Discovery Gaming Community
The Experiment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Experiment (/showthread.php?tid=1143)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Experiment - Kane - 06-26-2006

Mary paused. "Well, to be honest, we wern't after you specificly. Our job was to raid their pharmecutical database and advanced weapons projects. Rescuing you and your kin wasn't exactly in the plan. No offence intended."
Patrick put the cover back on after had had fixed all the wires. "Well, so much for the boost idea. Guess we didn't need it after all."
Mathews poked his head in. "All right, we're at Atka now. Let's go." The black ops members packed up what they had and started going for the exit.

Mathews stopped by the door. He looked around, and then at Ember. "Where's the pilot?"
She shrugged.
"Well, when you see him again, give him this." He handed over a credit card. "1 million credits on that. Should cover our passage and any damage done." With that they walked onto the station.

The Experiment - SilverDragon - 06-26-2006

Silver opened one blue eye and tilted his head up to look at Mary then opened the other eye and turned his head to look directly at her.

Silver: Oh, theres no offence taken i assure you, you set in motion the events needed for me and my kin to escape and you have our thanks for that. I dont have any form of payment to give you other than letting your superiors have a look at us if they would wish it.

Silver got to his feet aided by Nova and he thanked her for her support and continued leaning on her to keep his balance. At that moment Storm came up to the bridge.

Storm: Sir, we managed to get two of the assault armors out of the facility in there various components, they just dont have any weapons systems yet. A couple of the mechanics have put them together and we think you should be the first to try one.

Silver: Mmm, i think i will... Mary, you and yours are welcome to have a look too.

Silver, Nova and Storm proceded down to the cargo bay, at the far side two pitch black and yellow tiger striped armored units stood, the chest and legs were open, awaiting an ocupant they could close over. Silver was helped over to the nearest one that was taller than him by half his height. Its claws gleamed silver in the light, its wings were replaced by jumpjet style wings that were fully articulated. He got into the armor and punched in the startup sequence and the eyes flashed a deep blood red as a soft hum indicated the reactor was online, then the armor began to close over Silver. Sealed tight inside the unit Silver effectivly became the armor, his arms, legs and tail inside the units own moved just as freely as his own would, he moved around a little, noteing how light its movements were compaired to its size and weight.

Silver: Well well, isnt this just grand? its just like i was not wearing the armor at all.... but we will need to get more of these and arm them, our body armor is good, but i would prefer us doing combat while in these exo armors, i see directly from the armors eyes as i would see from my own, it must link to us as we enter it... amazing, and powerfull, yet also very agile.

Silver looked back, his head inside the armor's head as he crouched the wings came up and at the end where the exhaust of the jets were, came to life and the armor lifted from the deck.

Storm: Haveing fun in there? *smile*

Nova: Too bad we only managed to get two of the units out of there, i wonder if the data on them was with the data that Mary and the others got, perhaps theres data with it that shows any weapon systems intended for the exo armor?

Silver powered down the unit and got out, then turned and stared at the units.

Sevarith: Some of the others think they can improve on its agility even more with no impact on its protection, they also think they can upgrade the jumpjets with what tools they got from the facility.

Silver: Good, let them toy around with the equipment we have. They need a classification name you know... we cant just call them exo armor all the time.. any sugestions?

The Experiment - caylith - 06-29-2006

"What the hell is the meaning of this?" A rather pugdy and severe man asked Ember.
"The meaning of what?" Ember asked, her heart skipping a beat or two. Is he talking about the dragons or something else? She readied herself for his answer, hoping it wasn't what she had feared since they'd left New Tokyo and shaken the ships on their tail.
"The fact that this base is surrounded by a Kusari naval fleet! I don't know what they want with you and your, um, dragons, but we want nothing to do with it. Just go ahead, launch and deal with them on your own. You need to leave. Now!" he demanded.
The man walked away and left Ember standing there in a state of shock. How the hell did they find us? Did someone tell them where we were? If so, then who? All of these questions and dozens more were running through her mind. They'd need answering later, more pressing matters were at hand.

