Discovery Gaming Community
Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=127704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Tsuzumi Mori - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 07:00 PM)Croft Wrote:
(03-25-2015, 06:37 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Then there is the Screw the Pirate ID nerf ID, where you can now go into Liberty with all your unlawful friends and for the low cost of 1 mil credits, blow up all Lib lawfuls.

You mean the samething police have been doing for years with the BHG/Freelancers against pirates, (...)

Seconded. How come if the lawfuls overpower unlawfuls is acceptable, yet when the unlawfuls does the same to the lawfuls, it is a big no-no?

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Mímir - 03-25-2015

Unlawful Mantas...

-------------

I hunt bounties a lot. It's basically all I do when I log (damn you for nerfing the pirate ID!Big Grin), I have been registered on a lot of different boards, hunted as an Outcast in Liberty on the CL} board and also on Freelancer ID's on various unlawful and quasi-lawful boards. Currently I use a nerfed BW ship on my Liberty BHG| hunter. The proposed ID is totally and utterly unnecessary.

It's absolutely fine as it is, nothing else is needed.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Croft - 03-25-2015

I figured who is more likely to become a cold blooded killer than someone who already does it for a living? Plus it adds a nice reinforcement of the "dark reflection of a Bounty Hunter." The tech nerf levels are probably wrong but that's something for the balance guys to figure out.

It was not meant to step on the toes of any other ID, rather like the Pirate ID it offers a limited choice of toys in exchange for a larger playground, at least in theory.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Mímir - 03-25-2015

You do know that you can hunt unlawful bounties on a Freelancer ID just fine? You can even do it on Odins/Rapiers and their associated unlawful ID's.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Croft - 03-25-2015

I know, doesn't mean that there isn't room for variation. Interspace Commerce can trade practically everywhere yet we still have the IND.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Sarawr!? - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 05:52 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: But...the problem I see with these RP ID´s is that if, for example you are flying a "Smuggler" ID from back in the day, the large majority of the RP turns out to be something like this...

"Stop Smuggler..."
"How do you know I am a Smuggler"
" Ah...cause your ID says you are...how long you been playing this game noob."

Making new special Roleplay ID´s will not better roleplayers make.

(03-25-2015, 06:01 PM)Tsuzumi Mori Wrote: Concerning it alone in the roleplay matter, we should get back to the ID being invisible inside roleplay. Because it's kind of silly that all IDs are visible

All in all, a lot of problems should be solved by making a rule that makes ID an information that cannot be used by any other but player wearing it, as a guide for them - also to make ooRPly sure that player does not break his ID.

I was originally going to make a post asking for the return of the Slaver ID, and then I was going to launch into a big long tirade about how bringing back IDs won't fix anything at all because ID's are regarded as inRP, which is silly...BUT I won't launch into that tirade, because as you can see I've quoted two players above.

AS a veteran of this community, who has been playing since late 4.84, I thoroughly agree with the two things I've quoted above, and -I- would like to see a change to IDs along those lines, before ANYTHING else happens.

I've always played by IFF anyway, since IFFs are a thing that make sense to go by inRP.

If somebody rolls up to me on my [LN] ships with a Pirate ID and Freelancer IFF, I treat them like a Freelancer, unless they're a known criminal/breaking an inRP law, or are being overtly hostile. ID's should not be an element of roleplay interactions, but a general guide for those using them.

Finally though, I'd be absolutely thrilled to have unique RP IDs added back into Discovery -- who cares if some get used more than others?

They provided an extra degree of choice and variety to one's roleplay options, and I thought it was great. However it's like I said above, adding unique RP IDs back into the game won't make things better, unless we revert back to having IDs be considered nothing more than oorp guidelines.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Teerin - 03-25-2015

Well, each of the current Generic IDs has various pros and cons, so new Generic IDs could be put in and fit to those roles. I'd suggest revising them all a little bit, using this chart as a guideline:

Suggested Name Default Legality Benefit Loss
Freelance Mercenary Quasilawful Can claim bounties Bounty necessary to attack
Freelance Pirate Unlawful Can pirate most things No-dock to quasilawfuls, hostile to corporations and lawfuls
Freelance Miner Lawful Mining bonus No-dock to mining factions, hostile to pirates
Freelance Hauler Quasilawful Cargo up to 4,300 No-dock to corporations, hostile to pirates

This way, the names are more uniform, and it kind of demonstrates that all generic IDs are really Freelancers. Thus, they'd all get the Freelancer IFF by default. Also, this suggestion is only a rough sketch, so discuss

Nota bene: By "pirates", I mean pirate factions such as LH, LR, GC, etc. and most likely terrorist factions as well, like the Gaians, Xenos, etc.. Miners and Haulers would likely still get access to Revolutionary/Activist facilities, such as Council, Bundschuh, HF Legion, etc.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Sarawr!? - 03-25-2015

What use is making the names uniform?

Just add back the IDs from .85, and return IDs to being OORP.

It's not that complicated...

EDIT:

Yes, changing the status of IDs will create confusion and drama, for a while...just like it did when staff made them inRP in the first place, and again when they changed them back to try and combat the drama and displeasure created by that decision, and then they displeased the other side of the argument and they got changed back to being inRP AGAIN.

...Some of us remember.

Make a decision and stick to it, people will adjust. (Also I realize the irony of this last part, considering I'm advocating for a change in the decision.)

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Lythrilux - 03-25-2015

The only problem with IDs being ooRP and not inRP was created by generic IDs, because a ship belonging to a generic faction IS defined by it's ID. This created a horrible mess with the Pirate ID, especially with bounty hunting. If we make all IDs except generic IDs inRP, that'd remove the problems whilst still keeping the benefits.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - FynnMcScrap - 03-25-2015

Again :

Are we talking single ID generics...

or to quote :
(03-25-2015, 11:52 AM)aerelm Wrote: ...

With this plan to reimplement roleplay IDs into the mod, we're intending to identify different lines of roleplay popular among the community and by incorporating minor perks in each ID, provide a better ground for more freedom in roleplay. Please note that these IDs do not essentially need to be generic IDs, and your suggestions can include IDs intended for use as a secondary ID by factions (e.g. Diplomat ID), but it's preffered if the suggestions are kept as generic as possible, as these IDs will be made open-use if implemented.

If "new/old" ID´s gan give some Players a chance to finetune and / or define their RP I see nothing wrong with that, although I must also agree that most fine points usually die due to collateral damage in @llround free to Pew. ( Insert favorite tears < here > ).
And I suppose it will give more loophols, producing more nice sanction notes to read,
quite usefull for distraction while at work or trading.

But if I read aerelmy words correctly, a faction ... like [LN] , or BAF| or even T&T/ , could build a ship,TAG it with faction TAG, and then insert a RP ID instead of the normal faction ID ?

1. Yes : [ ]
  2. No : [ ]

?