Discovery Gaming Community
Vote for the name of 4.88 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Vote for the name of 4.88 (/showthread.php?tid=132909)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Ramke - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 06:47 PM)jammi Wrote: Nah, that stuff is due for .89 so far as I know - next mod update. That's why I wondered why people were asking about what's happening next when we're trying to name the current version.

For the people asking who picked the names: it looks like the chaps in green picked their favourites from this thread.

Oh my goodness. I genuinely thought it's the naming for the next version.. I'm such a stupid. :|

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Corile - 11-12-2015

I really liked Homecoming from that thread the most.

But from those... I mean, they are indeed kind of generic. So I went with the most generic one.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Querious - 11-12-2015

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! MY THREAD ACTUALLY GOT THIS POPULAR?!! Just.................wow. I know it wasn't my idea, but it was obviously my thread that made this idea gain more traction recently. Now I can officially say that I've helped change Discovery Freelancer in a visible manner, which was one of the items on my bucket list. Thanks to everyone involved. You really made my day.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Black Widow - 11-12-2015

Deadlock makes the most sense out of the 4 names above given the current state of affairs in the storyline.

4.87 we had Conquest, with Gallia's incursion steamrolling into Bretonia being the main event.

Then with 4.88, the war between Gallia and allies is still raging. Bretonia has lost much of its territory and is now severely weakened (practically on its knees). It allies are scattered and in disorientation, prior to liberty joining the fight there was complete disarray. Allowing Gallia to push further into Bretonia, now with Battleship stations in Manchester. They are trying to get into New London via a side entrance!

At the same time they have also move a battleship into Magellan, probably to halt further advances by the allies into Leeds / keep liberty back from the main front (Leeds). As we all know whoever holds Leeds holds the advantage in this fight.

So yeh Gallia are now knocking on Liberty's door. But Liberty are still one of the most powerful houses in Sirius, probably the most well equipped after Gallia. So it maybe that Gallia has met its match in Liberty so there is stalemate.

No one knows where the fight could go next, there is DEADLOCK.

In other areas of Sirius, the War between Liberty and Rheinland has come to a halt with a temporary ceasefire in place. Rheinland is severely weakened by the war, its economy is in tatters due to both the war and Interspace pulling out New Berlin. Possible civil war could also be brewing in Rheinland with Hessians gaining strength from miners and other lower class workers unhappy with the current government.

Potential civil war could be raging in Kusari between the Republican Guard and Blood Dragons.

So as you can see there is currently Deadlock everywhere, the future is not certain for all involved!

The balance of power in the Omicrons has shifted, with the rise in power of the Core. As well the potential threat from a reinvigorated Nomad force.

Looking at the other names:

Occupation well that is kind of similar to Conquest in that when you Conquer something you occupy it which has already happened, also what else is currently being occupied?

Attrition I dont really get that one?

Domination, no one is currently dominating as the fighting in most theaters has reached stalemate / Deadlock.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Lythrilux - 11-12-2015

I'd rather tag the mod with something related to the Kusari Civil war than Gallia. We should avoid advertising Gallia until we're able to flesh it out and make it an active and attractive aspect of the mod for players to play with.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Char Aznable - 11-12-2015

What about Discovery: Warlords or Discovery: Sengoku? (I know, very Kusari-focused, but we could come up with a new name for every major story update. Shouldn't be that hard.)

As for the current mod-version (before the civil war etc) Deadlock seems to be the most appropriate.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - pillow - 11-12-2015

None of those get the medal on my side. Won't vote here.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Bohnenquark - 11-12-2015

In german, i would say: die Wahl zwischen Pest und Cholera.... But in the Forum i say: We need a Name. I have chosen!

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Alestone - 11-12-2015

Onslaught

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Sciamach - 11-12-2015

Just to add a few new suggestions to the pool:

4.88 Insurgency
4.88 Fracture
4.88 Dissension
4.88 Stalemate
4.88 Shattered Fronts
4.88 Discord