Discovery Gaming Community
Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 (/showthread.php?tid=98543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Thyrzul - 06-10-2013

(06-10-2013, 10:39 AM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: To backup Hone on his Privateer bit.

More than a year ago, the QCP actually were permitted to use 1 particular base for such operations.

Here's the link

That deal happened more than a year ago, and you know, SMI, many things happened with Felanis since then... quit Brigands, joined Council, betrayed Council and as latest rumors say, he is among the Ghosts of Razgriz now. What would be the basis of such a deal still standing?

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Sabru - 06-10-2013

(06-10-2013, 09:52 AM)Duvelske Wrote: Well as i did see Aet did fix our nice docking cruiser/battleships within house space. But even before we made this suggestion with several popes within TAZ.

Quote:; dsy_license_pf_04_grp
NAME
Temporary Autonomous Zoners

INFOCARD
Zoner

Pilot carrying this ID is a genuine and authorized Discordian Pope. A blessed child of the goddess called Eris who:
- Can smite cabbages in self-defense, to protect an allied or neutral transport, in defense of Zoner bases, or those who dare insult the Goddess of Discord
- Can demand contraband, levy fines consisting of Five Tons of Flax and put ships in Oblivion if they refuse to cooperate or violate the Pentabarf. (within Baffin only.)
- Cannot dock cruisers, battleships, or transports (with more then 3,600 cargo) within House Space. except on GMG, IMG or Zoner bases.
- May align your Pineal Amulets with the Sacred Chao.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers, Battleships and a flying beanie.
This ID may only be used if you are enlightened by Eris herself and granted to be a Pope of the Temporary Autonomous Zoners.

If the line
Quote:- Cannot dock cruisers, battleships, or transports (with more then 3,600 cargo) within House Space. except on GMG, IMG or Zoner bases.
has to be changed i suggest just using the 2 current lines

Quote:- Cannot dock Cruisers and Battleships on any base within any House, except on Zoner bases.
- Cannot dock transports with more than 3,600 cargo within any House, except on GMG, IMG or Zoner bases.

or

Quote:- Eris prohibits any Pope to dock Cruisers and Battleships on any base within any House, with exception on Zoner bases. Or her torn will fall upon you
- Chao will fall upon you when you dock transports with more than 3,600 cargo within any House, except on GMG, IMG or Zoner bases.

I like these changes. very TAZ. Big Grin

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Scumbag - 06-11-2013

Considering this thread: Commodities restricted to id would it be beneficial for role play to include the commodities usually hauled by a corporation in the id description.
For example, Ageira hauls gate lane parts, Cryer hauls pharmaceuticals, etc.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - AeternusDoleo - 06-11-2013

It is possible to restrict the sale of commodities based on reputation - much like you can with faction guns (or any type of equipment really). So if, for instance, we only sell Gate/Lane Parts at Pueblo, we could require a player to be +0.89 (full green) rep with Ageira before they'd sell those goods. I'm not sure of restricting them based on ID is possible.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Duvelske - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 02:37 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: It is possible to restrict the sale of commodities based on reputation - much like you can with faction guns (or any type of equipment really). So if, for instance, we only sell Gate/Lane Parts at Pueblo, we could require a player to be +0.89 (full green) rep with Ageira before they'd sell those goods. I'm not sure of restricting them based on ID is possible.

cough.. k'hara id allows you to buy liquid cardamine.. without it you cannot. So im sure its possible. Much work i guess, but it can be done. Same with jumpgates/jumphole etc. also stations which with some id's you cannot dock for example on BMM stations or IMG ones. Its there..

(06-11-2013, 02:37 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: It is possible to restrict the sale of commodities based on reputation - much like you can with faction guns (or any type of equipment really). So if, for instance, we only sell Gate/Lane Parts at Pueblo, we could require a player to be +0.89 (full green) rep with Ageira before they'd sell those goods. I'm not sure of restricting them based on ID is possible.

What i meant with my post was to have it written in the ID, like the ZOI, a guide for better RP. We can discuss the restriction in the other thread.

For example:
Quote:; dsy_license_br_m_grp
NAME
Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing ID

INFOCARD
Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing

Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing is a Bretonian mining and industrial corporation that competes with Daumann and the Independent Miners Guild. They mine Gold, Beryllium, Hydrocarbons and Niobum. They partner with Border World Exports, and prefer not to deal with Gateway.

Pilot carrying this lawful ID is an employee of Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing, also known as BMM, who:

- Can attack unlawfuls and quasilawfuls in self-defense, to protect an allied or neutral lawful ship, if they are within 10km of a Trade Lane or Jump Gate, or in defense of a base of the same affiliation, both within and outside of their Zone of Influence.
- Can attack unlawfuls, quasilawfuls and ships belonging to houses or organisations considered hostile by Bretonia within their Zone of Influence.
- Can attack Mollys anywhere.
- Can engage in piracy against GMS, IMG, Daumann and Kruger within the Taus and the Omegas only.
- Cannot ally with any unlawfuls.
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.

BMM usually transports:
Aluminium
Boron
Cobalt
Iridium
Platinum
Basic Alloy
Mining Machinery
Aluminium ore
Boron ore
Cobalt ore
Iridium ore
Platinum ore
etc
etc

Zone of Influence: Bretonia, Omega-3, Omega-49
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Duvelske - 06-11-2013

To be honest i think that will be a LONG list then. Would only include the special ones which they COULD buy and others could not.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Echo 7-7 - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 03:41 PM)Scumbag Wrote:

What i meant with my post was to have it written in the ID, like the ZOI, a guide for better RP. We can discuss the restriction in the other thread.

For example:

I'm all for restricting certain commodities by reputation with base owner (this is proven with equipment already), but listing commodities on the ID is making things far more complicated. The ID is an out-of-roleplay rules item, not a fully-fledged lore guide. Any limitations on trade and cargo transportation would be better executed in the long term through game mechanics.

(06-11-2013, 05:19 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: I'm all for restricting certain commodities by reputation with base owner (this is proven with equipment already), but listing commodities on the ID is making things far more complicated. The ID is an out-of-roleplay rules item, not a fully-fledged lore guide. Any limitations on trade and cargo transportation would be better executed in the long term through game mechanics.

Valid point. Then it would be better to have this in the reputation list, where we have the description for factions/ where you see your IFF. That list needs to be updated anyway with the new changes.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Thyrzul - 06-11-2013

How dynamic could such system be? (We know it is possible, see: K'Hara - Liquid Cardi)