Discovery Gaming Community
Traders/And using more computers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Traders/And using more computers (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Traders/And using more computers - Virus - 05-13-2006

I have a question:

Is it possible to move the engine to the back, yet still have the effect where it is? If so, that would fix the problem.

Traders/And using more computers - f2k - 05-13-2006

Dab, I can see your point. But remember that PCs are not the only ones that you can pirate. Therere way more NPCs than PCs out there. Why dont you go after them for a while?

Ive asked before and now I ask again. Why are traders simply expected to roll over and play dead as soon as a pirate shows up? Im not giving my hard earned cash to some scumbag pirate who happens to be in the same area as me. So, unless I feel that Im too far away from a friendly base to make it, Ill run for the nearest shelter

I do admit that theres a problem with the Trains Missile Immunity. However, its not complete just fire a good salvo of disrupters and chances are that youll stop me.

Traders/And using more computers - The Damned - 05-13-2006

WaRINING -SPOILER!

You can disrupt trains - its fairly easy come to think of it. The thing is to target the turret on one of the engines. Then a good performed shot from hornet (wasp has samller area so it dosen't work) and the engines are off...enjoy the catch (don't forget to profilacticaly fire disrupter missles trough 5-8 seconds).

Traders/And using more computers - marauder - 05-13-2006

I can't see how firing several cruise disrupters will work. I've flown a train through dozens of disrupters fired by NPC's, they all hit and they all did nothing at all.

It's easier to pay then die and lose cargo as long as they don't ask for too much.

I'd ask traders for not more then $500,000, which is most you can expect from missions, the only time a demand for cash would be higher is if there's several of us pirates grouped together. Even then the total amount wouldn't be higher then 1.5 mil (and that'd be for 3+ pirates sharing the money).

If a pirate demands 1 mil or more just for themselves then they're asking to be left sitting there while the trader runs.

Trouble is I've seen several pirates in both my phantom and TG characters. Only a very few have been friendly on my HUD to the phantom ones and none have come up as hostile on my HUD in my TG ones.

I think this is because theres very few people using pirate characters who want to be attacked by NPCs everywhere they go, which is what happens when your a pirate.

Even I get tired of being attacked by swarms of BHG fighters when ever I move my phantom characters anywhere and one of them is a BS.

So part of the problem is pirates not having the right rep and demanding too much cash.

Traders/And using more computers - Nightfall - 05-13-2006

I second this marauder, the pirate should not ask too much... and the reps too (you should see Ace.Bernard.Fokke or the AMPOLIROS out of Omicron Alpha, it's fun :))

Traders/And using more computers - Wolfpack98 - 05-13-2006

Dab,May 12 2006, 02:01 PM Wrote:Oh thats right, because they couldn't pirate. Every single trader (and even sometimes fighters and 1-2 gunboats) have ran and docked when I asked for money or cargo. Not a single complied or even responded. First thign they did was hit the cruise and fly off to a base. And there is no way to stop a train in cruise. Its completely immune to cruise disrupters. Face it guys. There is NO WAY for someone to pirate a trader. I have started shooting first and killing them for the lootable cargo. Thats the only way to make some money out of it. And comon people! NY wasn't made non-pvp to protect traders from pirates. It was made so people had a place to talk with others without getting attacked by someone. It WAS NOT made that way to be available for traders to hide from pirates until they logged off.

There are only a few ways to fix this problem.

1.) Somehow make trains susceptible to cruise disrupters.
2.) Not allow traders to camp in NY or on bases/planets (can't really be enforced though...).
3.) Make trains take a long time to go to cruise (this could work).
4.) Make trains incredibly weak, which also makes NPC pirates too strong against them.

Okay. Regarding NY...

It was never meant to be safe haven for anyone except n00bs. However I can see why people might not like it. I don't like system/base camping either, but how the hell are we gonna enforce any such rule? Now.. lemme address your possible solutions.

1) They already are.. gotta use hornets and a carefully placed shot. Ask Damned for details...
2) Not enforceable and never gonna happen, bud.
3) eh... I don't think this is gonna do sh*t.. players will just take a ship with smaller cargo and run with it.
4) Oh, hell no. That unbalances the trains. From someone who screams murder over unbalanced ships, this is a surprise from you, Dab.

I don't see any real solution here, folks. Nothing that can be implemented long-term anyway.

My personal preference would be set some specific rules on HOW you're gonna be able to pirate others.. say... limit of money you can ask for, that kind of thing.

$1 million is a load of money. for nearly 60% or more of the players on the server, not a problem as ii have yet to see very many of us dip below level 40. $500K is more in the range it should be. So why not do this?

I don't think we need another layer of bureaucracy regarding the server. we already have PvP rules that are strict as is. do we need to expand to include pirating too ? I don't think we honestly need to, so lets not start going that direction.

Traders/And using more computers - Igiss - 05-13-2006

Maybe we should set the higher limit of pirate demands? 1 million maximum, or 500 thousand? I've heard that many demand more than million. That's terrorism, not piracy...

Traders/And using more computers - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-13-2006

I have to go with Wolfpack on this now. This a Roleplay Server and if we are on
we have to take our chances with the rest of the players. Pirates or not ....

Hoodlum :)

Traders/And using more computers - marauder - 05-13-2006

Only time I've ever tried piracy was with damned and a couple of others, we never even got to disrupt the train it landed and sat there for awhile before logging off, we only asked for about 1.5 mil total (it was gonna be split between us).

Now, unless it's an RP event or they fire first I usually ignore other players, especially traders. It's easier to attack the NPCs and (before the player looting was activated) you couldn't loot players after you killed them.

Plus the excuses "I'm broke" or "I don't have that much" just doesn't wash when your level 50 and in a large train.

I know for a fact that if your completely broke, have no weapons and no cargo you'd be at about level 46 at most. If your at level 50+ then you've got at least 6 or 7 million credits on that character.

Would handing over 500 k to someone trying to stay in character as a pirate really hurt that much?

Just be thankful they aren't a terrorist character because:

no warnings,

no demands,

Just shooting at you until you blow up. Thats what the NPC terrorists do.

So from now on if a trader comes near [phantom]Bloodfrenzy expect to be fired on with no warnings or demands. I don't care if your neutral, freelance or part of a faction.

The phantoms are terrorists and hate everyone so every trader is a target, so this is gonna be your only warning,

STAY AWAY FROM BLOODFRENZY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR CARGO

Traders/And using more computers - Korrd - 05-13-2006

marauder,May 13 2006, 08:34 AM Wrote:So from now on if a trader comes near [phantom]Bloodfrenzy expect to be fired on with no warnings or demands. I don't care if your neutral, freelance or part of a faction.

The phantoms are terrorists and hate everyone so every trader is a target, so this is gonna be your only warning,

STAY AWAY FROM BLOODFRENZY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR CARGO
[snapback]20405[/snapback]
Same goes for blackbeard