Ember caught up with Silver, "Silver, please do me a favor. Start to lead your kin back into the transpost. Get to a secure channel and see how far the Blood Dragons and GC ships have gone. Ask them to turn around and position themselves above Atka, far enough away to be out of radar range. We're going to need them to engage and distract the naval forces that are parked outside," Ember said as Silver began to give orders to the rest of the dragons. "I'm going to find romer. Where the hell is he?" She headed to the bar.

-

"Romer," Ember yelled in his ear. "Romer! Wake up! We have to go and we gotta go now. You need to sober up, man!" At this point, Ember began to have something close to a panic attack. They were stuck on a hostile base with even more hostiles outside. She had to get a load full of dragons and a drunk pilot out of here with a rather beat up transport. Oh crap! The train still hadn't been repaired!

Then Ember remembered, "Romer, Mathews gave me a little something to show his appreciation and to help cover the repair bill, you know, the bill you told the clerk i'd pay for." Ember held the credit card between two fingers.

At this, Romer perked up a bit, "Whass that? Ish that a credit card?"

"Of course it is, idiot. Get up off that stool before they take your train and drop it in a boneyard somewhere and throw us all in jail. Let's go!" Ember barked.

"Okay, okay...the credit card?" Romer asked with his hand out.

"I'll give it to you when we jump safely to Sigma 13. Now get you and your ship ready to go now!" She had already figured they could use the closest jump hole and hopefully lose the ships in the cloud. The gas pockets might deter them too.

The Experiment - SilverDragon - 06-30-2006

Silver turned as Ember called his name, he could see the situation was bad even before she began to tell him what the situation was, the eyes never lie.. He signaled a few of his dragons to him and they obediently ran to his side and saluted by raising one wing and placeing the oposite arm across there chest.

Silver: You three, spread the word, were moveing out immediatly, we have a situation, dismissed.

SD's: Aye sir!

As the dragons ran off and began to spread the word, other dragons swung there rifles from there backs to a ready position, the civilians and shop keepers who were already wary of such creatures they had never seen before began to scream and run for cover, or ran for the hanger. Good Silver thought as those ships launching would have to be chased down and searched by the Kusari outside. Silver turned to one of the Exo units.

Silver: Sargent, come with me, were going to the controll room.

Exo Alpha1: Aye sir!

As Silver and the assault armor unit made there way to the controll room they were stoped by guards that raised there rifles, in reaction the exo armor extended its claws that gleamed silver in the lighting of the corridor and steped forward, the guards immediatly fell back and let them through. When they reached the controll room Silver entered first.

Silver: You, where is your FTL comms array?

Station Commander: Wh... what?

Silver: I dont have time for this, YOUR COMMS ARRAY! WHERE IS IT! Answer or i let my friend here teach you why it is wrong to mess with a dragon that is in a bad mood.

The station commander looked from Silver to the exo armor and back to Silver again, as the armor unit took a step forward, once again unsheathing its claws. Silver looked down to the ground at the commanders feet where a pool stained the deck as the man pissed himself, Silver snorted and turned to the nearest technician who with one look from Silver showed him the FTL comms array console, Silver signald the exo armor to guard the door and he aproached the comms console.

Accessing comms array...
Access granted...
Secure link established to Dragons Silver 1...

Dragon leader, we need your assistance again, the Kusari have found us once more, if you would engage the Kusari taskforce long enough for our transport to make it out of the system via the sig 13 jumphole you will be well compensated by me personaly.

Transmition sent...
Incomming transmition...

This is Dragons Silver 1, we will return to the station and await your attack order beyond there sensor range, good luck... uh.... dragon. Dragons Silver 1 out.

Transmition end...
Shutting down comms system...

Silver ran to the door and both he and the exo armor returned to the main deck where his dragons had gathered and were heading for the transport. He turned as he heard shouting from the access corridors tot he other hangers and he and a few of his dragons raised there rifles and began to fire.. so, the Kusari were brave enough to engage his dragons in a troop to troop firefight, Silver ordered Nova and two of his dragons to make sure Ember and Romer made it to the transport safely.

