Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Police, Inc. Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Police, Inc. Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: LPI Feedback - Stoner_Steve - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 05:46 AM)Hemlocke Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 05:32 AM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: a million credit fine because someone is making fun of another players in character failure to use their ship name when "issuing an order" seems a little out of place and unnecessary. While I appreciate that a fine was not handed out. I'm still finding fault in having the fine even issued when "an insult" isn't clearly defined within that massive pile of words you call The Laws Of Liberty

Insult officer, pay the fine, or do your time. Insult a pirate, you're deader than my sex drive. Not sure how people don't understand this yet.

My point being is the word "Insult" doesn't appear in the laws of Liberty.

RE: LPI Feedback - Hemlocke - 05-03-2020

Seems to me as if you just overlooked what you didn't want to see.

"Causing, contributing to or participating in a public disturbance."

-This is defined as encouraging or being a part of a public disturbance, which includes, but is not limited to, verbal or physical altercation between individuals, polluting the house of Liberty by dumping toxic waste into space and destroying property under ownership such as cargo depots.

^That is found in Section IV. "Non-Violent Crimes"

You're welcome.

RE: LPI Feedback - Kalhmera - 05-03-2020

"Causing, contributing to or participating in a public disturbance."

-This is defined as encouraging or being a part of a public disturbance, which includes, but is not limited to, verbal or physical altercation between individuals, polluting the house of Liberty by dumping toxic waste into space and destroying property under ownership such as cargo depots.

Technically I could have made you go through with the fine. It's literally 1 million credits and if you had cared to read the laws that @SnakThree has been dedicating a lot of time to re write and make shorter I would appreciate it. Thank you. And I consider this matter closed.

RE: LPI Feedback - Inferno - 05-03-2020

For context, I didn't issue an order. There was no demand to do anything regarding your ship. You clearly either took the statement I was making the wrong way or decided that's how you were going to roleplay it as such. Regardless of the intended result, your response was interpreted as a violation of Liberty law by another player, and roleplay continued in that direction.

RE: LPI Feedback - SnakThree - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 05:32 AM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: a million credit fine because someone is making fun of another players in character failure to use their ship name when "issuing an order" seems a little out of place and unnecessary. While I appreciate that a fine was not handed out. I'm still finding fault in having the fine even issued when "an insult" isn't clearly defined within that massive pile of words you call The Laws Of Liberty

Gallic Laws. 1,147 words 7,777 characters
Liberty Laws. 1,696 words 10,864 characters
Kusari Laws. 2,142 words 13,691 characters
Bretonia Laws. 2,957 words 19,292 characters
Rheinland Laws. 3,276 words 21,242 characters

We have spent the last month rewriting laws bit by bit to be shorter, clearer and overall more easily read. Word count got dropped from 3238 to 1696 and I don't think we are done yet.

Now then, how is verbal altercation not a clear enough? Do you want us to add ALL the possible crimes, so that laws are actually a massive pile of words?

Maybe next time use your right to employ brains instead of instantly making judgement based on wrong assumption?

RE: LPI Feedback - Stoner_Steve - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 06:11 AM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: "Causing, contributing to or participating in a public disturbance."

Technically I could have made you go through with the fine. It's literally 1 million credits and if you had cared to read the laws that @SnakThree has been dedicating a lot of time to re write and make shorter I would appreciate it. Thank you. And I consider this matter closed.
(05-03-2020, 06:15 AM)Inferno Wrote: For context, I didn't issue an order.
[03.05.2020 04:07:49] [LN]-James.Eienhart: "Bustard Echo-Thirty-Four, you are currently preventing the docking protocol of Heavy Six-Three, please reorient."
[03.05.2020 04:08:04] [LN]-James.Eienhart: At least the cargo ships know the pattern.
[03.05.2020 04:08:17] >\./<Wraith_Holme: Ted: Well lucky for us we aren't looking to go out picking fights. And I'm sorry are you talking to me, we have a call sign
[03.05.2020 04:08:25] >\./<Wraith_Holme: Ted: Not that I'd expect an officer of Liberty to be able to read
[03.05.2020 04:08:41] 2020-05-03 04:08:41 SMT >\./<Wraith_Holme's docking rights have been removed by LPI-Holiday.J[C] for minimum 120 seconds

I don't believe this meets even the most vague of descriptions of "disturbance" or "verbal altercation"

Either way It was silly of me to expect you to change your behavior. I see now that this is how Liberty is and I should change my behavior to avoid such individuals.

