Discovery Gaming Community
Best ID for trading? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Best ID for trading? (/showthread.php?tid=106686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Best ID for trading? - belarusich - 11-01-2013

Also many people seems to forget that ALG scrap trash, Planetform make dead planets "alive"...

And that if you want to make money, you need 5ker, not 3.6ker.

RE: Best ID for trading? - mike buster - 11-01-2013

belarusich Wrote:
Xori Wrote:I asked myself this question recently when setting up my new trader. I reviewed the current House laws and faction diplomacy and here's what I found:
Liberty factions have restrictions regarding Rheinland.
Rheinland factions are banned from Liberty.
Kusari factions are not welcome in Bretonia.
Gateway and Bowex dislike each other, and Bowex is not welcome in Kusari. Mining corporations are rivals with each other.
My criteria are access to all transport sizes, freedom to operate in all 4 Sirian Houses, and docking at all lawful bases.

So my answer is :
Planetform.
Access to 5k transports.
No factional rivalries that prevent using other lawful faction bases, and can access all four Sirian Houses.
It also has a unique back story, if you care about that.
It's also severely underused by players, so you can bring some variety to the game.
My second choice would be split between Synth Foods, Cryer, and OSC.

And Planetform too cant transport ores anywhere(if you so want to get money faster), only at Harris/*that-planet-in-Hudson*/some planets which they can set up for living too(sprague?)

RP is important.. rather than what you saying... "Money, Ore... etc" Tongue

RE: Best ID for trading? - mike buster - 11-01-2013

And belarusich The post named as best ID for Trading not for making Billion in a single day..
yes.. i can see you are giving your opinion. i won't say anything wrong in it...
Because i'm a gentleman who respects other opinion also Wink

RE: Best ID for trading? - HassLHoFF™ - 11-01-2013

The best ID for trading is still the AI ID + BWT, but requires a lot RP, because you can possibly go nearly everywhere and dock on nearly every base.

RE: Best ID for trading? - aakopa - 11-01-2013

ALG of course, they can go to every house.

RE: Best ID for trading? - Hone - 11-01-2013

ALG can go to every house, mine, AND fly 5ks?

Nerf ALG pls.

Bin Men Master Race.

RE: Best ID for trading? - Eugen - 11-01-2013

still freelacer with pirat train has the most freedom because of the fact that they are not care of the politics of the houses and there enemys (gallia seems bit of of that). And if someone asks why u fly a pirat train than u can argue that it is the most economic ship u can get (in fact it is) without special permission.

RE: Best ID for trading? - SummerMcLovin - 11-01-2013

Going by pure power-trading potential...

(11-01-2013, 04:36 PM)MiniStryke Wrote: ALG or Kishiro 'cause you can trade in Gallia as well. OSI are hostile to Rheinland but yanno, that's one house out of the whole damn sector so it really doesn't matter.
Kishiro cannot lawfully trade in Bretonia for the moment. Samura can (could, rather) only lawfully trade in Bretonia with basic supplies to Exiles bases, putting them roughly on par with ALG who have the same "four houses + restricted in the fifth". ALG get scrap mining which is good, and obviously IMG as an ally is awesome, but Samura's Platinum and He-3 mining is decent too.

(11-01-2013, 05:39 PM)belarusich Wrote: Um, faction which collects scrap should transport ores?
The IMG-ALG-Gateway trade partnership was made to mine, refine and then ship resources around Sirius, from what I know. ALG have plenty of business in some ores for sure.

(11-01-2013, 05:49 PM)mike buster Wrote: Since planetform is one of the allies of Gateway
Not particularly allied, nothing to the same level as BMM/Bowex or IMG/ALG/Gateway. Given that they pretty much only survive(d) from the Crown's funding, I'd actually put Planetform closer to the first group although they still work with both.

(11-01-2013, 05:43 PM)Xoria Wrote: Liberty factions have restrictions regarding Rheinland.
This had long went straight to banned as far as I know (by rephacks etc.) just the laws are extremely out of date. Other than that, Xoria's criteria are pretty good.

While rephacks don't necessarily block people from Gallia, if there are lawfuls around then they can shoot you since the laws have a whitelist rather than a blacklist. Again, this is rather out-dated but the IMG, Rheinland, Kusari, Cryer and the main Zoner groups have permission to trade there.

My personal vote would probably be Cryer or ALG. Whenever I get some actual RP done on the matter of Kusari-Bretonia trade rights (rather than random people asking for us), probably Kishiro.

(11-01-2013, 06:48 PM)Eugen Wrote: And if someone asks why u fly a pirat train than u can argue that it is the most economic ship u can get (in fact it is) without special permission.
And then the lawfuls considers that this is a stupid reason and continues to fine/shoot you.

RE: Best ID for trading? - Anomander - 11-01-2013

(11-01-2013, 06:15 PM)HassLHoFF Wrote: The best ID for trading is still the AI ID + BWT, but requires a lot RP, because you can possibly go nearly everywhere and dock on nearly every base.

Except the fact that AI do not have any interests in money
they are machines, brainless - computers - with dozens wires, chips and ram
but yet - that idea have some potential ^^

RE: Best ID for trading? - Scumbag - 11-01-2013

(11-01-2013, 05:43 PM)Xoria Wrote: So my answer is :
Planetform.
Access to 5k transports.
No factional rivalries that prevent using other lawful faction bases, and can access all four Sirian Houses.
It also has a unique back story, if you care about that.
It's also severely underused by players, so you can bring some variety to the game.
My second choice would be split between Synth Foods, Cryer, and OSC.

Ironic how the best IDs are so underused. I allways liked the lore around Planetform, i can't understand why people don't play them more.

I would also like to point out that the BHG has a trading wing: APM, with lore to go with it. We can move in all the houses and the Omicrons. Of course you will atract pirates like fat kids to cookies but that's the risks you have to take. I hope Lynth opened this thread to make APM more popular.