Discovery Gaming Community
About the useful features in the mod - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: About the useful features in the mod (/showthread.php?tid=112041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: About the useful features in the mod - Curios - 02-16-2014

So, and how good the results are? Problem is that witchhunting is usually hitting on normal folk more then to where it was supposed to hit. Was it worth it?

So, I have my acc banned, I lost a way to toss equip around that I used to use - what do you think I should do?

RE: About the useful features in the mod - Kazinsal - 02-16-2014

Petition the admins to unban your account and do what the other 99.9% of Discovery does and find a friend who can spare five minutes to help you transfer your equipment.

This brings up back to the topic: Was it an improvement from my, as a player, point of view? No, it wasn't. So was it worth it if regular players are getting more problems from it then from the original "some people are multiboxing" problem?

RE: About the useful features in the mod - Echo 7-7 - 02-16-2014

(02-16-2014, 01:24 PM)Curios Wrote: This brings up back to the topic: Was it an improvement from my, as a player, point of view? No, it wasn't. So was it worth it if regular players are getting more problems from it then from the original "some people are multiboxing" problem?

The current policy in place because the net result is reduced cheating by multiboxing. That was evidently prioritised over player convenience.

[Image: 13741330.jpg]

RE: About the useful features in the mod - chase.way - 02-16-2014

I wonder if the "Storage area" could be implemented on regular or POB base to solve this.

RE: About the useful features in the mod - aerelm - 02-16-2014

(02-16-2014, 12:43 PM)Curios Wrote: I wasn't abusing anything. So why I am, personally, banned?

Because you apparently didn't get the hint the first half a dozen times you got autokicked, and kept trying to log in, which is why you exceeded the autokick limit and got autobanned. If the anti-multibox hook was set to autoban on the first attempt, then a thread like this would've been a reasonable reaction, but under the current circumstances, you're over-reacting to say the least. Otherwise you would've linked me this on skype rather than this.

With auto being the keyword here though, and you being an intelligent person who - despite having an actual sense of judgement and situational awareness - just sat there trying to connect to the server over and over despite clearly seeing something's not right, I wonder who's actually to blame here. Just sayin.

To sum it up: You didn't get autobanned because of the anti-multibox hook. You got autobanned because of your own stubbornness, which isn't anything new, and your acc is unbanned now btw. You're welcome.

P.S: As for disabling the anti-multibox hook, yeah let's not.

(02-16-2014, 03:54 PM)aerelm Wrote: Because you apparently didn't get the hint the first half a dozen times you got autokicked, and kept trying to log in, which is why you exceeded the autokick limit and got autobanned. If the anti-multibox hook was set to autoban on the first attempt, then a thread like this would've been a reasonable reaction, but under the current circumstances, you're over-reacting to say the least.

I have laggy wifi which is working like in 1\3 cases and it's unclear either it's router tricks again or some wonderful addition to our server. Maybe it's because no one even bothered to announce it anywhere in the first place? This thread is not even about the poor realization of some functionality (or I'd make 100 more threads about things that were thrown into the game w\o proper understanding of what is going on). It's about that said functionality being completely obsolete in dealing with people who likes to cheat in order to get <XYZ>.

(02-16-2014, 03:54 PM)aerelm Wrote: Otherwise you would've linked me this on skype rather than this.

Again, this is not about banned accounts - it's about the function being, let's say, not really effective by striking not on actual multiboxers (or in fact on people who'd like to cheat in one way or another) but on the rest 99% of players who used it for tossing things around ingame banks.

So to 'sum it up' - I'm such a baaad person by rising questions about wasted time on implementing inefficient additions to the server. Of cause it's easier to go ballistic against people who're voicing their opinion here either on hunting for actual cheaters and multiboxers.

So again - when you don't use your brain to see how this or that would turn out in various situations it's always 'obvious'. Yea, it's fine. We got used to such rushed things already in form of POBs that were thrown into the game under 'what a wonderful feature' description and EVERYONE who was rising concerns back then, at very start, were ignored completely. Well, gg on that.

RE: About the useful features in the mod - Kazinsal - 02-16-2014

(02-16-2014, 04:16 PM)Curios Wrote: wasted time on implementing inefficient additions to the server.

From a technical standpoint it is incredibly efficient and it probably took less time to implement than the time it took for me to find the snippet of code itself.

In a perfect world people wouldn't make accusations about functionality and implementation of plugins and such and treating it as fact without knowing what they're talking about. Oh, how I wish this were a perfect world.

RE: About the useful features in the mod - Daedric - 02-19-2014

(02-16-2014, 10:53 PM)Kazinsal Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 04:16 PM)Curios Wrote: wasted time on implementing inefficient additions to the server.

From a technical standpoint it is incredibly efficient and it probably took less time to implement than the time it took for me to find the snippet of code itself.

In a perfect world people wouldn't make accusations about functionality and implementation of plugins and such and treating it as fact without knowing what they're talking about. Oh, how I wish this were a perfect world.

In a perfect world you wouldn't be treating another member of this community like a second rate citizen merely because you write Hooks for the community. I know Gheis and Cannon never acted in a manner anywhere near how I've seen you treating others on the forums. Just shows how far the community has fallen (that and the high number of ex admins and ex developers who LoL at what you and aerelm have done with the place).