RE: LPI Feedback - Jayce - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 07:23 AM)Captain_Nemo Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 06:11 AM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: "Causing, contributing to or participating in a public disturbance."

(05-03-2020, 06:15 AM)Inferno Wrote: For context, I didn't issue an order.
[03.05.2020 04:07:49] [LN]-James.Eienhart: "Bustard Echo-Thirty-Four, you are currently preventing the docking protocol of Heavy Six-Three, please reorient."
[03.05.2020 04:08:04] [LN]-James.Eienhart: At least the cargo ships know the pattern.
[03.05.2020 04:08:17] >\./<Wraith_Holme: Ted: Well lucky for us we aren't looking to go out picking fights. And I'm sorry are you talking to me, we have a call sign
[03.05.2020 04:08:25] >\./<Wraith_Holme: Ted: Not that I'd expect an officer of Liberty to be able to read
[03.05.2020 04:08:41] 2020-05-03 04:08:41 SMT >\./<Wraith_Holme's docking rights have been removed by LPI-Holiday.J[C] for minimum 120 seconds

I don't believe this meets even the most vague of descriptions of "disturbance" or "verbal altercation"

Either way It was silly of me to expect you to change your behavior. I see now that this is how Liberty is and I should change my behavior to avoid such individuals.

Do you walk up to the county sheriff and call them illiterate?

I didn't think so.

RE: LPI Feedback - Grumblesaur - 05-03-2020

I'm assuming this was in front of the mooring fixture at Manhattan from the dialogue and from the general tendency of Liberty lawfuls to just hover there and mash /setmsg whenever a trader floats by.

What's honestly more concerning here than the laws of Liberty is the fact that apparently officers of the law have nothing better to do than nitpick the way people park in orbit. Are civilians, neutral entities, and noncombatants really that important of a focus to LPI that you'll yank out TLAGSNET because somebody said something mean?

I would figure that, being a police faction, busting criminals would be a greater priority than walking around with a wooden spoon waiting for someone to incur a nonviolent misdemeanor.

RE: LPI Feedback - Kalhmera - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 07:52 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: I'm assuming this was in front of the mooring fixture at Manhattan from the dialogue and from the general tendency of Liberty lawfuls to just hover there and mash /setmsg whenever a trader floats by.

What's honestly more concerning here than the laws of Liberty is the fact that apparently officers of the law have nothing better to do than nitpick the way people park in orbit. Are civilians, neutral entities, and noncombatants really that important of a focus to LPI that you'll yank out TLAGSNET because somebody said something mean?

I would figure that, being a police faction, busting criminals would be a greater priority than walking around with a wooden spoon waiting for someone to incur a nonviolent misdemeanor.

Yes! That's what we strive for! Thanks for letting us know we are doing a great job!

RE: LPI Feedback - Grumblesaur - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 08:07 AM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: Yes! That's what we strive for! Thanks for letting us know we are doing a great job!

While we're taking away the wrong things from people's posts, I have to say, I really admire the fact that your faction is probably too cowardly for a real fight, and hoards far more capital ships than a police force should reasonably have, in addition to directing most of their energy at noncombatants. Truly it is an amazing feat to ignore so many of the interesting challenges in this game and divert all of one's resources to keeping alive the long tradition of pedantic laws and fines and building mountains of molehills.

It obviously goes without saying that Liberty Police Incorporated is a pillar of the community, able to hold up the dreaded weight of the burden of securing Manhattan orbit and its many player base weapon platforms.

No other faction on the server has quite as impressive a collection of shiny toys squandered on the mundane duties. No other faction so accurately embodies the power trip mentality of Real American Police Departments with their incessant fines and corruption and violence and indignity -- who would ever dare insinuate that such things could ever be toxic, unhealthy behaviors that are damaging to the fabric of the community?

Not I! Nobody at all! Praise be to Kalhmera and his faction's dedication!