Discovery Gaming Community
My concern...Is it really happening? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: My concern...Is it really happening? (/showthread.php?tid=113509)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - Mister_X - 03-21-2014

To be honest I don't like either option Sokol I just wish they would all leave us the hell alone.

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - Vexykin - 03-21-2014

(03-20-2014, 07:24 PM)Sokol Wrote: It's the same *****, mister x. Being under Brussels or Moscow. In either case the elite is happy and we get to walk knee deep in either blood or trash. Or both. But seriously, one needs to treat any minority well. We're all people. Bad and good. The percentage is spread equally over the world.

Do you really think we treat others differently? Definetly not , it is just to get another excuse to start war.
Estonian-russians are being treated equally with all others alltogether.

Life they have here has more life quality than in Russia.
Once they commence the barbaric act upon us, things would only get worse.

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - sindroms - 03-21-2014

And this is why we don't do political threads on this forum. Bunch of early-twenties talking about shait they don't know or understand about.

How the hell can we even know how a minority is treated, if we are not said minority.

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - HuggieSunrise - 03-21-2014

because were taught to beat our chests and barring that sharpen our tongues.

Few on this board have been effected by direct political and military violence. in this world there so much wrong and I can only hope those we love have the wisdom to GTFO of the way of marching feet.

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - Rodent - 03-21-2014

You should be fine for a couple of years, Russia won't make another move that quickly so soon after the Crimea situation. Not to mention you do have NATO protection, however fake that might be... it's still enough to give Russia pause.

Besides, It seems like Russia is only consolidating it's own economic and military interests for now, and is not looking to blind annex countries whole.

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - Scumbag - 03-21-2014

I think they are just looking for leverage points. Insinuating a bigger threat so that people forget about Crimea. My main concern now is that they will have to take more territory out of eastern Ukraine, the part that holds all the infrastructure for Crimea. That's where the hostilities can degenerate. I believe you have to worry as much as the rest of the EU countries do, we are all in this together, and unlike central Europe, we know what it's like to have the russian tanks on our streets.

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - Thyrzul - 03-21-2014

(03-20-2014, 04:04 PM)Sokol Wrote: I wouldn't want to be where Hungarians and Romanians are.

Npnp, our prime minister is already selling us out for Putin for some nuclear reactor blocks still unavailable for 20 years as it takes that long to build them. Who knows what else they will wish to ask for in exchange, besides cash...

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - Deriguz - 03-21-2014

"Invading" is out of question, first move is done by leaders of russian minority of Estionia. As seen many times troughout history usualy it's cryout for help and accusations of minority rights violations. That's what happened in Yugoslavian breakup war and Kosovo war (example of my country) similliar happened in Crimea. Than comes independence referendum poll followed with russian troops mobilising to territories with major russian population (occupation). Not necessarily start of a war but merely a "flag exchange" Estonia as country will continiue to exist but will have to give up territories with russian major population. Assuming if it ever comes to this. Conflict can happen depending of NATO and right wing organisations involment. General population will be passive observer and hopefully not involved in any kind of military conflicts. Personaly i think none of this will happen to Estonia.

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - Mister_X - 03-21-2014

(03-21-2014, 11:53 AM)Deriguz Wrote: That's what happened in Yugoslavian breakup war
You can't compare the breakup of Yugoslavia to this situation in the Crimea. It wasn't minorities in Yugoslavia who wanted independence, it was the people who lived in those countries. Unless you are saying Croatians are a minority in Croatia, Bosniaks in Bosnia, Slovenians in Slovenia etc.

RE: My concern...Is it really happening? - Coin - 03-22-2014

inb4 politics lock

also, Crimea River