Discovery Gaming Community
Holman's Heroes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Archived Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=290)
+------ Thread: Holman's Heroes (/showthread.php?tid=124226)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Holman's Heroes - GamerGirl - 01-08-2015

Firstly i wish you all the best and hope to see you around.
(01-02-2015, 05:15 PM)LordVipex Wrote: Looking forward to some possible Omega action at last, the IMG lacks active enemies to spice up gameplay a bit. I can also imagine lots of diplomatic issues arising with this, given that you would be using IMG assets as well as their bases as staging points. To protect corporate interests, Rheinland would most likely attempt to (Clear enough now?) remove your staging points away from their corps (i.e. annex Freistadt and perhaps even push to Aland).
In any case, this is quite the chance to finally have some movement in the Omegas and it could perhaps lead to the big Omega conflict I really long for since quite a while.
Because of these possibilities, I can only wish you best of luck. Have yet to see you ingame myself but it's promising from what I've heard.
I wanted to clear this up a little on a point of Kruger. While Rheinland atm tolorates IMG|, there have been a lot of problems with Freistadt. A.K. hessians docking ships there and stage attacks from there. It results into a BS in front of the station. Now if a part of IMG (npc faction) gets another official faction to represent, will make some problems. It would make the [HH] been able to use a station they can call 'HOME' to deploy attacks to rheinland corporations. DHC and Kruger. I don't have a problem with this, i only do not think IMG| would agree to have a possible risk to lose Freistadt over this. I do not think it would make a problem IF the IMG npc faction would lose that station, they have one in Omega 3 too. This is how I see this and if I look at the person I have quoted, means that I am not the only one.

RE: Holman's Heroes - Jack_Henderson - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 08:01 PM)GamerGirl Wrote: [...] there have been a lot of problems with Freistadt. A.K. hessians docking ships there and stage attacks from there.

This is a myth. There was 1 (one!) indie (indie!) Hessian that crashdocked there and the event yelled "indie stupidity" all over, if not even "biiig stagingz!". Out of many million dockings (NPCs and Players) on Freistadt, there was one (1) Hessian that I know, that has ever been screened and brought to me. Hessians staging from Freistadt is only happening in some heads. Not in reality.

I think this needed to be rectified.

(01-08-2015, 08:39 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: I think this needed to be rectified.

yes and [RHA] and [RF], to name it. We have seen this a lot, but i am not talking about that now. Just about a possible problem what COULD evolve from here in the ZOI of Rheinland. Please do not overlook the BS placed in front of the IMG station. It warns you to behave, but if you would have 2 factions to represent the npc faction. Do both not have the same amount of influence on this? If you look at the diplomacy of the faction, makes it clear that [HH] targets corporations fueling the rheinland economics. It could be with assisting the RHA more open then IMG| but it would make a problem when the lawfulls would see them open to attack them in their own borders. Would it not be logical sense that they would take it one pace further and overtake the station? IMG| could still dock there then if the RM or RFP would take it over. The [HH] and RHA would be able to dock. I only mention it, because it would make no sense if this is done and [HH] who takes a completely different path could just openly dock in a system under control by rheinland by being then full hostile to rheinland? Not sure what path the [HH] would walk.

RE: Holman's Heroes - Jack_Henderson - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 08:49 PM)GamerGirl Wrote: yes and [RHA] and [RF], to name it. We have seen this a lot

Pics, or this did not happen.
[RF] vanished at a time when IMG was still rephacked no-docking with Hessians. So it was not even technically possible.

And [RHA] - I bet - never dock on Freistadt, as they know what they are doing AND I would have been told nano-seconds after it happened with tons of pictures.

Prove me wrong. Prove that it happened "a lot". I dare you.
Because I know you are just pretending here.
And I call this bluff attempt... either a blatant lie, or lack of knowledge.
You choose.

(01-08-2015, 08:55 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Prove me wrong. Prove that it happened "a lot". I dare you.
You choose.
If you feel yourself offended by a possible RP change with something you called [HH] Hendersons Heroes to me in private on skype some time ago. That does not mean this is YOUR faction is it? Tell me i am wrong please.

Again you clearly point out that one cannot just give feedback if it does involve IMG as a faction. Not only IMG| but IMG npc faction in general. I am only giving you my facts and point of view, if you just use it to fuel yourself to a point you are now. Then I suggest you to take a sandwich, what confuses me more is that YOU reply in a faction you stated you had NO involvement with. Where I only point out a possible problem in the future depending on what course of action there is taken. Something that the lead of the faction of [HH] should consider and talk about with you.

About the Red Hessians docking, at this moment I have NO time to find them. There are more important things for me at this time to do. I am sure you have seen them at least once, but that has nothing to do with this feedback or possible problem for the future of both IMG| and [HH].

RE: Holman's Heroes - Corile - 01-08-2015

I am very much bothered by the "'s" at the end of the name of the faction.
(my grammar nazi sense is tingling, I'm pretty sure it's wrong)

@edit (cause it would suggest there's some bloke called Holman who leads the faction which is not the case I think?)

RE: Holman's Heroes - Gondoros - 01-08-2015

I met you guys ingame, too bad for me, I was in a Daumann indie. You do handle yourselves nicely and are quite polite when pirating. I remember one time you stopped me next to Aland and took my cargo but gave me some money back. Ha nice touch.
Good luck with this.

(01-08-2015, 09:20 PM)Protégé Wrote: I am very much bothered by the "'s" at the end of the name of the faction.

I think it's correct.

RE: Holman's Heroes - Wildkins - 01-19-2015

(01-08-2015, 09:20 PM)Protégé Wrote: I am very much bothered by the "'s" at the end of the name of the faction.

@edit (cause it would suggest there's some bloke called Holman who leads the faction which is not the case I think?)

Holman's Heroes would literally mean "The Heroes of which Holman owns", which is at least partly correct. It makes more sense than Holman Heroes, plus it's (indirectly) a play off of Hogan's Heroes.

RE: Holman's Heroes - Haste - 01-19-2015

Holman's Heroes -> The heroes of Holman Outpost.

My neighbour's car -> The car of my neighbour.

I don't see the issue, mang.

RE: Holman's Heroes - Pancakes - 01-20-2015

(01-08-2015, 08:55 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 08:49 PM)GamerGirl Wrote: yes and [RHA] and [RF], to name it. We have seen this a lot

Pics, or this did not happen.
[RF] vanished at a time when IMG was still rephacked no-docking with Hessians. So it was not even technically possible.

And [RHA] - I bet - never dock on Freistadt, as they know what they are doing AND I would have been told nano-seconds after it happened with tons of pictures.

Prove me wrong. Prove that it happened "a lot". I dare you.
You choose.

I myself docked there a crapton of times. With both [RF] and when I was ninja'ed in [RHA]. Oh the times of suicide Barghests. And it wasn't just me, it was a plenty of other indie Hessians and [RF] (I believe though that I really were the only guy from [RHA] to dock there, during that time)

Regardless though, that's why there is the RM BS there - to keep an eye on things. So, in practice, you can't dock there so who cares. If Holman's Heroes were to stage attacks from there on lawful Rheinland corps, welp, I guess you'll have a problem undocking from Freistadt anyway, since that BS will kill most of you right when you undock, so no real issue there.