Silver: Sniper, hit that panel on the right of the door, it should seal the lock!

The anti tank sniper took aim as the other dragons had pinned the Kusari troops on the other side of the blast door, he fired his weapon, the high calliber round blowing the panel clean off the wall and severely denting the bulkhead it was attached too, as the panel was destroyed the blast door slamed shut on the corridor sealing the Kusari troops in there landing bay.

Silver: Alright, well done, lets get the hell out of here, go go go!

All of the dragons ran to the hanger and most were already aboard as he ran up the cargo ramp, a few of them had taken up fireing positions at the top and bottom of the ramp awaitinng the arrival of Ember and there pilot. Silver just hoped the fighters caused enough of a distraction to the Kusari when he gave the word.

The Experiment - Reaver Company Inc. - 06-30-2006

(I'll be taking controll of the black op mercs now. Yes, they were working for SIN Tech. And, seing as how there is a SiN Tech lab on Atka, I suppose now would be a good time to intervine)

The Kusari Soldiers were determined to get back the experiments. Just about at any cost. And thus, the tried to find another way in. This way presented itself as a side passage into matinence tubes. They found there way, and the dock that the dragons were in was soon to fill with fire. But this took time... Time enough for another party to enter this frey.

The docking port close to the transport opened, and out came a unit of four Combat Suited people, along with some droids leading cargo movers. The lead looked up to see all the armed dragons.
"Hey!" His voice growled out from his helmets speakers. "Pack that stuff up! We don't need any firearms active out here!"
One of the dragons was about to protest, but his reply was cut off as the Kusari forces broke in through the matinence passage. "What the fu-" The SiN Tech soldier was also cut off as the fire-fight began once again in ernest. The SiN Tech men dropped to the ground at the first bolt. "D*mnit..." The leader swore. "Kusari Forces! You are out of your area of jurisdiction! This sector of station is under SiN Tech control! You will cease fire at once and leave this area!"
"No! Those creatures are Kusari property! You will surrender them at once!" The owner of that voice wasn't identified, but it was unmistakebly one of command.
The leader of the four SiN Tech looked over at the dragon closest to him. No-one could see what the man was thinking, the reflective visor of the Combat Suit prevented seeing his face. However the words he muttered after, while low, betrayed his intentions. "Like h*ll we will..."
Three of the SiN Tech soldiers poped up from their cover, and opened fire with lines of blue light on the invading Kusari forces. The fourth ran off to the wall and slaped a button on the wall.

Immediately alarms began to wail, and a computer voice sounded over the speakers. "Attention: Security Breach Level 1 detected in Dock 1. Security Drones activated." Two wall panels opened up, revealing some kind of cyborg looking creature. The upper chest and left side of the head were human. Everything else was robotic. The pair of drones stepped out from what appeared to be very cold recharging/storage units, and started spinning up the large gun on their right arms. When they spoke, it was with a dead-pan voice devoid of any and all emotion.
"General systems check compleat. Activating Multi-Barrel Rotary Cannon... Activating IFF Decoder... Receiving instructions... Targets confirmed... Kill order received... Terminating hostile targets..." The weapons roared, drowning out all other sound as the cannons spat 100mm explosive shells down-range. The drones used the other hand to steady the large recoil of the rotary cannons. Even with computer assisted targeting, servo-asisted control, and heavy weight to anchor the thing to the ground, it was highly innacurate. Of course, with the sheer volume of fire going out it didn't much matter.

After about 10 seconds of deafening gunfire, all that was heard was the tinkle of cannon shells and the slowly decreasing whine as the barrels began to rotate down to a stand-still.
"Scanning... No hostile targets detected... Returning to storage for rearming and preservation..." The drones moved off, back to the cold cabinets. Silver recognised the skin color of one. The expressionless eye, the pale yellow and semi-transparent looking skin... The human eliment on those drones was a corpse.

