Discovery Gaming Community
Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 (/showthread.php?tid=98543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - AeternusDoleo - 05-27-2013

There are several pre-existing rumors stating that Brigands and Corse members frequent Solar bases. I'm assuming that's due to a Samura/Hogosha-esque relation intended. Without that, Solar really doesn't serve any purpose anymore in Gallia - EFL can just gobble them up, and we can eliminate one of three Gallic pure hauler factions. Solar needs something that sets them aside, or they have no reason to exist. They've been assigned the lane tech, but that initially lay with EFL in the 4.85 planning for Gallia.

Quote:Does that mean i have to pirate Hans Sauerkraut, hessian and blood diamond smuggler par excellence and if he accepts i have to let him go? Normally i would shoot the guy without giving him a way out, but now i have the choice of giving a fulfillable demand and let him go or giving him a unfulfillable one and opening myself up to a possible pvp abuse sanction.
If you are Carlos Corsairo and Hans Sauerkraut is carrying Blood Diamonds, that other line on your Sair ID says you can treat the ship as a combat target. If Hans Sauerkraut is smuggling other stuff, then yea, you're going to want to demand his cargo instead. This is to try and mitigate some of the triggerhappy behaviour between some people.

Belarus, to be as clear as you are:
Yes.
No.
Yes.
No.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - xiphos - 05-27-2013

(05-17-2013, 08:14 AM)Ceoran Wrote: And then there's the daily request to have the GMG ID changed to pirate "outside of house space" instead of "inside their ZOI" to fall in line with everyone else. This makes them drop Honshu and Frankfurt (where the ID would be open to abuse otherwise) but will let them gain all the between-house systems they may visit while delivering their products.

(05-20-2013, 09:28 AM)Ceoran Wrote: I still consider limiting the GMG to only pirate outside of house space a proper move even from a RP-perspective. There are various reasons.
  • It just doesn't make sense to attack Kruger and Samura in Honshu and Frankfurt. Rheinland and Kusari wouldn't tolerate it without rendering the GMG a criminal organisation.
  • Neither of the two aforementioned factions can retaliate in said systems.
  • Not even the Hogosha can pirate the GMG in Honshu. Or anyone else for that matter.
  • Should diplomatic relations change to be outright hostile, the GMG has the according line to engage their enemies in Honshu and Frankfurt as well, but at the cost of not being able to safely traverse the according house.

The alternative I can see is pre-emptively rephacking the GMG hostile to the mentioned factions because it will happen anyway after the first incident. That would however give them a happy ride either direction out of their systems.

Did i miss an answer to this, or is there still a discussion about it somewhere in the Dev/Admin chats?

EDIT 2: Question answered. Reading the OP post with the ID's is helpful sometimes. :$

Thanks Brad.... (sun)

EDIT 1:
(05-27-2013, 02:19 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Hans Sauerkraut

Hahahaha. This one made my day. Join the LWB| with this Charactername and you will be a Star !!!

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - belarusich - 05-27-2013

I thought Omicron Alpha is written without "," Big Grin

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Eduard - 05-30-2013

I must say, I like how the proposed limitations and perks for some IDs have evolved and how they came to be. ( The BHG, BHG Core, Order and Zoner for example and I admit these are the ones which interest me the most )

I have another question though, what are the chances that these ID proposals will make it into the next update? Or if no 4.87 then 4.88.

Thanks in advance

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - GrnRaptor - 05-30-2013

(05-27-2013, 09:11 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: I don't see the point of referencing Ellesmere. It's a Liberty system heavily influenced by the LSF. Nothing more, nothing less.

You reference it in the LSF/LN ID, so what are you saying? Is it because you moved the LSF guard system(I asked Soul Reaper about this) into the path of the Omicron Minor to Alaska journey that we need explicit rights to kill there?

This doesn't address the linked question I had about the Guard System status of both Ellesmere and Virginia either. If this status is going away for both, then you should add Virginia to the KoS line as it's pretty much the most secure Navy system where no unauthorized vessels should be.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - farmerman - 05-30-2013

(05-30-2013, 08:43 AM)Ed- Wrote: I have another question though, what are the chances that these ID proposals will make it into the next update? Or if no 4.87 then 4.88.

Thanks in advance

For one of the 4.87 updates? I'd estimate 110%.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - AeternusDoleo - 05-31-2013

This is intended to go in the player beta. Will it? Depends if the results pass the scrutiny of the rest of the admins once the playerbase is done commenting on it Smile

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Eduard - 05-31-2013

Ok, thank you for clarifying then

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - AeternusDoleo - 06-02-2013

First post updated. Changes:
Some fixes as per Belarus post.
Solar Engineering ID changed.

I'm looking to wrap this up as the 4.87 development cycle is coming close to player beta. Please check if there's anything missed/wrong/unusual. If there's no further comments that haven't already been addressed, I'll run this by the other admins.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Teerin - 06-02-2013

It's good to see that the Solar Engineering ID was changed to reflect the Hypnotainment Bands issue.

EDIT: Hold a second! Although the Unione Corse are the main producers of Hypnotainment Bands, the Brigands are indeed the main shippers of them. Solar Engineering would probably know of this.

Along the same line of discussion, it kinda irks me that the Hellfire Legion, Coalition, and SCRA IDs allow their players to treat Hypnos as contraband. If you don't get what I mean or where this is going, I can provide an explanation.