Discovery Gaming Community
GRN feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: GRN feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=60805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: GRN feedback thread - Kauket - 08-24-2016

I mean, even bumping the comms itself can help...

Or maybe try to reach out on Skype.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Flashâ„¢ - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 01:26 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Its funny how you'll make time to extort player bases but can't seem to find the time to respond, even with a no

If you like I'll pay you in credits to RP with Orbital, or do I need to build a base in your ZOI first? I don't know which will get your attention faster

Like Nyx mentioned above. If you bumped the actual comm, it could have been done sooner because I check the comm threads every other day to see if there is anything GRN related. I haven't checked the feedback thread after the whole "GRN ganks, pvp scum, don't RP" crap above, and I apologize for that.

Also, the comm was made in a rather odd time, because GRN went through a leadership change. I'll have a word with HC about your comm and have a reply ready for you today.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Croft - 08-24-2016

Cheers Flash, the comm was posted just after the Cali GRN v LN event about 4 months ago plus the unappealing reply to Nemo's reminder didn't exactly fill me with confidence at the time.
Theres no rush on the reply, just to know its been acknowledged is good enough.

RE: GRN feedback thread - TheShooter36 - 01-26-2017

Soooooooooooooooo, what a low move of resigning from the event becaus you cant win 10:0 on snubs "because we dive in with mortaring cruisers" and not even bothering to apologize to CR at least. If you guys gonna treat us like shat then dont expect we trying to have fair fights anymore. You asked for this. I never held any oorp hate and tried to give fun to every party but noooooooo some people just want to wreck some hard and even shat on the long planned event eh?

so even when i am here with a serious thing you gonna act like shat (by you i mean GRN). Stop being a bunch of trolls and grow up. You dont deserve fair fights from beginning btw.

There is a difference between forcing and motivating them Sanja. I do the second. Also if you complain about such an old videogame why you play it anyway? Smile)) Dont play the game just to ruin stuff around.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Thunderer - 01-26-2017

Hey Shooter, if the current GRN| is no good, instead of complaining in a feedback thread, which is an old and horribly overused thing already, why don't you simply make a new GRN? I need targets that don't wave the white flag at the very mention of the word "battle". I'd join if there are too few of them. His Majesty needs someone to be his ultimate argument, and that argument is not a very convincing one if it's an improvised white flag hanged on a baguette.

(01-26-2017, 01:59 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Hey Shooter, if the current GRN| is no good, instead of complaining in a feedback thread, which is an old and horribly overused thing already, why don't you simply make a new GRN? I need targets that don't wave the white flag at the very mention of the word "battle". I'd join if there are too few of them. His Majesty needs someone to be his ultimate argument, and that argument is not a very convincing one if it's an improvised white flag hanged on a baguette.

@Thunderer if i had time from handling CR stuff id definitely make one

RE: GRN feedback thread - Jansen - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 02:21 AM)Omicega Wrote: Following a period of consultation within the official faction, as well as with whatever vaguely prolific indies I could find (at least one of whom has helpfully posted here to back up an earlier complaint of mine), GRN| is withdrawing its backing and participation in this event series.

If I had to cite a reason, it would be an overwhelming contempt for fair play and mutual enjoyment exhibited by a significant portion of the opposing side. I won't point any fingers in particular, but I'm not sure if I even have to.

I apologise to @Thyrzul and The Council for how things turned out regarding his extensive and detailed plans regarding the Tau-44 storyline progression, and also to @sindroms for the effort and time wasted on organising something that, in other circumstances, would have been a well thought out and welcome addition to the Tau region and its flagging activity levels. Unfortunately I haven't the energy, motivation, patience, or sanity to put up with the sheer amount of vitriol I'm personally having to deal with as a result of this event series, and I think the enthusiasm my member base was displaying has also long since burnt out.

Im sorry, but this is the kind of behaviour an official faction should not show. If people put that much time and work into creating an event, then you shouldnt just pull out of it like this.
Blaming it on the other sides 'contempt for fair play' seems to be rather sketchy, considering the simple amount of "PVP-aces" on your side of this event. Considering that you did not really complain when the GRN made the first roughly 20-30 (?) kills, while the other side had not even nearly as many, you also shouldnt complain if the other side, which apparently lacks 'PVP-aces', tries to counter that by either larger numbers or specific tactics.
So simply fading out of an event because the other side decided to make kills a bit harder for you, is something I'd consider a slight bit hypocritical and definitely not something an official faction should do.
Guess the enthusiasm of the GRN member base also was only as short lived as the chance for easy blues? If so, then your decision would be quite understandable, but a shame nontheless.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Durandal - 01-26-2017

This isn't really GRN| feedback - at least not entirely - but I actually refused to show up on my Lynx or Nyx due to the leadership involved on both sides. That should be pretty telling.

I called it that this was going to be a trainwreck the moment I saw it, glad I stayed away.