Discovery Gaming Community
A radical idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A radical idea (/showthread.php?tid=115269)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: A radical idea - Divine - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 10:45 PM)Narcotic Wrote: ...
It's more fun to sit and wait with 10 plus people. Like most old veteran Outcast players spend half their online time with.
If that's all what you wish your time online to be. Hey I said it already, nobody is stopping anyone from doing so.

RE: A radical idea - WesternPeregrine - 05-10-2014

Alpha and Gamma are not empty. They have Outcasts and Corsair players frequently. They are empty in regards of the enemy pilots, Outcasts not showing up in Gamma, and Corsairs not showing up in Alpha.

It's true that the easy setting of having one of the groups sitting at home while the other dispatched a raid to opposite group is not feasible nowdays, and the players have not adapted to the alternatives.

The OC/Corsair conflict should have moved to the Omicron Eta and the Sigma-13 front lines. If both group want to depart from their core systems every time they want to fight each other, thats their (time consuming) choice.

RE: A radical idea - Gaz83 - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 10:54 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Alpha and Gamma are not empty. They have Outcasts and Corsair players frequently. They are empty in regards of the enemy pilots, Outcasts not showing up in Gamma, and Corsairs not showing up in Alpha.

Really? Because I haven't encountered anyone, including Outcasts for weeks now in Alpha.

RE: A radical idea - Divine - 05-10-2014

You want someone in Alpha? Here's a solution: Create a character, play an NPC and fly around Alpha on patrol. Sounds legit? Bc it is.

RE: A radical idea - Gaz83 - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 11:02 PM)Divine Wrote: You want someone in Alpha? Here's a solution: Create a character, play an NPC and fly around Alpha on patrol. Sounds legit? Bc it is.

Yeah, let's fly around Alpha on my own, that sounds "freaking" (lol) great. /sarcasm.

RE: A radical idea - St.Denis - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 09:42 PM)Lucky Luke Wrote: And POB's take too much time and effort away from the things that most people play FL for.

So now you have become the spokeperson for everybody that plays FL?

Nobody forces people to deploy and supply POBs. They do it from choice. If people want to spend their time building these, then they should be allowed.

If people don't want to get involved with them then that is also their choice.

That is one of the best attractions to this Game is that people can chose to do/be whatever they want within the parameters and rules of the Game. What does put other people off, is others telling them that they can't do things because they don't agree with it.

RE: A radical idea - Panzer - 05-10-2014

needs shrinkage, that much is for sure

And just returning to .85 won't cut it since all the issues we are having now are rooted right then and there - guard systems, prototype buffers, promise of gallia.

To me, best bet would be grabbing vanilla, making every ship and piece of equipment balanced for multiplayer, nstituting modern Flhook along with mining and finally dosystemwork in the SP-campaign omicrons in such a way that the order and nomads had their playspace too.

After that - any adjustemnts ot the lore as sensible.

RE: A radical idea - Lucky Luke - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 11:36 PM)St.Denis Wrote: So now you have become the spokeperson for everybody that plays FL?
I'm not speaking for those who play FL. But I do think that I speak for many of those who DON'T play FL anymore. And that's really the issue here. Those who left.

RE: A radical idea - Zen_Mechanics - 05-11-2014

just shrink systems that are likely to be used in combat, or rather - systems that connect.

RE: A radical idea - Highland Laddie - 05-11-2014

Using POBs as a scapegoat...nothing new or radical about that.

People that wanna play the game will play the game. That goes for new guys and even for a bunch of older players coming back.

There's no magical cure-all to "fix" the server (assuming you think it's broken simply because it doesn't have 200 players online all throughout the day).

There's plenty of room for playing and making suggestions about how to improve things. The problem comes when folks act like spoiled children, get mad when they don't get what they want, and then leave. There's no cure for that aside from reversing time and making their parents discipline them more.