Discovery Gaming Community
Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station (/showthread.php?tid=129552)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - Ryujin - 07-30-2015

Isaac shifted his gaze from the director to the military chief. "It is true. Since i work as a junior engineer on Thebes , i have been observing the minefield in the Wall of Seth for quite some time now." He made a short pause , unsure how to proceed further. " On my last fighter test i noticed that small gaps are forming. They are not critical or threatening at this point. But the gravitational pull of our sun and planets do indeed degrade the integrity of the mine field." He reached into his pocked and took out a folded peace of paper. Isaac unfolded the paper and gave it it Thrawn "I have made some relative calculations here and only considering the natural forces of our system , soon enough there will be big enough gabs into the minefield so a fighter can pass undisturbed. Further more If we add to this the occasional exploding unwelcome fighter, witch bits and peaces take out few other mines after the explosion, things are not looking very good. "

RE: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - Tarator - 07-30-2015

Thrawn took a sip of his drink while already ordering another, he takes a look at the paper "I do see your concerns gentlemen. It has come to my attention that both minefields are "decaying" but until now I had little understanding of the situation's degree. But I'm no scientist, so let's move on." He kept looking at the paper" So as we all agree on the situation, what do you propose we do? Ideas?"

RE: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - axisdeus - 07-30-2015

Well, first thing first, William. Let's take this matter apart bit by bit and find what we can do about it. Jason pulled himself from the seat and walked over to the bar. Meanwhile the other two were left to their own to think of this soon-to-be-problem. Hea reached the bar maid and asked for a Rheinbier. Leaned against the counter as the girl was fetching his drink. Picked it up, payed the few credits for it and walked at the table, taking his seat back. So, here are the few distinct problems I see here:
  1. Getting a survey of the area, a rough count, to see what we are facing here. The difference in the actual density compared to it's intended one should give us a rough estimate of how many mines we would need to replace. We should ask the latter from the Overwatch.
  2. Acquiring these mines, in some way. Maybe producing them?!? Again, Overwatch should have data concerning this.
  3. Hauling them to the job site. Mind those are nasty devices, so I do not think the regular transport ship would do.
  4. Replacing the missing mines and packing closer together the ones already existing. This is what I see as the most difficult in this whole job. Again, we will be needing a special vessel to withstand a few accidental blasts and still be able to move around all that mass accurately.
Jason went silent while looking at the other two.

RE: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - Ryujin - 07-31-2015

"Perhaps we should start by asking the Overwatch for the original blueprints of the layout of the minefield. It could help us great when we compare our future scans to the original layout . " said Isaac. He ordered Kusarian Sake to the petite blonde behind the bar and sat on the other side of Jason.

RE: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - TheShooter36 - 07-31-2015

Steve walked towards bar's entrance and went in. Asked to barmaid for his favourite Liberty Ale while searching for a seat. Heard Jason just in time....we will be needing a special vessel to withstand a few accidental blasts...Walked towards Jason's seatErm...Jason, i have an idea about that special vessel.Said Steve. Then he took a seat near Jason.

RE: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - axisdeus - 07-31-2015

Jason looked over his shoulder at the figure so cordially approaching him. Well, Steve...have a seat! Said Jason as he made room for the new arrived to take a place at the table. You were saying, Isaac...ohh, yes, I agree with that, I will actually shot a message their way for those plans. Meanwhile, let's hear mister Steve here and his idea for a ship...First, are you up to date with what we're talking here?!? Well, basically we need a ship to be able to plant mines, move those already existent and not go to pieces while doing so.

RE: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - TheShooter36 - 07-31-2015

Thanks for telling the whole situlation Mr. Jason. Taking a few blows and still moving...Same time deploying mines. This means you need a big, sturdy ship. Same time it must not be expensive as a warship i guess. We need ships can work in hazardous conditions. Before my O'Rhu cell times i saw some big mining ships in Alberta. They were big ships but a bit sluggish. Perhaps they can work. We may see those mining ships in rheinland too. Said Steve. Then turned to barmaid and took another Liberty Ale.

He might have a point, you know...I remember seeing a mining installation in Rheinland...Munich was it?!?...yes, I think it was Munich...I'll take Quint with me and have a go, see if that could actually work. Jason grabbed the bier and took a sip. he then started fiddling with the bottle and continued. The survey will be a tough nut to crack though. As for the other bits and bots, we should figure those as we go...

RE: Devil's Punchbowl Pub | Thabit Station - Ryujin - 07-31-2015

Isaac took a tinny sip from his Sake and suggested "Perhaps before even thinking of a ship , we need first to see how many mines we are going to need. After when we know the quantity we have to decide on how and were are we going to assemble the mines." He took another tiny sip of Sake. "In general we need the quantity of the mines to decide on wich is the most cost effective solution for the entire operation."

Don't worry Isaac, that will be on the transmission to Overwatch. Once we get those data we can go and see what we can do about the survey. Meanwhile, let's call this a day and meet her with any results in a couple of days. Jason sprung on his feet as he was saying this, picked up the remaining Rheinbier, gobbled it all and then made his way towards the exit.