Discovery Gaming Community
Announcing Before you attack... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Announcing Before you attack... (/showthread.php?tid=10141)

Pages: 1 2 3

Announcing Before you attack... - Ding - 07-07-2008

Well, I most certainly would let them know I'm about to obliterate them. It seems more fun that way...

Announcing Before you attack... - teschy - 07-07-2008

' Wrote:*humor*
I have had the same problem with the Corsair NPC's.
Maybe someone needs to inform them that its nice to say something first.

We're not so dumb as the NPC :crazy:

Announcing Before you attack... - daisythedutch - 07-10-2008

It's really annoying though as a freelancer or trader when you just get blown up without as much as a word. Has happened a few times with corsairs. Found out later that I got blown up because I managed to outrun one corsair a day earlier and he was just pee-ed off. I'd like to remind everyone that outrunning any pirate is a fair tactic. besides without traders what is there lef to do for pirates?

Announcing Before you attack... - Fletcher - 07-10-2008

' Wrote:It's really annoying though as a freelancer or trader when you just get blown up without as much as a word. Has happened a few times with corsairs. Found out later that I got blown up because I managed to outrun one corsair a day earlier and he was just pee-ed off. I'd like to remind everyone that outrunning any pirate is a fair tactic. besides without traders what is there lef to do for pirates?
Good post. Outrunning pirates is fair game, just as they would disrupt lanes to tax/kill us. Why not attempt to avoid it? Holding up a trade lane with a Pirate ID doesn't give you free and easy money. There are no shortcuts in life, only to death which many pirates have seen from my train's guns.

I outran two pirates the other day in Manchester, they chased me all the way to Stokes Mining Station, I managed to dock. They got so ticked off they tried torpedoing me while docking:laugh: Ah the fun.

Oh and welcome to Discovery DD_Daisythedutch, hope you have a good time here. If you need help with anything don't be afraid to PM me or anyone else around here.:yes:

Fletcher.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I always announce before engaging opponents. I usually say around 3-8 seconds before I engage. Just so I can get a fair fight.

Announcing Before you attack... - Cynic - 07-10-2008

(Almost) Always announce your intentions one way or another. If there's a big fight and my outcast is flying towards it to help, then they should be able to guess i'm coming as reenforcements and not taking an evening stroll.

One of the exceptions is when you backstabbing someone. But if it's at all possible, say that they're getting killed a split second before you do. Of course they never had a chance, but atleast you said why.

Announcing Before you attack... - Jihadjoe - 07-10-2008

Most of my characters being a talkative bunch will shout about how you're gunna die by their guns.

Infact when outnumbered about 4 to 1 in gamma recently I managed to type out that the corsairs would "die a peasants death"