Discovery Gaming Community
Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF (/showthread.php?tid=130647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - SpaceTime - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:29 PM)Fluffyball Wrote: Oh! They can't fulfill bounties! Yay...?

Only Freelancer and BHG IDs can fulfill bounties.

I am not sure what you are talking about.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Fluffyball - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:33 PM)SpaceTime Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 03:29 PM)Fluffyball Wrote: Oh! They can't fulfill bounties! Yay...?

Only Freelancer and BHG IDs can fulfill bounties.

I am not sure what you are talking about.

Nope. Every other ID can fulfill bounties - the generic ones can only do that, if it is written down in their ID. Read again:

Quote:2. All faction IDs are allowed to claim bounties within their zone of influence. Generic IDs are only allowed to claim bounties if clearly specified in the ID description.

You can fulfull bounties as Kruger, IMG, GMG, Samura, Kishiro, Ageira, even as Rheinland Military or Kusari Naval Forces - only if it takes place inside your ZOI.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - SpaceTime - 06-16-2015

So I can claim a bounty on a Corsair Pirate Train on my Bowex) snub?

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Lythrilux - 06-16-2015

The only problem I have with Pirates using the Freelancer IFF is that it's a bloody pain to turret steer against them, as I can't switch from target to target easily.

Otherwise, I find the cry of abuse with the Pirate ID and Freelancer IFF unfounded. Freelancers are quasi-lawfuls - they can operate on both sides of the fence. If you see a ship with a Freelancer IFF, you shouldn't let your guard down because it's white/neutral.

If we start adding something like this, and if it's made forced, will a faction like JM (or indie Junkers even) be forced to have a 'Hostile Junker' IFF just because it may be 'abusive' that people see a white/green ship on radar and instantly assume it's going to be friendly?

(06-16-2015, 03:37 PM)SpaceTime Wrote: So I can claim a bounty on a Corsair Pirate Train on my Bowex) snub?

Of course! Didn't you know that? Inside your ZOI only though.

(06-16-2015, 03:37 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Otherwise, I find the cry of abuse with the Pirate ID and Freelancer IFF unfounded. Freelancers are quasi-lawfuls - they can operate on both sides of the fence. If you see a ship with a Freelancer IFF, you shouldn't let your guard down because it's white/neutral.

If we start adding something like this, and if it's made forced, will a faction like JM (or indie Junkers even) be forced to have a 'Hostile Junker' IFF just because it may be 'abusive' that people see a white/green ship on radar and instantly assume it's going to be friendly?

^ This.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Deeceem - 06-16-2015

So, forcing it looks somewhat like that to me so far:

Pro:
- protects naive people from getting caught/robbed/killed once as part of a learning process that not every Freelancer is a friend

Cons:
- impacts people's roleplay negatively
- basically removes the possibility to assist anyone, but other pirates
- gimps/limits an already subpar ID even more
- people who actually intentionally "abuse" it for say baiting new players, can still do it with several other IDs

I also have to agree with what @TheUnforgiven said about using the actual term "abuse" for this topic here.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - TheProphet - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:39 PM)Fluffyball Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 03:37 PM)SpaceTime Wrote: So I can claim a bounty on a Corsair Pirate Train on my Bowex) snub?

Of course! Didn't you know that? Inside your ZOI only though.

We can't treat Transports as combat targets, we'd have to issue a reasonable demand first.

I really don't see the problem with the Pirate ID. For tech restrictions, I mean you're an independent criminal operating without backing and support from a large crime organization. Of course things are going to be hard, and of course you're going to be targeted both by the criminals for intruding on their turf (unless you manage to talk your way out of it), and by lawfuls for being a pirate.

That's where the massive ZoI comes in, you can do loads of things like gather intel, do hired interceptions of convoys in-game, throughout the sector. Something to make yourself useful to big organizations. It's not gimped, it just requires more creativity.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - JohnyWalker - 06-16-2015

I like the idea! due the civilians, have almost no chance against pirates. Actually also the countermeasures not really doing its job, so all transporters are really easy targets for pirates and cannot run away or attempt to do it, not fair at all. With the new IFF, will give an oportunity to the traders.

I recently watched some Pirate ID+Freelancer IFF, demanding 5.000.000$ to some newbies in pennsylvania, of course not all they have that amount, and the pirate know it, its just "shoot for fun without rule break" (from 2 weeks ago, this happening too much in Pennsylvania) Pirate demands MUST have a limit!!!

In other side.... I also really like to see Pirate ID+Freelancer IFF, and you must scan his ID just for ensure you would be safe... sometimes is really cool, when he is jsut at 2k, andyou see Pirate ID!!... DAMN.... "should I run..... should I pay...." really funny situations hehehehe. But of course this is fun ONLY with really a few pirates, who are RPing really good (sadly almost mayority not).

Another thing... anyone know where can I find the Rephack sheet?, i need to check why my Navy Guard, doing nothing, some traders reputations turn FULL HOSTILE and keeping the officers of the house in full friendly... (happened with Bretonia and Kusari.... but we are allies!, full friendly with BAF and KNF, but hostile with Planetform, Bowex, Samura...and 2 more)
¿Any idea?

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Sabru - 06-16-2015

Hmm. my view is:

- implement the Outlaw IFF first.
- then make it so that FL IFF cant be used by Pirates, but the Outlaw IFF can.

As Alley said, the Outlaw IFF would be the generic unlawful IFF version of the FL IFF.

There you have a compromise. Pirates arent forced to have a flashing sign that says "i can rob you", but they do show up as "I'm shady, so maybe be careful of me."

A few more FL IFF bases in well chosen areas might not go astray either.

(06-16-2015, 04:49 PM)Sabru Wrote: Hmm. my view is:

- implement the Outlaw IFF first.
- then make it so that FL IFF cant be used by Pirates, but the Outlaw IFF can.

As Alley said, the Outlaw IFF would be the generic unlawful IFF version of the FL IFF.

There you have a compromise. Pirates arent forced to have a flashing sign that says "i can rob you", but they do show up as "I'm shady, so maybe be careful of me."

It would end up in this way:
"Every Outlaw IFF ship is illegal in X house."

Not to mention every trader WILL run away without RP.

MATES, given the Pirate ID has that disguise, the non-House space should be damn dangerous! Traders should fear outside the House Space. We shouldn't make Disco more casual and easier for traders than it is, I say! Freelancer IFF on Pirate ID should stay, because Independent Systems are DAMN DANGEROUS. If you didn't know it is a pirate, it's your fault, not fault of the rules or IFF allowance. All than can be blame is just you, for not scanning the ship.

This is not kindergarden.

Space is dangerous and you shouldn't trust anyone outside "safe" House Space. For your knowledge, Freelancer can also kill you if you are a valiable target for him.

Space should stay dangerous.