Outside the station, a wing of three Eagles launched from the base. Each one armed and ready for combat. A comm chanel was opened from the station.
"Attention Kusari Navel Forces! You are out of your jurisdiction! Your ground forces are dead, and if you do not leave this area immediately you will join them!"

The Experiment - caylith - 07-01-2006

Ember heard the commotion in the hanger bay long before they got there. She could only hope that Silver handled everything, though she knew he had and had probably done a little more.

They rounded the corner into the hanger into complete bedlam. There were dragons and suited soldiers keeping the Kusari troops at bay. The fire fight was intense and gave Ember and Romer a window to run toward the train and up the ramp.

--
"Go, go, go!" Ember yelled. "Close the hatch, we've got to get out of here." Ember positioned herself next to Romer and strapped in. Silver came up behind her to confirm everyone was inside and accounted for. He told her they had a little extra of help from SiN Tech and the Blood Dragons and GC were waiting for the word to attack. Thank god, Ember thought, we need all the help we can get.

"Good. Thank you Silver. Romer, how fast can we get out of here? The sooner the better, man"

"Don't know girl, calmyourshelf, we'll be fine," Romer said in his usual nonchalance way but it was even more amplified since he was drunk. "You're gonna haff to helph us to get away, i'm seeing two of everything right now." Romer whipped his head to stare at Ember. "Hold on, gotta set a course to the Sig 13 Jump hole. When I say go you push thish button and pull thish lever, mmkay?" Romer sat back, "Eshtimated time to launch: two minutes. Let's get thish puppy out of here." The engines began to turn.

"You better sober up and do it soon. Okay, radio the Blood Dragons. Tell them to begin the attack in one minute."

"Beginning lausching sequench," Romer began. "Nows I need your helph. Go!"

They launched into a hornets nest and the transport immediately began to shake as it was targeted by chimaeras. The space outside of Atka was alive with firepower. The Blood Dragons and Golden Chrysanthemums were dogfighting with the Kusari forces. Ember also saw a wing of eagles engaging the chimaeras. They must be the extra help Silver was talking about, she thought, thank goodness for them. Just a little distraction was all they needed.

There was only one thing on her mind at this moment; survival. The adrenaline had kicked in quite some time ago but now it went into overdrive. She engaged the cruise engines and hoped like hell she did it right. The cruise engines were beginning to come online as Romer began to manuever the train toward the jump hole. They had a distance of 10 k to cover to get to it.

Most of the Kusari fleet had turned their guns onto the transport as soon as it launched. By doing so, they left themselves completely vulnerable to the might of the Blood Dragons and GC. Four chimaeras were immediately taken out when they disengaged from the dogfighting to turn on the train. This caused only more confusion within the Kusari forces. They could not turn and engage the transport without taking damage from behind, just the distraction Ember had hoped for.

The comm channel crackled to life, "This is GC, Alpha 7, we've got your six." Just then the engines lurched forward and the chase began.

"I've got a little helph for ush up ahead," Romer blurted.

"What the devil are you talking about? We've got a whole wing of Chimaeras on our tail. Focus on flying this thing and getting us out of here!" Ember wanted to reach over and smack some sense into him.

"Jush wash," Romer was fiddling with the radio, "Corsairs, this is trader Beta 5 9, we've got a little surprise for you. Got a whole squashdron of chimaeras. Feel free to take your pick. Jush do me a favor, don't shoot the others."

"This is Corsairs, Green 7 to Beta 5 9, roger that! We've got you covered, Romer."

Ember shook her head in disbelief. She hadn't even thought of the corsairs that would be milling around the jump holes on both sides. If Romer hadn't thought to radio ahead...she didn't even want to think what would have happened. He couldn't talk while drunk but at least he could still think.

They came within sight of the jump hole, a swirling mass of light. Situated around it was a formation of 12 centurions and 3 titans.

"When I shay the word, hit thish, it will dock ush. Not gonna cut the cruishe engines."

The Corsairs broke formation and began targeting the chimaeras. The Blood Dragons and Golden Chrysanthemums must have been contacted by the Corsairs as they did not engage each other. It was a sight to see, it almost looked choreographed the way they were flying.

