Discovery Gaming Community
Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier (/showthread.php?tid=107515)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 75th Flagship - Fenice D'Oro - SnakThree - 11-20-2013

(11-20-2013, 11:45 PM)Captain Irwin of the Lance Wrote:
(11-20-2013, 11:43 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
Quote:the hope would be for it to be unique to 75th for around 6 months to 1 year tops and then open to everyone after that time due to plans being shared and re-integrated back into Outcast tech.

My point was that the hope is not a likelihood.

New is always better. True story.

I don't see a problem of allowing temporary unique ship to players who made the effort to introduce it ingame in the first place.

RE: 75th Flagship - Fenice D'Oro - Echo 7-7 - 11-21-2013

(11-19-2013, 10:05 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: This isn't Star Wars: we don't have open hangar bays.

Several people are getting quite worked up over this. It may have been better to write "We shouldn't have open hangar bays", as I'm aware of the exceptions (which are bad). This ship should be compared to the majority, not to the few. It's not my fault that those exceptions exist, and I don't condone them, but neither am I in a position to do anything about those. I can, however, offer suggestions about ship designs before / when they are submitted.

(11-19-2013, 06:21 PM)Hidamari Wrote:
(11-19-2013, 10:05 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: This isn't Star Wars: we don't have open hangar bays. Also, I'm not sure why you'd have a hangar door right underneath the engines... seems dangerous and superfluous.

and.... so what? maybe you didnt see the zoner carrier with its huge gaping mouth at the front of the ship, clearly its not a problem to have a hole in the ship large enough to fit destroyer into in one of the most likely places it will be shot from. dont see anyone commenting on that.

Also, the ship and indeed all ships in freelancer have shields, so its not an open door so much as it looks. I had intended to add doors that were open anyway, (as switchback said) but ran out of time before bed last night.

ALSO who said the door at the back is a hangar door? couldnt possibly be the cargo hold.

From the visual continuity provided, it looked like it was a hangar door, since the cavity appeared to go all the way to the end of the ship.

(11-20-2013, 11:45 PM)Captain Irwin of the Lance Wrote: My point was that the hope is not a likelihood.

For the record, this isn't my call to make; I'm just offering feedback. Otherwise, it's actually a good ship relative to what you're trying to portray.

RE: 75th Flagship - Fenice D'Oro - Druen78 - 11-21-2013

For the record, the Renzu liner also has an open hangar bay under its engines Smile

But I still agree that the Fenice's hangar should be closed to avoid complications.

RE: 75th Flagship - Fenice D'Oro - Hidamari - 11-21-2013

(11-20-2013, 11:39 PM)Captain Irwin of the Lance Wrote: I doubt y'all are going to get a unique factionship, it just doesn't seem likely.

It'd be an interesting addition to the Outcast line if it got in, but I don't really see a role for it.

These two statements contradict one another, because the reason you dont see a use for it, is because its a unique vessel which fits 75th lore exactly.

this ship is exactly what we as a faction need.

in role play our ship has looked like this since it was introduced into the lore, while of course ingame it has to look like a storta, for almost a year since repairs on the ship were finished back in january/febuary time (it was left at Cartagena for 6 IRL months for repairs).

for years ive seen when people want something, they need to prove they can do the job without what it is they want. be that a terrorist ID, spec ops ID, a fancy light set up, a ship against their ID, different Guns. etc.

so its not like im saying we currently fly a storta and then its magically a carrier, our ship has always been a carrier since we started actually using it for its purpose Smile

due to it being unique in design it would have limited roles to fill, its not strong enough to fill a battlecruiser class, and would now not be fast enough to really do justice in a destroyer class. its use is to take a crew and their ships, and be able to provide everything they need to operate in deep space for long periods of time.

its size enables it to get to more places quickly without getting stuck or being detected as easily.

And I would want it to become public for everyone to use, because my belief is that the ship has proven its usefullness and so those higher than Claes in Outcast society would be very interested in the designs.
So it would end up in the hands of whoever the hell is incharge because i really dont have a clue anymore. which means it can be mass produced the same way all the other ships can.

RE: 75th Flagship - Fenice D'Oro - Pancakes - 11-22-2013

While I love the design and I really hope to see it in the game, I doubt that it would be made a unique ship, even if temporary.
It's for a simple reason that only people who have contributed a lot to the mod (in terms of models, dev work, etc) actually get them (at least its like that now), and adding one ship that would be right away unique... you see my vibe.
You have my finger crossed for you though, you've existed for a long long time and developed your RP, I quite think you've earned it.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - 75th Mosquitos - 12-21-2013

updated initial post with ship infocard, removed uniqueness also.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Govedo13 - 12-25-2013

I like the concept a lot, as it seems a lot of effort was put in the whole faction development, so giving it as unique ship should be ok. I cannot understand why the devs does not come up with statement and clear set of rules and guidelines about the unique ships either.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Hidamari - 12-05-2014

Been working on the UV's and editing the ship based on the RP we have done as a faction over the duration the ship has been in our possession.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Madotsuki - 12-05-2014

A Storta with some docking bays? Looks good, but don't have Outcasts too much caps?

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Sciamach - 12-05-2014

I like the idea of a light-carrier inRP, and believe me, I love the model.

The only issue I see is the obvious balance issue...
How does it fly compared to the Storta?
What are its gunmounts like?
How many docking mods can it fit?
All that aside, keep it up. I look forward to flying wing-to-wing with on'a these Big Grin