Discovery Gaming Community
Independent characters... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Independent characters... (/showthread.php?tid=10221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Independent characters... - Akumabito - 07-10-2008

' Wrote:This needs only happen a few times before every indie in a BC is hugely mistrusted. We don't know you, and the last guy who looked like you ruined our day.

And how often does an indie have to get bomber whored by a bunch of faction members before he feels the same way? I'm sure I wasn't the first one, the factions have been whoring here a lot longer than any indie and it's the factions who promote whoring here.

For me, the most important thing in joining a faction is leadership I can respect.

Independent characters... - me_b_kevin - 07-10-2008

would i (Mon'Star) fall under the term "Independant"?

perhaps that's why everyone hates me so much? :(

Independent characters... - sovereign - 07-10-2008

' Wrote:would i (Mon'Star) fall under the term "Independant"?

perhaps that's why everyone hates me so much? :(

Au contraire, we all love you. In a very much battle razor kind of way, but still, our hearts warm when we see you.

:D

Independent characters... - Colonel Z.e.r.o. - 07-10-2008

' Wrote:This needs only happen a few times before every indie in a BC is hugely mistrusted. We don't know you, and the last guy who looked like you ruined our day.

I don't know why. But this really reminded me of racial tension in the U.S. I'm not saying anything about you. It's just the whole logic whether in game or in life that annoys the hell out of me.

As far as what Athenian said: I agree. Essentially what some people are saying is "well you have the same ID but you don't have the same tag"

Kinda like "Well they're fellow humans but they're white, and don't look like us so we have to treat them differently based on what they look like".

Again I'm not saying anything about people's Ideals, It just came to mind when I saw some of these posts.

Independent characters... - Dra1003 - 07-10-2008

..well im guessing as long as i have the right IFF ID and ship and just do my rp role every things peachy?

Independent characters... - Dra1003 - 07-11-2008

what restrictions might be brought apon me if i decide to do this other then capship limitations.

Independent characters... - Unseelie - 07-11-2008

RM wont like you if you try to be a rhienlander...

About the racial tensions...Its sad, but I'm not convinced in any way to change my ways. Could mean that I ruin my day, over and over.

Independent characters... - Dra1003 - 07-11-2008

' Wrote:RM wont like you if you try to be a rhienlander...
About the racial tensions...Its sad, but I'm not convinced in any way to change my ways. Could mean that I ruin my day, over and over.

i know about the whole NO independent military forces in reinland and im fine with that.

As far as i know it doesn't apply to all or most of the other factions.

I sure the LN and LPI allow indys..

Independent characters... - sovereign - 07-11-2008

RM allows indies who actually RP in fighters. The last time good indie capship roleplay came in an RM box was.... never, so that's a bit frowned on, but if you fly RM colors, know what you're doing, and act like a member of the Kriegsmarine, we'll group with you and treat you like one of us. In RP, you are one of us anyway, faction tag or not. So long as you act like it there are no issues. Such people are so rare in numbers, unfortunately, that we'll almost certainly encourage you to apply and likely applaud you constantly.

All other factions are pretty much the same, if you RP as part of the group then you are part of the group. Gets touchier in bigger ships, for example, Rheinland's Navy has a whopping total of 14 battleships if I recall correctly. You can't exactly just make one like you can fighters, the names are all well known, documented, etc... and they aren't handed out on a whim.

Good indies bring more warmth to most people's hearts than good faction tagged players- supply and demand kind of thing. Go for it.

That said, the factions have a wealth of information they know where to find- its a good idea to talk to them for background you should be familiar with.

Independent characters... - Zero755 - 07-11-2008

Basically it all comes down to how you RP, If your indie RP's well, like Gafwmn for example, the factions will leave you alone, and in many cases ask for your help.

If you ack like a twerp and bring shame to the faction's name then expect to be treated like a twerp.

if you are a decent RPer you shouldnt have to worry about disgracing the faction your indie represents because that would be OoRP. And on a different note, if someone is continually being a twit in their capship, or any ship, I see no problem with the faction they claim to represent PvP whoring them till they act right. This isnt a place for people to come and act dumb, its an RP server so RP.