Discovery Gaming Community
The thing about destroying PoBs ... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The thing about destroying PoBs ... (/showthread.php?tid=117548)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The thing about destroying PoBs ... - Flinx - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 12:23 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: A few questions: does the Liberty Navy have a registration requirement for PoBs in Hudson? Did you investigate any of this beforehand?

@OP - simple answer - life is cheap to people in power, and even more so in a video game.

It does and I did, and that is not the Point.
The second fits better.

But as I said, that is not the Point.

(07-07-2014, 01:16 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: So yeah....you weren't required to RP your base's construction....and neither did the LN ship who blew it up have to RP its destruction.... and yet now you're complaining that it got destroyed?

It's quite simple: register your base before you build it, or get some kind of inRP permission to do so (although you are not OORP required to) so that LN won't attack your base. Otherwise, LN has every RP right to exercise authority in their ZOI. Sure....Hudson might not be Liberty House space, but that doesn't mean LN is powerless there, either.

Quote: In RP and technically , you need crew on a base. So that given, a Liberty capital marches in and destroys a base, "killing" all on board , outside of Liberty space. Not to mention if you take the purpose of that given base into consideration, it was full of civilians ....

Well, you specifically mentioned that Core 1 PoBs don't technically exist inRP...so I don't see how there is any crisis of conscious.

Space is dangerous....and especially so if a group of unknowns just started building building a space station on their doorstep. I would expect that, had you communicated your intentions to the LN beforehand, this probably would have been avoided.

And again : Im not complaining. Anymore.
Space is dangerous, and this is a Game.
I would have been pleased and amused if anybody would have questioned me to the Base. I was prepared to bribe, to beg... to pay License. And I WANTED to pay license.

Nope. Not wanted, and no RP needed to shoot.

Laddie :
Even if all of LN stood applauding at my Doorstep, somebody else would shoot BECAUSE they stand there.
And again : Im not complaining ?!

It is Part of Disco.
It is the Community.
Some shoot, some trade, some build.
Some come together to shoot... and so on.

But : PLEASE : Do not tell me that its not wrong because nobody broke a rule.
THAT is the Point.

Oh, by the way : I got my License, and I hope to get a lawful Corp to build it precisely BECAUSE of RP.
Even if it would probably be faster if I asked Junker Congress. But : Texas is Liberty Space, so I ask Liberty Corp.

And ... I do not think that the Rheinland or Corsair or Whatchamacallum Dreadnought that takes the next shot at the Haven will do so because of RP.

But because of a simple fact : Its hard to build and easy to destroy.

Everybody chose. I chose my side long ago,
and it has nothing to do with flags or TAGs or IFF.

RE: The thing about destroying PoBs ... - Highland Laddie - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 01:37 PM)Flinx Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 12:23 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: A few questions: does the Liberty Navy have a registration requirement for PoBs in Hudson? Did you investigate any of this beforehand?

@OP - simple answer - life is cheap to people in power, and even more so in a video game.

It does and I did, and that is not the Point.
The second fits better.

But as I said, that is not the Point.

(07-07-2014, 01:16 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: So yeah....you weren't required to RP your base's construction....and neither did the LN ship who blew it up have to RP its destruction.... and yet now you're complaining that it got destroyed?

It's quite simple: register your base before you build it, or get some kind of inRP permission to do so (although you are not OORP required to) so that LN won't attack your base. Otherwise, LN has every RP right to exercise authority in their ZOI. Sure....Hudson might not be Liberty House space, but that doesn't mean LN is powerless there, either.

Quote: In RP and technically , you need crew on a base. So that given, a Liberty capital marches in and destroys a base, "killing" all on board , outside of Liberty space. Not to mention if you take the purpose of that given base into consideration, it was full of civilians ....

Well, you specifically mentioned that Core 1 PoBs don't technically exist inRP...so I don't see how there is any crisis of conscious.

Space is dangerous....and especially so if a group of unknowns just started building building a space station on their doorstep. I would expect that, had you communicated your intentions to the LN beforehand, this probably would have been avoided.

And again : Im not complaining. Anymore.
Space is dangerous, and this is a Game.
I would have been pleased and amused if anybody would have questioned me to the Base. I was prepared to bribe, to beg... to pay License. And I WANTED to pay license.

Nope. Not wanted, and no RP needed to shoot.

Laddie :
Even if all of LN stood applauding at my Doorstep, somebody else would shoot BECAUSE they stand there.
And again : Im not complaining ?!

It is Part of Disco.
It is the Community.
Some shoot, some trade, some build.
Some come together to shoot... and so on.

But : PLEASE : Do not tell me that its not wrong because nobody broke a rule.
THAT is the Point.

Oh, by the way : I got my License, and I hope to get a lawful Corp to build it precisely BECAUSE of RP.
Even if it would probably be faster if I asked Junker Congress. But : Texas is Liberty Space, so I ask Liberty Corp.

And ... I do not think that the Rheinland or Corsair or Whatchamacallum Dreadnought that takes the next shot at the Haven will do so because of RP.

But because of a simple fact : Its hard to build and easy to destroy.

Everybody chose. I chose my side long ago,
and it has nothing to do with flags or TAGs or IFF.

Hi Flinx!

I wasn't saying you were complaining....I was addressing the OP on that mark (unless that is also you). And maybe it wasn't an outright complaint really...but the very nature of this thread is a kind of complaint, if we're being honest here. Threads like this don't happen unless something happens that someone thinks is wrong.

in REAL REALITY....no...a military ship doesn't randomly roll up on a group of civilians and start opening fire on them. That's why rules of engagement and laws of warfare exist.

However, as pointed out already, this is a game...and in the case of Core 1 PoBs, the Rules of Engagement are more or less "anywhere, anytime." So, this kind of creates an unwritten requirement for RP if a group wants to successfully operation a PoB within a prime location near lawful (or unlawful) space.

So...was the LN justified and within his rights to destroy your PoB? Sure. Was it in bad RP and taste? Sure. But you'll find that this server is loaded with such folk...and such is life. Just gotta make the best of it.

Feel free to contact Gateway Shipping if you need goods delivered. Wink

Peace.

RE: The thing about destroying PoBs ... - Fortinbras - 07-07-2014

Will do ;-)