Discovery Gaming Community
Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers (/showthread.php?tid=114583)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - tothebonezone - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 04:30 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: edit: Also I'd like to point out via this graph that the server has spent more time up than down this past week.

The server has been up, but inaccessible or completely unplayable that entire time.

Did you miss when we had 4 billion players logged in all at once?

Yeah.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Stoner_Steve - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 04:34 PM)Saronsen Wrote:
(04-17-2014, 04:30 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: edit: Also I'd like to point out via this graph that the server has spent more time up than down this past week.

The server has been up, but inaccessible or completely unplayable that entire time.

Yeah.

So what about the other 80+ bases that somehow are fully supplied and not taking damage?

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - SnakThree - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 04:37 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote:
(04-17-2014, 04:34 PM)Saronsen Wrote:

Yeah.

So what about the other 80+ bases that somehow are fully supplied and not taking damage?

There are only 75 bases left. Try again.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - tothebonezone - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 04:37 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: So what about the other 80+ bases that somehow are fully supplied and not taking damage?

As the supplier of one of those bases--

Lots and lots of annoying as tits tedium trying to get from one station, to the PoB.

It's absolutely maddening waiting 10 minutes at a jump hole for the server to either kick me, or catch up and jump me.

It's doable, but it's bloody irritating.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Stoner_Steve - 04-17-2014

Why do I need to try again, they all appear fully supplied and undamaged.

edit: Keep in mind I'm not arguing that base damage should or shouldn't be turned off. I'm arguing that we don't need to do a rollback because a few bases go down that really weren't cared for properly to begin with.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - SnakThree - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 04:38 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Why do I need to try again, they all appear fully supplied and undamaged.

Cool. So people who prestocked stations are alright, while players who restock them on daily basis, are left with a headache like Saronsen mentioned.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Connor - 04-17-2014

I think that somebody said somewhere that the base damage was being turned off? Don't know if that happened though.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - St.Denis - 04-17-2014

Approx 14 Bases have disappeared in the last week or so.

There were 77 Bases (if my memory serves me correctly) 10 hours ago. In those 10 hours another 2 Bases have disappeared. The disappearance of these Bases cannot all be accredited to wear and tear damage. The time for Bases, especially Core 4 Bases, to degrade through wear and tear is quite a while.

Unless the Admins have increased the W&T quite dramatically then there is no way these would have just disappeared that quickly. From what I can tell Core 4 bases that appear very healthy on 100% health seems to vanish a few hours later.

Is there a group taking advantage of this disruption and then logging Capital Ships and quickly getting rid of them? CGS HQ disappeared very quickly and unless the Owners dismantled it themselves it appears very strange as the population of New London at the time was minimal.

It would be nice if an Admin could belay our fears if everything is above board with the loses of these Bases.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Lythrilux - 04-17-2014

Whilst I do believe damage should be turned off, as people have put effort into their PoBs, I'm interested to see what a decrease in the number of PoBs does for the servers stability.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Asbestos - 04-17-2014

It cannot be stressed enough that base wear & tear damage and FOW consumption needs to be turned off while the server is behaving poorly and only being online irregularly.