"Okay, hit it!" Romer yelled.

Ember pushed the docking sequence and they were sucked into the hole.

--
"Get ush back up to cruishe," Romer said.

On the other side were fifteen centurions waiting for any naval forces that may have broken through. They immediately headed into the Crow Nebula and into the gas clouds.

The comm channel crackled to life again, "This is GC, Alpha 7. Naval forces destroyed, we're breaking off and heading home."

"GC, Alpha 7, thanks for all your help back there. You will be paid handsomely for your help," Ember replied and shut down the channel. "Can we back off the cruise now? I need to go see if Silver is okay."

Ember unstrapped herself and made her way into the cargo hold. "Silver, we've shaken the navy off our tail. We should be in the clear now. Are you guys okay? Is there anything I can get for you?" Ember asked, just about the time the sensor alarm began flashing and making an awful racket. She could hear Romer yelling from the cockpit. Ember and Silver looked at each other and ran.

"What is it? Did the navy get through," Ember asked, out of breath with her hands on her knees. When she looked outside the window she began to lose it, "What the hell is that? I think i'm going to be sick." Ember fell to her knees.

Romer turned to them both. "That ish a cruiser and not jush any cruiser. That's a huegenot. What itsh doing out here is beyond me," Romer turned to look out again and started shaking his head. He turned back to say something but stopped. "Where'd he go?"

Ember looked around the whole of the cockpit. Silver was nowhere to be found.

Another alarm sounded: 'Warning. Cargo hold comprimised."

The Experiment - SilverDragon - 07-01-2006

Silver looked up as Ember aproached him "We have? good, aye, were all fine a few bumps, but we'll live" He smiled, but when the proximity alarm sounded he looked at Ember and they both ran to the bridge

As soon as they both reached the bridge they found it wasn't the Kusari taskforce that trigered the alarm, it was a cruser adrift. Immediatly silver turned and headed back into the cargo bay.

Silver looked around for Nova and signeled to her to procede into one of the exo's "Everyone get into the other hold, were going to open the doors".

As the his other kin made there way to the other hold he proceded to the remaining exo and powered it up.

Nova came to his side, her exo already powered up "Whats goin on sir?"

"There is a cruser adrift outside, were going over there to claim it" Silver smiled, atlast a ship of there own, but he was takeing no chances, ships did not just drift in space, hence the exo armor they were going in.

With his exo fully combat ready he turned and lifted two rifles, handing one to Nova, he then lifted some mining charges that were stowed in the hold and gave some to Nova also "Just incase we need to blow open some bulkheads".

Both of them now kited out, proceded to the airlock and depresurised the hold and poped the hatch, as soon as they did the alarm went out "Warning, Cargo hold one compromised" and theyjumped out. Useing there exo's thrusters they aligned themselfs with the cruser and ignited there jumpjets briefley, propeling them forward slowly towards the cruser.

Silver signald to Nova "There, thats our point of entry. Looks like some sort of hanger, lets take this easy, use short thruster bursts to match the crusers trajectory".

"Aye sir". Nova responded to Silvers command as she looked along the crusers length, it was a magnificent looking ship even though there was scoring all along one side, so it had been in an engagement recently. But where was its crew? were they all dead? and if so could whoever killed them still be here?...

They were aproaching the cruser now, breaking there forward speed with short bursts from there thrusters. As they entered the hanger bay they immediatly droped to the ground as they encountered the ships gravity field. Nova called up some readings on her heads up display "Sensors say theres air in here" she looked back at the entrance, there was no wall, no nothing to seperate the hanger from space, yet there was air in the hanger.

Silver confirmed the readings then motioned Nova to follow him "Lets go, stay sharp, i dont like this". They moved to the hatch at the far side of the bay, as they moved into the corridor they stoped. The lighting was practicaly non existant, he looked to Nova then both of them looked forward and activated there lights. What greeted them was not pritty, the deck and bulkheads were covered in bloody streak marks and there were limbs scattered around like a bomb had been detonated in the corridor.

