Discovery Gaming Community
Dear Disco - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Dear Disco (/showthread.php?tid=115028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Dear Disco - Savas - 05-03-2014

(05-03-2014, 05:17 PM)"Crossbow Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 05:14 PM)Hawk Wrote: I think the next person who criticizes a dev should be made to produce something better than they have or be permabanned.

That's stupid

Seconded

----

Anyways, peace Reid, it's been a ton of fun playing with you these past few months, especially with VR - good luck on your future endeavors and stay in touch.

RE: Dear Disco - Mephistoles - 05-03-2014

I don't know what's going on here, but I like Polandball avatars.

RE: Dear Disco - Omi - 05-03-2014

reid, as always, switching rapidly back and forth between things i totally agree with and things that make him look like a colossal idiot

5/10 would read again

(05-03-2014, 05:14 PM)Hawk Wrote: I think the next person who criticizes a dev should be made to produce something better than they have or be permabanned.

i don't have to be able to cook amazing food myself to be able to tell a chef in a restaurant that his food sucks (((:

sorru

haven't you got petty sanctions to be processing anyway

i think i saw someone use PG-13 language the other minute there

RE: Dear Disco - Haste - 05-03-2014

(05-03-2014, 06:15 PM)Omicega Wrote: chef

I like analogies.

So we've got a chef in a restaurant. He just took over from a decent chef who accepted a job offer at a michelin starred restaurant.

Slowly but surely, the new chef adapts the menu to his own tastes and abilities. Fewer and fewer people end up coming to his restaurant. Instead of wondering if his new menu might be the culprit, the chef points at a few recently opened nearby restaurants. They're taking away his customers.

After a while, only a few regulars still dine at our chef's restaurant. Every once in a while, a guest angrily leaves the restaurant without paying, claiming the food was so awful they simply didn't want to ever dine at that restaurant again.

The few restaurant regulars left always approach these people when something like this happens. They tell them to head over to the chef, and give him advice to help him improve the menu. Of course, most of the disappointed customers simply say "No thank you". After all, they'd rather spend their time dining at other, better restaurants.

Then there's the few who actually decide to approach the chef. But whenever they do, they're told that they don't know anything about food, and that the menu is fine as-is and that the chef simply doesn't have the time to prepare different, possibly better dishes.

Well, that was a waste of time, and I don't know why I wrote it.

Also, bye Reid.

RE: Dear Disco - Hawk - 05-03-2014

That's nice. Now imagine a restaurant that has no money to pay a chef. He just works for free. Everyone complains about the food, but the chef is the only one willing to spend his day standing over a hot stove for nothing. Everyone wants to tell the chef how to do it better, but no one else is willing to be a part of that.

RE: Dear Disco - "Crossbow" - 05-03-2014

(05-03-2014, 06:34 PM)Hawk Wrote: That's nice. Now imagine a restaurant that has no money to pay a chef. He just works for free. Everyone complains about the food, but the chef is the only one willing to spend his day standing over a hot stove for nothing. Everyone wants to tell the chef how to do it better, but no one else is willing to be a part of that.

But then people offer the chef money for better food. Instead the chef ignores said people and continues doing what he was doing in the first place

RE: Dear Disco - Rodent - 05-03-2014

So the works of Aristotle, Picasso and Mozart shall never stand up to scrutiny.

Interesting logic, just sayin'.

RE: Dear Disco - Flashâ„¢ - 05-03-2014

Reeeiiiiiidddd <33333 Will miss you Smile

RE: Dear Disco - Kazinsal - 05-03-2014

* Kazinsal points to his sig

EDIT: Lemme clarify. Discovery was good work -- for 2009. It's not 2009 anymore, but Discovery still thinks it is. Everything being pumped out for Discovery is still set up as if it were 2009. So it's kinda toss at this point. Why else would everyone be leaving, mm?

RE: Dear Disco - Omi - 05-03-2014

(05-03-2014, 08:17 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: [Image: Kazinsal.png]

seriously, i think disco sucks as much as you do, kaz, but this has got to be one of the gayest things i've ever seen ever on these forums

ever