Discovery Gaming Community
Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch (/showthread.php?tid=132047)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch - Fluffyball - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 11:01 AM)Antonio- Wrote: What are you talking about, max. profit on an ore run is 50 millions.
Last time it was 80 was in 4.85 when Dublin madness and Gold ore were popular.

I am sure I got 70 million recently... Oh well, fixed.

Fluffyball Wrote:What about we have some planets a respective unlawful faction backdoor instead? (Vide Leeds satelite.) This would make FR5 less overpowered (lets be honest about it - fear about being FR5 kills potential smuggler roleplay), but you can still smuggle cardamine as an Outcast or Hacker to Texas that way.

Limitation: Up to freighters.
Reason: Not to be OP too much.
Effect: Cooperation between smugglers with freighters and transports.
Possible outcome: Buffed up illegal cargo prices.
In my opinion, FR5 would make much more sense if it HARSHLY LIMITED not ENTIRELY KILLED the smuggling. Plus, we have /nodock command, which makes smuggler screwed up when caught.

RE: Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch - Laura C. - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 11:01 AM)Antonio- Wrote: What are you talking about, max. profit on an ore run is 50 millions.
Last time it was 80 was in 4.85 when Dublin madness and Gold ore were popular.
I´m not sure, but isn´t premium scrap sold in Gallia for 14k credits? Thus this would make 70 million profit on 5ker.

EDIT:
(07-29-2015, 11:04 AM)Fluffyball Wrote: In my opinion, FR5 would make much more sense if it HARSHLY LIMITED not ENTIRELY KILLED the smuggling and activity born in it. Plus, we have /nodock command, which makes smuggler screwed up when caught.
Some people keep talking about FR5s for smuggling, but I still can´t find that ton of changed reputation sanctions which obviously must be somewhere when you (and some others) talk about it as about something what is so very common that it "killed the smuggling". Can you point me out where are they?

Speaking for RFP|, only those who were doing stupid stuff like docking on lawful bases with cargo hold full of contraband to escape from police were reported and their rep changed (though this can be fixed by bribes) because it doesn´t make any sense inRP. But that was before /nodock era, since it was implemented this wasn´t necessary. However speaking about FR5s itself, we didn´t make any request for months.

RE: Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch - Jihadjoe - 07-29-2015

Station docking bays/mooring points stay closed until they recieve and accept a request to dock.

This is only applicable to planets, and then only to ships that are capable of entering atmosphere from space without assistance.

RE: Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch - Fluffyball - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 11:07 AM)Laura C. Wrote: Some people keep talking about FR5s for smuggling, but I still can´t find that ton of changed reputation sanctions which obviously must be somewhere when you (and some others) talk about it as about something what is so very common that it "killed the smuggling". Can you point me out where are they?

FL-ER withdrew from Rheinland because they were threaten with FR5, even though they paid every possible fine. Aside of that, I haven't seen any smuggler recently - I do not smuggle in fear of FR5, because some people are just, let's be straight about it, bad in interaction.

It is not about FR5 itself. It's all about being threaten with that.

This is why I believe additional points for unlawfuls (with e.g. Hacker IFF in Texas or FA IFF in Kyushu) on the far side of the planet would be better - limited to freighters.

RE: Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch - Laura C. - 08-16-2015

(07-29-2015, 03:55 PM)Fluffyball Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 11:07 AM)Laura C. Wrote: Some people keep talking about FR5s for smuggling, but I still can´t find that ton of changed reputation sanctions which obviously must be somewhere when you (and some others) talk about it as about something what is so very common that it "killed the smuggling". Can you point me out where are they?

FL-ER withdrew from Rheinland because they were threaten with FR5, even though they paid every possible fine. Aside of that, I haven't seen any smuggler recently - I do not smuggle in fear of FR5, because some people are just, let's be straight about it, bad in interaction.

It is not about FR5 itself. It's all about being threaten with that.

This is why I believe additional points for unlawfuls (with e.g. Hacker IFF in Texas or FA IFF in Kyushu) on the far side of the planet would be better - limited to freighters.
Searching something, I found this reply so I will answer it, despite little late. FL-ER was never threatened with FR5, where did you get that? They were threatened with further consequencies because they were caught systematically smuggling (what else should police do if we catch ships of same organizations smuggling for fourth of fifth time?). If you want to do unlawful jobs, you must count with consequencies. But in this case those consequencies would be declaring whole organization as criminal one and chasing them in Rheinland, but that definitely doesn´t mean FR5ing them.

And as I said in another discussion about this topic, still nobody proved FR5s are massively used against smugglers and I´m starting to get impression that it´s not FR5s what is killing smuggling, but spreading this unproven rumour between players. As you yourself said:
Quote:It is not about FR5 itself. It's all about being threaten with that.
So far it seems that it´s smuggler players themselves who are haunting other players with FR5s and discourage them from trying to play smugglers.

RE: Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch - Traxit - 08-16-2015

Oh look, a thread like this exists.

Absolutely no. Seriously, you want people to have an easy way out and you want them to even escape from an Interaction/PvP situation by docking on a hostile base because lol cloaking tech?

How does it even make sense iRP? "Oh, it seems there is some invisible object in one of the hangars that takes up some space, meh, i'll just ignore it"

RE: Cloaks and docking on hostile stations: Spice it up a knotch - Binski - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 09:37 AM)Traxit Wrote: Oh look, a thread like this exists.

Absolutely no. Seriously, you want people to have an easy way out and you want them to even escape from an Interaction/PvP situation by docking on a hostile base because lol cloaking tech?

How does it even make sense iRP? "Oh, it seems there is some invisible object in one of the hangars that takes up some space, meh, i'll just ignore it"

Not everything makes perfect sense in the game. Remember the entire ship to planet/star size ratio thing? There's always the concept of 'sneaking' on board. Besides I didn't say remove the docking message, so if someone wants to dock and die and risk docking on a hostile base, I see no problem with leaving it up to them. Otherwise, to make it would be good smuggling, assuming you're a transport docking where you shouldn't.

Also, even now a pirate can destroy and take another ship's cargo, dump it on a POB and switch it to another ship. I see something like being able to do that as a skill, and if it can be achieved, sure why not. Its enticement adding to the value of cloaks, and further ups the stakes in piracy of high value cargo. In my case I won't be pirating in anything other than the pelican or a freighter so I don't usually cargo pirate myself. Maybe that would be good to get people to do that sort of thing more often! I see that as a good thing! In fact I'd love to get a Ptrans again just for that if it was allowed.

So to be honest I would like to see this option implemented, even totally independent of cloaks. Make something else that can be done or equipped to allow this option, and even open it to non cloaking, yet ID hostile ships (non snubs). To me it made sense to add it to the cloak. I certainly don't see planet base sell points as ludicrous, so what if you sneak through and land on a private pad.

I shall continue to dream...