They both moved forward slowly, watching for any movement. They soon came to a computer console imbeded on the bulkhead, Silver taped it and it came to life then waited a few moments while his onboard AI synked to the ships systems. "Warning, multiple intruders detected, unknown bio signitures, level 1 lockdown in operation. Warning, multiple blast door breaches... Command deck, crew quarters, engineering. Warning main power offline, reactor restart required".

"Hey theres a log file here.. Audio only" Silver accessed the file and initiated playback..

"This is sargent Tomalov, our ship engaged a hostile alien craft, but were quickly overpowered.... they boarded our ship and started to hhunt us down one by one. Theres only a handfull of us left -"Sir, here they come ag. ahhhhhh!"- oh hell *blaster fire* no! ahhhghh......"

Nova and Silver looked at each other "lets get to the command deck, the computer reads that all but weapons, shields and engines are functional". They both turned as they heard a crash from behind followed by a dull thud. A six limed creature half again there height had smashed through a bast door and was picking itsself up from the floor, as soon as it did it began to charge Silver and Nova who instantly raised there rifles and began fireing. The creature staggered back but wanst falling, Silver stowed his rifle and armed his anti tank rifle, he fired from the hip as he didnt have time to aim properly as the creature charged. As the shot hit, it blew open the creatures chest and it flew back 30 feet and crashed into the bulkhead at the end of the corridor. They began to run when they seen more of the creatures appear from the breached blast door, a few of which stoped to feast on there recently fallen comrade.

They finaly reached the bridge after doubleing back to loose the creatures, they apparently were not verry bright, but made up for it with there sheer mass. Silver accessed the internal security system of the ship, specificaly bridge survalance, there were two creatures in the bridge, and a whole lot of mess that used to be the command crew. Now would be a good time to test the exo's melee combat potential, Nova and Silver burst in through the double blastdoors, Nova leaping on one creature and nocking it flat with the aid of her jumpjets. Silver howerver was charged by the other creature who nocked him onto his back even while he was useing teh jets to propell himself at it, the things were powerfull, it had him pinned by his arms, and ws attempting to eat its way through the his armor, but its teeth just scratched at his chestplate. He got his tail free and useing its blades impailed the creature, as it rose up briefly screaching he ramed his feet into its chest and raked downwards gutting the creature, its green blood staining his armor.

"Well, that was fun" Silver said while rising to his feet.

Nova shouted Silver to her "This is showing most of the creatures in the crew quarters, the rest are in engineering.

Silver laughed "Good, that makes it all the easyer for us. Seal off those sections and depressurise them, that should deal with our infestation problem".

As life support was turned off from those sections the creatures began to panic and tried to escape, but they soon began to fall one by one due to the lack of air. The security monitors showed the creatures all on the floor motionless. as the last creature died he asked the ship computer for a bioscan. "Warning, multiple bio signatures detected. No alien lifesigns detected. Standing down level one lockdown"

Silver moved to another console, the readout was of the engineering section, now that the infestation was taken care of, the reactor could be remotely restarted. He had his AI start up the reactor and the lights came back on as main power was restored. "Warning, vessel detected starbord, 600 meters" As the computer gave this reading, the main screens came alive, on the starbord screen was indeed a ship, Romer's transport.

Silver turned to Nova "You know, we need a name for this ship now that its ours..."

Nova chuckled to herself "Aye, that it does... how about...... Dragon's Fury?"

Silver laughed "Yea, Dragon's Fury, i like that, a fitting name for a ship belonging to us dragons" He accessed the comms system and opened a channel to the transport "This is the IDAF Dragon's Fury to transport beta 5 9, i believe you have thirty dragons that need a new home" He looked at Nova and they both began to laugh happily... The dragons had a home now to call there own.

The Experiment - romer - 07-04-2006

"IDAF Dragon's Fury, this is transport beta 5 9, well done then." Maybe it was the hectic battle scene around the jumphole or the tense waiting as Silver and Nova searched the drifting Hugenot. Somehow romer found his thoughts becoming clearer as the effects of his speed-drinking binge at Atka wore off. He began to manuever the train alongside the Hugenot.

