Discovery Gaming Community
House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs (/showthread.php?tid=129217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Laura C. - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 11:30 AM)Toris Gray Wrote: Tell me what about law enforcement in annexed/contested systems? Bering/Hudson? Tau-29? Omega-7? Omega-3?

Looks like all Sirius Law Codes are now invalid, because ID rules has been changed.
This is what I asked about in my post. However until I see clearly in admin green stated otherwise, Omega-7 is still to be treated as Rheinland space under Rheinland laws inRP.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Thyrzul - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 11:28 AM)LordVipex Wrote: This seems like yet another step towards eliminating consequences of roleplay.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Fluffyball - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 11:28 AM)LordVipex Wrote: This seems like yet another step towards eliminating consequences of roleplay.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Lythrilux - 05-10-2015

What this change is trying to achieve is to make independent worlds more wild by removing the overly-large lawful presence. The problem is the consequences of that RP, which are enforced by house laws, are so detrimental to the point that they've pretty much eliminated corporate warfare and quasi-lawful piracy within those border systems.

The motive is good however the implementation is going to lead to all sorts of headaches regarding lore and lawful RP. IMO I think it'd be a massive uphill battle to make border systems like O-3, Cortez, Hudson etc. truly independent as much as this change would like. There's just too many other variables that make this an impossibility.

However, if the devs did stuff like put lucrative mining fields in systems like Omega-9 or just systems that aren't border systems (O-7 is guilty here) it might encourage the corporate and quasi-lawful piracy that we desire, and yield all the benefits of this change without the negatives.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Gondoros - 05-10-2015

Quote:-Can defend allied or neutral lawful ships and bases within their Zone of Influence.

Why is this not enough when it comes to systems bordering house space?

Bretonia and Rheinland have assets in O3, respectively O7. If those assets are being endangered then you can intervene as a Police, Army, Military on the bases of this line

Quote:-Can defend allied or neutral lawful ships and bases within their Zone of Influence.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - jammi - 05-10-2015

In SP, border and hazardous systems were patrolled solely by House militaries. Core systems were dealt with by a mixture of police and navy depending on the context - how dangerous particular regions were. In Discovery, that situation has changed somewhat. I'll drop some infocards to illustrate how pants-on-head silly this is, from a lore perspective at least. Different arguments can be made for gameplay balance because that and lore usually have a passing relationship at best.

I'll back this up with two examples I'm most familiar with: Omega 3 and 7. However, with 10 minutes work I could easily find lore pertaining to military and police presences in Cortez, Hudson, Bering, Tau 29, Kepler, Galileo, etc etc.

Extremely badly thought out decision that will have an immense negative impact on police and military factions. Corporate faction PvP potential is getting a massive boost through this, but is that really the intended effect? There's no logical reason why law enforcement shouldn't be able to patrol their own border systems. That was the primary original purpose of the naval groups!

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Daumann Heavy Construction - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 11:54 AM)Freelancer Lore Wrote: You know, the only reason BMM built a base in this system is to try and take Omega-3 away from us. With the colonisation of Sprague, they've overplayed their hand - the Schwerin in Omega 7 is watching them very closely. Sure, both governments paid for the Trade Lanes and Jump Gates here, but we were the ones who first moved in. New London only wants the system to take it from Rheinland.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4uqq3NSVOjq3KqOrTSSQ...s7fMzGYpqA]

Also, speaking about "boosts" to house corporate factions - should we understand together with that change removal of cruisers from IMG ID will follow?

~ mandatory oorp hate post

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Char Aznable - 05-10-2015

While I agree that border- and independent worlds should be more wild, there are some things that bother me with this change (they have been mentioned before already). Annexed systems and areas vital to the economy of a house should be unharmed by this change, since the respective house will do much more to protect them. Please include exceptions like the aforementioned things.

Another thing - why didn't Gallia change?

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Lythrilux - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 12:23 PM)Char Aznable Wrote: Another thing - why didn't Gallia change?
It's because they're invading I believe. Also might be because Gallic house space is horribly dead.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Thunderer - 05-10-2015

I don't see any change to the BAF ID. The BAF, the BPA and the BIS may still go to Omega-3, Omega-5, and all other systems they used to go to.

In fact, I don't see any relevant change made to House military and police IDs and I am completely confused why are people complaining.

BPA:
"Zone of Influence: Bretonia, systems directly bordering Bretonia"

BAF:
"Zone of Influence: Bretonia, systems directly bordering Bretonia, Taus"