time thinking about that faction. Leave that to the faction's leaders, we're better at thinking for the HF anyhow. Now lock this thread.

EDIT: Treat that as me speaking as the Executive Commander if you will, or Ench if you prefer. There's little difference at this point.

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Jayce - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:I have been playing for a few years now under various accounts and with various characters. Only once have I had a tech request granted. My role play is solid, my requests within the scope of the factions, and yet only once have I been granted tech. At one point I was actually told to sell a ship I had purchased from my own factions base because the faction who made it didn't like the deal. This is the kind of stupidity that the new system will solve. People are petty. They are prejudiced against others not in thier clique or who are different. The new system won't tell you no simply because it doesn't like you or doesn't know you. More avenues of Role Play will be opened because people previously telling you no for personal reasons rather than role play will no longer be in charge of your role play. This places LESS restrictions on role play while making it impossible to min/max for purely pvp reasons. It also makes it much harder for factions to control the roleplay of characters not in the faction but who are within the scope of the rules.

This does make sense, and does shed some light on the issue of the tech nerf. I understand people do have their Skype "cliques" and they use this to their advantage.

What I don't support is that this basically renders the need for official factions moot. Why bother joining an official faction that has worked for special tech through RP when you can go out and just buy it?

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - ProwlerPC - 12-20-2011

I'm up for leaving this open for discussion if there's others with an opinion or perhaps follow up on what has been learned. For example we are seeing the possibility that this system is adjustable for each faction themed tech. Perhaps it's time the faction leaders begin making their checklists of allied tech, friendly tech, neutral tech and hostile tech.

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Jihadjoe - 12-20-2011

Locked at OP's request.