Discovery Gaming Community
NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships (/showthread.php?tid=129809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - TheProphet - 05-25-2015

(05-25-2015, 08:55 PM)Ash Wrote: Look, i don't want to hijack this guys thread any longer, so to put an end to this:

Just because you speak another language doesn't give you the right to judge others on how well they try to communicate. If you do know as many languages as you say then you should appreciate above all how difficult it is diving into highly literate, highly critical hive of hoodlums that is the discovery gaming community. So give the guy a break, you can understand what he is saying. It's just you clearly have a problem with putting in the effort to fill in the blanks.

You're missing the point. Fluency and coherence are not necessarily the same thing. It did take a translation for the discussion to start rolling.

Regardless, the idea seems a bit far fetched and probably impossible within the current state of Discovery.

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - Wesker - 05-25-2015

On a real note: I agree with TheProphet, the AI dont really have the resources, or support to make such a vessel, Maybe they could have a core system for themselves in the future but i doubt it will happen anytime soon.

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - Ash - 05-25-2015

The AI to me have been an interesting venture for the server and one that should (in my opinion) revolve around RP. Buffing the cruiser, while making PvP feasible for existing AIs will draw alot of controversy from those looking to bend an already controvertial RP just to fly it and gank.

I'd like to see a reformat of the AI vessels into a very capable and fast fighter, a moderate/average support ship/gunboat and a non-militarised AI core vessel.

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - Wesker - 05-25-2015

(05-25-2015, 09:21 PM)Ash Wrote: The AI to me have been an interesting venture for the server and one that should (in my opinion) revolve around RP. Buffing the cruiser, while making PvP feasible for existing AIs will draw alot of controversy from those looking to bend an already controvertial RP just to fly it and gank.

I'd like to see a reformat of the AI vessels into a very capable and fast fighter, a moderate/average support ship/gunboat and a non-militarised AI core vessel.

And then the Ai GB guns will shoot faster than the AI VHF ones, the idea of a GB is nice, but the guns tho...

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - SILENT KNIGHT - 05-25-2015

Ai battleship.. nuff said

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - Ash - 05-25-2015

(05-25-2015, 09:17 PM)TheProphet Wrote: You're missing the point. Fluency and coherence are not necessarily the same thing. It did take a translation for the discussion to start rolling.

It's not a translation because the guy is speaking english, however convoluted it may have seemed. You can break it down in whatever way you feel, but if you couldn't understand the jist of what this guy was trying to get across then you have no right to criticise.

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-25-2015

(05-25-2015, 04:15 PM)Commander Crucible Wrote: I think that guy wants a guard system for the artificial intelligence consensus.

Consensus? You mean just Artifial Intelligence. Or in official case, Primary Artificial Intelligence, the Consensus doesn't exist anymore.

2ndly, ye well this was discussed alot. We thought about a Vertical shaped ship, beeing unique than any other ship. As it would give the AI a shape of a Body in space. We had tons of ideas lol... I kinda find this thread hopeless, realy. Don't even know if it's worth wasting your time here. ^^

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - TheProphet - 05-25-2015

(05-25-2015, 09:34 PM)Ash Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 09:17 PM)TheProphet Wrote: You're missing the point. Fluency and coherence are not necessarily the same thing. It did take a translation for the discussion to start rolling.

It's not a translation because the guy is speaking english, however convoluted it may have seemed. You can break it down in whatever way you feel, but if you couldn't understand the jist of what this guy was trying to get across then you have no right to criticise.

Hold that thought. If I couldn't understand what this guy was trying to say, I have no right to criticize the fact that he might as well have actually typed it out in his own language?

The translation is what another poster wrote, deciphering the OP.

Back to the point, if you want the admins/devs to consider something you best be damn sure it makes sense. Otherwise it'll devolve into this discussion we're having right now.

EDIT: While I agree that the AI might need something to make them slightly more interesting, I think most of it is actually down to the players' RP efforts and needs to be less ham-handed than "Here is everything ever immediately."

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - SILENT KNIGHT - 05-25-2015

(05-25-2015, 09:38 PM)Snake Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 04:15 PM)Commander Crucible Wrote: I think that guy wants a guard system for the artificial intelligence consensus.

Consensus? You mean just Artifial Intelligence. Or in official case, Primary Artificial Intelligence, the Consensus doesn't exist anymore.

2ndly, ye well this was discussed alot. We thought about a Vertical shaped ship, beeing unique than any other ship. As it would give the AI a shape of a Body in space. We had tons of ideas lol... I kinda find this thread hopeless, realy. Don't even know if it's worth wasting your time here. ^^

lvl 9 Domegemegrottebyte;s camouflage

RE: NEW AI ships? will there ever be more then 2 ai ships - Shizune - 05-25-2015

(05-25-2015, 09:54 PM)Rory Jacoby Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 09:38 PM)Snake Wrote:

lvl 9 Domegemegrottebyte;s camouflage

I take your 1 Domegemegrottebye and raise you 1 Monoicosebyte.
I have to ask how computer storage space equals camouflage...