Discovery Gaming Community
Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes (/showthread.php?tid=133839)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Miaou - 12-14-2015

Just use a freelancer ID. I've been saying this for a while now, and it makes the most sense. Currently, there is no lore/rp about GRN giving anyone access to it's ships. It really didn't make sense in the first place, but I was hoping you would do the roleplay beforehand.

Unless you weren't going to use GRN tech in the first place, which then begs the question why you want to use the GJ ID in the at all.

(12-14-2015, 03:36 PM)Oldum Wrote: Don't get me wrong, the idea is good, as Gauls don't have an "intelligence angency" yet, however mixing spies and privateers is a little tough imo.

GRN| does have a intel branch called ONI, which I'm trying to rework and bring back to live.

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - The Savage - 12-14-2015

GJ ID made Junkers to be Sirian spies. It was retconned, for reasons explained by Lyth one day. But then, Gallia is so far the only house without Nomad tech access, which doesn't make sense at all, since Trade Lane tech is a Daam K'vosh/Nomad technology.

Is the Coalition-Gallia lore still supported?

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Sciamach - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 04:19 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: GJ ID made Junkers to be Sirian spies. It was retconned, for reasons explained by Lyth one day. Also, Gallia is so far the only house without Nomad tech access, which doesn't make sense at all, since Trade Lane tech is a Daam K'vosh/Nomad technology.

the GJ being spies RP was retconned, and the GJs now rendered a moot point now that they've been hunted to extinction.

and as far as gate/lane tech: it was explained at one point that the Gallics managed to find their own miniature Valhalla One that gave them the tech. It's not the solution I would have gone for but hey whateverz

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - The Savage - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 04:21 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 04:19 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: GJ ID made Junkers to be Sirian spies. It was retconned, for reasons explained by Lyth one day. Also, Gallia is so far the only house without Nomad tech access, which doesn't make sense at all, since Trade Lane tech is a Daam K'vosh/Nomad technology.

the GJ being spies RP was retconned, and the GJs now rendered a moot point now that they've been hunted to extinction.

and as far as gate/lane tech: it was explained at one point that the Gallics managed to find their own miniature Valhalla One that gave them the tech. It's not the solution I would have gone for but hey whateverz

I'm still quite surprised how they managed to be undetected, since they actually came to Sirius last.

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Miaou - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 04:21 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: the GJ being spies RP was retconned, and the GJs now rendered a moot point now that they've been hunted to extinction.

Actually, it was more Solar Engineering developing the technology itself. The roleplay that the Gallic junkers stole the tech was reconned, but them being spies (among other people from Gallia) was not. Details of early Sirian gates taken, but not straight up stolen.

It's not really a thing that is discussed too well. Hell, jumpgates into themselves isn't explain in how they work.

But this is all a little off topic. GJ screwed up by losing it's favour with the Crown, that's why their stations got overran. That's why they don't exist anymore, on top of the ID never being used and it ending up being a redundant faction on the OORP side of things.

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Euca - 12-18-2015

lyth's dream of gallic privateers is always one step too far away :c