Discovery Gaming Community
Guard ID's in 4.85 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Guard ID's in 4.85 (/showthread.php?tid=12662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Guard ID's in 4.85 - me_b_kevin - 10-21-2008

one thing is for sure, even if the sanction reports increase, it'll be much easier to see the sanction more clearly. less of the detective work and more straight forward from my understanding. if someone is flying a battleship without the proper tag, a screenshot will clearly show it.

unfortunately in order to have a successful RP server with the amount of players we have, regulations are needed to keep the server from spiraling out of control and turning into a PVP server.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Xoria - 10-21-2008

' Wrote:does i understand it right? if i buy a destroyer or a BS... im not allowed to leave to home systems with this?

or is it allowed to attack some enemies in other systems with my cap ships?
No, you are not reading it right, and I'd love to see the sentence that you think means that.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Akumabito - 10-21-2008

' Wrote:my initial concern was that powerhungry players might bully those who wish to get ships / IDs cause its "their" system. - but that won t happen ...

I disagree. It will happen, just as it is happening now, and I believe kuraines statement won't reflect the wishes of the admins when this is put into effect.

We will see, but the admins up to this point have been more than willing to let clans kill friendly players over and over to force them under clan control. Why will that suddenly change based on one statement from a junior admin?

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Captain - 10-21-2008

I agree with Jinx, and I worked hard to get my Zoner guard IFF,
so I hope that 4,85 soon comes out, so that I can buy zoner gaurd ID and gaurd fp1 as I do now,

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Fellow Hoodlum - 10-21-2008

And Akumubito, would you like to move elsewhere now please, before I have to move you off ...

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Zelot - 10-21-2008

' Wrote:for example: a corsair flying an Osiris. now it doesn't make sense for them to fly one considering they have their own Battleship now.

i just don't see allies being that forth coming with their signature tech. i could kinda see exchanging fighters....maybe....but if i were, let's say, the Order i wouldn't want to share my top secret weapons/ships with anyone.

but i am a Strict RP critic so in my eyes factions should be using their own ships & weapons anyway....why else would they have their own proprietary tech?

The Osiris is not only an Order ship. Up until recently they didn't even build it. On the other hand, the Corsairs are the one's that have been building it for years, the ones that have the technical experience to build it. Hard to take 17 years of Sirius history and just ignore it.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Akumabito - 10-21-2008

So hoodlum, is the admin policy changed so that system owning clans cannot restrict players with proper tags and ID's from their systems to purchase ships and equipment, even capital ships?

It's a yes or no question by the way, so it doesn't require your usual snide remark in lieu of an answer.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Zelot - 10-21-2008

' Wrote:So hoodlum, is the admin policy changed so that system owning clans cannot restrict players with proper tags and ID's from their systems to purchase ships and equipment, even capital ships?

It's a yes or no question by the way, so it doesn't require your usual snide remark in lieu of an answer.

Akum, I got to say, from time to time you make good points, but your prosecutors disposition when you ask questions does not help you achive your goals. This is not a courtroom and we dont need members interrogating other members. Please talk to people with a modicum of respect, we all deserve it.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - me_b_kevin - 10-21-2008

' Wrote:The Osiris is not only an Order ship. Up until recently they didn't even build it. On the other hand, the Corsairs are the one's that have been building it for years, the ones that have the technical experience to build it. Hard to take 17 years of Sirius history and just ignore it.

i based my statement off of SP, due to my lack of knowledge on corsair/order history i was unaware that the order bought their ships from the corsairs. i've also only been to the order guard system a few times and didn't realize they didn't have a shipyard.

my example stands as a bad one then.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - killhappyfool - 10-21-2008

I believe that the need of Guard IDs to get cap ships will make it much easier to limit the supposed excessive use of cap ships. (Sorry but I don't see capwhoring like everyone else does. Never really have. The bombers are worth so much more in power. Unless your in a BS.) However, if we build a guard system and design ships for the faction are we allowed to set the price to a much higher level as a further discouragement for the abuse of them?

Personally I believe in jacking up the price of Capships by at least 50%. But that is simply my view.

As for a ship chasing out of ZOI it depends. Ex, If your Lib navy and you chase into Magellan yeah I believe you should continue pursuit. However, if it goes into another house, you need to ask permission to pursue onto their turf..