Discovery Gaming Community
The future of mining? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The future of mining? (/showthread.php?tid=55945)

The future of mining? - Stuart.croll - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:I think most people forget that the implementation of the mining mod was the whole time rather a test phase to look how the impact of that new method of generating money would be.
It doesn't need to be turned off, its surroundings need to be balanced to each other so it's not that uncommon anymore to have a cargo load worth several dozen millions.
Miners and their respective traders F1 out of interactions and insult/swear at pirates for them losing so much credits when blown up.

It's a question of proper balance, not if the mining mod itself has to stay or not. Of course, just turning it off is the easier -solution-, but as said, just will bring back the -old problems- that people had been complaining about with the traders before the times of the mining mod.

People do not like F1ing and swearing miners? Guess how said miners will react when they're forced to generate their precious credits the much harder and more time consuming way of trading.

I never get blown up when carrying ore. Why? Because I pay the fine. If I'm carrying low value then I'll sometimes have a go. I've learned not to be too greedy.

The future of mining? - Curios - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:When we were sometimes cargopirating for purely RP reason, to take useless crap from traders, we still met a lot of them outside mining systems, and they were not hauling ore. Where is your god now?

There were a way more of them before mining. And Navy factions had to actually patrol something to catch lane raiders. Now most of pirates\miners\traders are in same system so, BAF, for pure example just sit in Dublin all the time because that can cover alot of activity in their space. It was fun to see NOT only 3 systems populated when people had to fly around and trade.

I don't belive in a god.

:cool:

The future of mining? - Divine - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:... I've learned not to be too greedy.

That's you being one out of hundred miners. Not that much of a good ratio.

One problem that might have occured alongside with the mining mod is that pirates seem to have forgotten that not all traders are involved into the mining business and therefore should think once more about the amount of money they extort from the regular traders.
But that's a player based issue and has nothing to do with the game mechanics, eventually is just related to the insufficiently worked out balance between mining and trading.

The future of mining? - Vladimir - 03-02-2011

Quote:There were a way more of them before mining.

Yeye, the point is, cargopirating for usual trading crap is just boring. You can't get in anywhere, really, and even if you somehow manage to sell it, profits are too low to be really bothered.

Quote:It was fun to see NOT only 3 systems populated when people had to fly around and trade.

Even with mining, many systems are still populated. The only thing i miss is hordes of sairs in gamma.

Quote:I don't belive in a god.

It's np, nobody does, it's a figure of speech.

The future of mining? - the real dutch - 03-02-2011

noooooooooooooooooo canon !!!!! what to do now with my life? no freelancer without mining !!
really ,this won't do anything with my activity in a fighter.

The future of mining? - Marko111 - 03-02-2011

What is with scrap? I think turning off ALL mining commodities is just too much.

The future of mining? - Backo - 03-02-2011

Gaiz, gaiz, guess what? There's activity both in Rheinland and Kusari! People are actually entering that dead space and exploring places like Dresden and New Tokyo! Amazing, isn't it?!

The future of mining? - Clyde - 03-02-2011

well, lets just nerf trading 100%

and lets just get money from stupid missions as if this **** would be a single player game

edit
nice sweearword filter

The future of mining? - jxie93 - 03-02-2011

Turning it off permanently maybe too drastic. I agree with reducing the profit to a level such that it's comparable with trading. Seriously, they only reason 90% of the population mine is because they can't earn nearly as much profits by trading.

The future of mining? - Clyde - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:Turning it off permanently maybe too drastic. I agree with reducing the profit to a level such that it's comparable with trading. Seriously, they only reason 90% of the population mine is because they can't earn nearly as much profits by trading.

well, the best is if you just buy ore from miners and trade
but this player interaction is now gone