Discovery Gaming Community
Reinstating the .85-.86 Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reinstating the .85-.86 Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport (/showthread.php?tid=114299)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Jinx - 04-11-2014

wasn t that clear? - in more detailed order

1) dev team ( with lead devs in front, minions and workslaves behind )
1.1) admins have a vote in terms of wiping up the tears. so when a decision is predicted to cause a lot of tears, the admins have a word, too. which probably includes the orange ppl, the mods up to a certain degree.

2) official factions, why? for the same reason they exist and are usually held to higher standards, cause they are an institution that cannot go completely anon. when they ask for stuff - they are held responsible for it, IF it is approved by the number 1 or 1.1

3) unofficial factions - same as official factions. they are easier to blame

4) well known members who don t change forum name too often and have a certain level of recognition - same reason as above

5) no name members with a clean record

6) flood addicts (does not necessarily refer to ppl posting a lot in flood, but rather to people with a habit to post floodlike crap elsewhere, too), trolls, banned ppl, members with a bad reputation in general

3-6 can be summed up as one group though in terms of hierachy. but if you want something, you ask the next higher authority

@theraxe : lol - no. i suggest a procedure that offers a greater successrate than creating a public thread. - but of coruse, if you do have skype buddies in key locations, you can usually skip that.

in the end - i couldn t care less how you approach your wishes or demands. - without getting "uppity" - it is entirely your choice lol.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Thexare - 04-11-2014

Ideas should be considered on their own merit, not based on who posts them. This cliquey "no, you don't matter, someone else should ask" crap is one of Disco's most persistent problems, and I'll have no part of supporting it.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Jinx - 04-11-2014

like i said - it is your choice.

what i wrote is a suggestion how your "ideas" get more recognition and are taken more serious. - does that mean that a good idea gets none when it is brought up in the wrong way? no - i did not say that

but does it mean that a good idea might have gotten more recognition when taken to the correct places? - who knows - maybe... you seem not to agree, good for you. be part of it or not, you are the only one who cares.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Zayne Carrick - 04-11-2014

So, basically if Agmen/Luke will post here agreeing with idea it can go further with much bigger chance?

Not like I care much, but AP transport will make sense.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Moberg - 04-11-2014

(04-11-2014, 09:33 AM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: So, basically if Agmen/Luke will post here agreeing with idea it can go further with much bigger chance?

Yes, if they agree on this, devs can talk about the conditions of implementation (stats, balance, background, etc) and can decide if they implement it or not.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Lythrilux - 04-11-2014

(04-11-2014, 09:33 AM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: So, basically if Agmen/Luke will post here agreeing with idea it can go further with much bigger chance?

You forgot Ed.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Scumbag - 04-11-2014

You forgot Stoat.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Zayne Carrick - 04-11-2014

In BHG, there're more guildmasters than hunters.

(all old factions suffer from this)

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - tothebonezone - 04-11-2014

Jinx never fails to amuse and amaze me all at the same time.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Kazinsal - 04-11-2014

Jinx, I'm going to be 100% completely honest with you.

If you are actually outright stating that long-time members and unofficial factions should have as much say in this game's development cycle as flood addicts and permabanned members, you should not be part of the development team. Period. That is a completely awful attitude to have and I'm honestly ashamed to be part of the same dev team as someone who holds such poor opinions of members of the community.

I used to respect you as a member of the community and a developer, Jinx.

Keywords being "used to".