"Dragon's Fury, that huggy has a docking port. Prepare to receive." At this romer brought the train into docking range waiting for the hatch lights to fire up. Once the lights came to life he fired the port side thrusters until the two ships' docking hatches made contact. romer's train settled against the much larger Hugenot with a soft thud. "Contact, equalizing pressure....and...docking complete. Welcome home dragons."

While the rest of Silver's kin happily boarded their new home, romer took a while to collect his thought. Well now, that's done. I'll just head back to New York, hit the bar....Oh man I hope I don't have to fly back to NY with this stone cold bi....

"What now romer?' Ember asked, interrupting his still groggy mind, seeming way more docile than usual.

Oh great.....

The Experiment - SilverDragon - 07-13-2006

Silver stood on the bridge of the Huegenot smileing at aquireing there new home, and he went over the past few years in his head, it was just by luck that they got free of the Kusari, undoubtably they would be attacked on sight by Kusari forces, whoever was controlling the facility must surely have thought up some story about Silver and his kin as being mosters to be killed on sight. There were those who he had made allies with, Romer, Ember and the SinTech Mercs.

Silver Turned as one of his dragons aproached "Sir, we found the hold full of equipment, we went over it all and this is the report" he handed the data pad to silver and stood with his paws behind his back.

Silver raised an eye-ridge at the inventory and looked up at his kinsman "Container Alpha 45-2, have it transfered to Romers transport".

The dragon crossed a paw over his chest in salute "Aye Sir!" then went to have the container transfered.

Silver looked over the bridge again "Nova, whats the ships status?"

"Well, the hull is damaged and will have to be repaired in a dock somewhere, the AI is shot, the weapons are mostly intact and the shield generator is only functioning at one quarter power. Shes seen plenty of action, also has a custom weapons loadout with some weapons i havent seen before." She smiled at silver

Silver returned the smile warmly "Well, our hold is full of spares, all we need is a dock. I noted the presence of a few unknown weapons in the hold manifest, along with quite a number of creditcards, i had a crate shiped over to Romer for his and Ember's help, which reminds me" Silver taped on the comms console "IDAF - Dragon's Fury to Transport Beta 5 - 9, prepare to recieve cargo, thanks for your help, we will be heading to Atka base for repairs, drinks are on me, Dragon's Fury out" Silver looked up at Nova and smirked "i know Romer cant refuse a drink, esecialy if he aint buying"

"Storm to Bridge, we gathered up the remains of the creatures, i took the liberty of keeping a few of the intact corpses and we vaporised the rest, perhaps those SinTech lot will want em?"

"Silver to Storm, good thinking, maybe they will take them as payment to use there influence to persuade the station commander to allow us access to a dock to initiate repairs"

With everything said and done, the ship disengaged its docking clamps from the transport and headed to the system jumphole at full impulse.

The Experiment - Reaver Company Inc. - 07-14-2006

"Bodies?" The tech at Atka controll looked puzzled.
"What kind of bodies?"

The voice over the comm spoke. "Alien."

The tech's eyes widened. "Really now? Hmm... Why don't you link at Moor Point 2. That's the reserved SiN Tech point. I'm sure they'll be interested." He looked up at the SiN Tech guard, who was already turning on his own comm to the lab a few floors below.
"Very interested indeed."

The dock was, as it appeared the first time Silver and the other members of his brood were here, empty. A few crates littered the ground, a lifter sat by the wall, but any traces of violence, and there were plenty after that little massacure, had dissapeared.

"These guys sure do clean up fast..." Murmered one of the dragons. Another door opened, and out trooped 4 guards and two scientist looking people. The scientists rushed over to examine the crates where the bodies were kept on ice, to prevent decay.
"Minimal damage... Iced before they could rot... Definatly alien... Yes..." The two murmured amongst themselfs for a bit, then turned to Silver.
"I suppose you arn't going to just give these up. So, what can SiN Tech offer that you would take for these specimens?"