Discovery Gaming Community
Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. (/showthread.php?tid=134557)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 04-26-2016

- That was a healthy dose of optimism, can't say. Well, you are right about Bretonia. Going there would be a suicide for you. Liberty isn't that bad, although not best either. Rheinland... Hm. Well, I don't know much about the lawful side of it. As for Kusari... True, the republic is rather close with Gallia. That may be an issue, even though I personally find it unlikely, given how libertonian authorities don't bother me despite my questionable status in Bretonia. Hmmm... You can settle on a freeport and get yourself a place to live. We can move from that, once you catch a breath. Or... I know! You should check out Gran Canaria.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 05-05-2016

- Gran Canaria... - Sean moved his hands under the head while thinking - I've heard about it and checked, but never visited... - taking a deep breath he closed his eyes - It didn't seem like a place where I would be able to live with my... umm... ways of making money. Also it's quite deep into teritory not controlled by any neutral party, I think...

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 05-05-2016

- The surroundings may not me the calmest place in Omegas, but the planet is as neutral as it can get. And it's freezing, a trait that I suppose is something you'd like. And, well, maybe it's time to change your ways? - her voice had an amused tone. -To become a proper, law abiding citzen? Hmmmm? - Flora looked at Sean. - But if you really can't live without it... Well, that makes things tricky.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 05-05-2016

- Is it any fun to be a law abiding citizen? - he chuckled at her words, still holding his eyes closed, thus not noticing her look - If there is any other proper source of fun I will surely live without thieving. But really, nothing that I know can compare... - he just smiled then, calmly but indiferently - The same goes for work I guess. I have tallents, but I lack the knowledge where to put them.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 05-05-2016

She turned her look back to the sky.

-
Well, there isn't much fun in that, I agree. But you may want to look for a way of living that doesn't annoy your neighbours. And talents, you say? Heh. While I'm fairly sure they are nowhere near mine, I dare to say you look like someone who knows how to do something. Shoot, let's see what we can work with.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 05-06-2016

- Your modesty is endless... - Sean laughed out quietly. He opened his eyes and with a teasing grin looked at Flora - But even if I take it as truth, your superior tallents are still not helping you much in the maters of fame and money. So what's the point of all those tallents if you can't put them to a full use?

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 05-06-2016

- Well... I'm just not the glory-seeking kind of person. Because, well, there's nothing that stands in my way to becoming oh-so-famous mind in Sirius. But I just don't want that. Fame is tiresome. it brings more harm than good and no amount of money is going to convince me otherwise. Getting silently wealthy, on the other hand... That's something I'd like. And something I have in my plans since ever. And I can tell you that I'll achieve that. Sooner rather than later, even. So you better be nice to me now and maaaaaybe I'll share a bit with you. - she smiled at him.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 05-06-2016

Sean laughed at such reply in a teasing maner - Sure, I will be nice. And if I will feel great need I will just... - he paused there to make an innocent look - ... take some? - then he returned to his mocking expression - Though I think by the time you'd get wealthy I won't need any money. My method allows me to get rich relatively fast, should I wish to. - switching to a playful smile he added - And it also won't make me famous. Double win. Whose tallets are better now?

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 05-06-2016

- Still mine. Because I, you see, - Flora was speaking with a teasing tone. - push the scientific frontier forward and do something good for humanity. Not deprive people of their property like you. Little parasite. - she added with amusement. - You really sound like you should be doing well, given your superior expertise at procuring wealth through alternate means. And yet you are here, with a little Caracal and a single grenade making up the entirety of your belongings. How come?

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 05-07-2016

A loud laugh came from Sean - You make my situation sound so horrible. - with a more calmer smile he continued - Firstly I have lot more then just that. Especially grenades of any kind. And secondly, being wealthy is boring. - his expression turned slightly upset - You sure have plenty more options for your amusement, but really, all of that feels plain and tasteless at some point. I just take as much as I need to maintain my way of existence. - he turned his look back at the sky - If I'd choose wealth over excitement I would likely stay in Gallia as I had both there...