Discovery Gaming Community
Gulryz's Graphic Preview - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Gulryz's Graphic Preview (/showthread.php?tid=119982)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - King Owl - 03-19-2015

Yo Pro, dude chill man and i am on the same point as luke, you are asking to much from a guy which is learning and figuring out the world which you and others have already mastred it. Now you are asking the quality perfection from a guy, not even a guy a kid of 14-15 that you don't know how his workspace looks like( hence you remark on your 1080p monitor). So well instead of being for some quality rant maybe come when you find this pleasing for youself.
And you are the one which does rant about kinda the same style sigature when all you concept is to revolve around tons of effects and a face facing render with some shade in it. Oh and the titles are sublime, neither to say your originality is over the top..Want me to go on with your price(500Mil for a new style)while the new style is basicly what you have been doing for the time till then but some other effects that sligtly modify then end look, when your premesis is the same of all your work..
So before ranting with no future real advice i will recomand a sandwich

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Corile - 03-19-2015

Quote:you are asking to much from a guy which is learning and figuring out the world which you and others have already mastred it
I'm not asking anything from anyone. I've just said which ones from his gallery I like and which ones I don't. So, in other words, which ones turned out to be good in my opinion, and which styles he should drop. Most of it just boils down to some absolutely basic stuff in signature making. There is also the matter of keeping your older and worse looking stuff in your gallery, which I again personally don't like but I see how some people might want to do that.

I don't like doing this as I don't like to appear as an authority in anything, but I wrote a tutorial on the subject some time ago that has apparently received positive acclaim.

Quote:Now you are asking the quality perfection from a guy, not even a guy a kid of 14-15 that you don't know how his workspace looks like( hence you remark on your 1080p monitor).
I'm 16 myself, so I don't see what age has to do with anything really. I also don't understand your point about workspace, from my experience in static graphics that's very much irrelevant.

Quote:And you are the one which does rant about kinda the same style sigature when all you concept is to revolve around tons of effects and a face facing render with some shade in it. Oh and the titles are sublime, neither to say your originality is over the top. Want me to go on with your price(500Mil for a new style)while the new style is basicly what you have been doing for the time till then but some other effects that sligtly modify then end look, when your premesis is the same of all your work..
Please point me to where I ranted about same style signatures. And if by "titles" you mean the text in my signatures, fun fact, they've all been made for Music Speedart which you can find by following the link in my signature. Also, I haven't asked for more than 200 mil for a signature for a loooong time now. Then you can probably understand why they're like that. But that's switching the topic, so let's get back on the rails.

Also I've just had a sandwich, it was delicious.

I'll also refrain from posting anymore in this thread since it doesn't make much sense.

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Kauket - 03-19-2015

I'm going to leave this comment here and I hope you take this to the heart as a friend: you're dumb.

At most cases, art isn't "good" or "bad" - it's about style. And there has been a LOT worse, the pictures by devil are really good for a learner, although a few *could* be tweaked somehow.

Also age does matter. It can mark your experience, how long you've had on a subject, so don't give that bad excuse "oh it doesn't matter". It does. Your learning is different at different ages, your movement differs aswell as your mental processing and the way you perceive things.

And I really dislike how you say, "Most of this stuff is just godawful, but there are a few really good works." - that isn't helpful. I find your anime-related pictures god-awful because it's bland, predictable and too 'generic', but what you say is just an opinion, not a review, nor an analysis. I have nothing more to say either.

Keep up the good work Devil.

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Corile - 03-19-2015

Quote:And I really dislike how you say, "Most of this stuff is just godawful, but there are a few really good works." - that isn't helpful.
Actually good point, that wasn't too insightful.
My apologies.

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Gulryz - 03-20-2015

removed 2 signature which look like basic, cause they were pretty old

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Gulryz - 03-24-2015

added a new signature

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Gulryz - 04-01-2015

removed 2 signatures (which I think don't represent my current condition)

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Foochow - 04-02-2015

Good work man, You're advancing fast. Keep it up and master your design! Smile

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Gulryz - 07-30-2015

Added some new stuff, Feedback is welcomed

RE: Devil's Graphic Preview - Oldum - 07-30-2015

Well hello there Osama Big Grin
I remember you Big Grin / although I didn't remember you having long spiky ears, but whatever Big Grin /

If I may, I'd be honest with you and give you my feedback.
Most of what you do are awsome. Honestly, I like them a lot. There are a few, where you overdid blending the layers together, and the ship or the character image is getting lost in a huge mixture of colors. 1 2 (at #2 , I wasn't sure if I'm high or what .. Big Grin )

It's good that after a point you started making your own renders of ships , it makes every work unique. One last thing is, I dunno if every sign you make was for a request or just for fune, but sometimes, you don't seem to get the background colour right and the whole commotion that makes will end in the image looking a little strange. Don't need to go to extremes every time, cause it doesn't always look good. I mean this in particular. 3

Can't think of anything else, but to keep up the good work Smile