Discovery Gaming Community
Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) (/showthread.php?tid=136782)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Tommeh - 03-07-2016

I for one agree with Lythrilux here.
I am part of Order for loong time now, and if one problem was always there it is that one mentioned in OP.
Nomads have always been outnumbered when it comes to fights. Majority of existing ships in Omicrons are capitals.
And when Order and Core lock on common enemy aka Nomads it ends always in same way.
Each of these faction seperately have larger playerbase then Nomads, even without indies.
Give them indies access to capitals, make Omicrons bit more dangerous both for Order and Core, give it a trial period, month or two, if it ends up with non minimum-rp marduk spam, just return to previous state. If not, tweak it a bit, and leave it be.
I suggested this few times in past to give it a trial run, but no one even wanted to consider it.

Let's face it, any activity, even if it invovles quick killing of Marduk spam is better then no activity.
These days when marduk does show up everyone hurls on their cap to shoot it, and then alley is forced to spam npc marduks to even the odds a bit which doesn't really mean much oorply as they are to easy to kill, instead of giving real targets to those pesky Order and Core.
General idea is good IMO, just needs bit of tweaking to avoid obvious abuses that might occur.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Lythrilux - 03-07-2016

+1 to everything you said Tommeh but one thing you said stood out in particular:

(03-07-2016, 11:41 PM)Tommeh Wrote: These days when marduk does show up everyone hurls on their cap to shoot it, and then alley is forced to spam npc

This is pretty much standard of K'Hara PvP interactions these days. It's not a bad thing, but it really shows the disparity between what they fight and what they can actually bring to the fight in the attempt to balance it. My suggestion gives them a chance to even the odds, without needing to rely on NPCs.

To K'Hara and Wild players at more or less every Nomad 'Event' in the past year: Remember how (speaking as a Wild player here) we'd log in to defend whatever our alien objective is to get our faces smashed in by superior numbers and ships? Even getting indies involved barely helped because they either don't exist or have anything helpful to field.

There's really not a reason not to open up the ID a bit further for the sake of better gameplay for everyone. So far all I see in this thread is K'Hara fretting (at various degrees) over the possibility of their caps being used by people not in K'Hara. Don't worry though, you'll still have your edge. The edge in K'Hara over your indies would be that you can take these caps into other places in Sirius, outside of the restricted areas.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Alley - 03-07-2016

your core indies are for the most part out of control, I don't think we want to see the same thing happen with free kill no rp battleships all over the omicrons. Considering it's you that's going to die, I don't really care if you want to go ahead with this. It's like people here needs to learn it the hard way over and over.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - nOmnomnOm - 03-08-2016

(03-07-2016, 11:59 PM)Alley Wrote: your core indies are for the most part out of control, I don't think we want to see the same thing happen with free kill no rp battleships all over the omicrons. Considering it's you that's going to die, I don't really care if you want to go ahead with this. It's like people here needs to learn it the hard way over and over.

but nomad npc spam is way more out of control than player indies flying around. :|
besides the fact that npcs can be contained I guess

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Lythrilux - 03-08-2016

(03-07-2016, 11:59 PM)Alley Wrote: your core indies are for the most part out of control, I don't think we want to see the same thing happen with free kill no rp battleships all over the omicrons. Considering it's you that's going to die, I don't really care if you want to go ahead with this. It's like people here needs to learn it the hard way over and over.

The most out of control I've seen my indies is when Joe.Chopperfield took a trip to Minor and chopped up Order| who were RPing or something, and even then that's very, uh, minor. I think we're being too critical of the abilities of indies. The only bad thing that makes my indie crowd stand out from the rest is that there's not enough.

And why would the battleships be free? And as I said they have to RP now in accordance to recent rule updates.

The Omicrons get a few more people flying around in Battleships. I've died my fair few share of times in disco pvp, I'm not going to get upset if Nomads shoot me too - they already don't do it enough. And if I do get killed many times, so what? Are we going to nerf an ID based purely on losing fights? That would be strange. If it's in regards to transports, there's a transport friendly version of my concept in the OP I guess.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Jack_Henderson - 03-08-2016

No. Simple as that.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Lythrilux - 03-08-2016

But why? It's not 'simple as that'. It's good to elaborate your point. If I wanted one word answers on the matter I would've just made a poll.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Jack_Henderson - 03-08-2016

OKay. Then quote you, and this is not made up but was written by nomad trial:

XXXX:**..'Ours' ~learn/enjoy~ 'yours' (jolly)..**
XXXX:**..'Ours' ~joy~ -raging- 'Rockbadgers' (jolly)..**
XXXX: **..'Ours' ~joy~ ~farming~ 'Rockbadgers'..**

Do you want such people on Cruisers and Battleships?
And these were not even indies, but players who want to get into the official faction.

Imagine the amount of trolling, harrassing and generally idiocy become possible when you give your suggested ID to people that are even worse than these and who are not under control by anybody and do not have to justify their actions?

Also your ZoI is a joke!
Indie Marduks in Omega 7 and 3?
Thank you. No.

(03-08-2016, 12:51 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: OKay. Then quote you, and this is not made up but was written by nomad trial:

And these were not even indies, but players who want to get into the official faction.

Imagine the amount of trolling, harrassing and generally idiocy become possible when you give your suggested ID to people that are even worse than these and who are not under control by anybody and do not have to justify their actions?

I'll just shoot them and kill them. Problem solved - if there even is one in the first place. Those quotes don't really bother me. It's not like the interaction will differ from raids and PvP encounters, unless these people take these ships and actually - to the shock of K'Hara and other people in this thread - roleplay with the indie Nomad ID. You make it sound like it'd occur on a daily basis, but that's the sort of thing that could pretty much happen with any ID. It'd be silly to assume that this will become the definitive standard of RP among these indies, simply because they get access to caps. It sound like you just had an experience with a bad egg.

Hell, even right now that's not the norm in the (tiny) Nomad indiebase

(03-08-2016, 12:51 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Also your ZoI is a joke!
Thank you. No.

Omega-7 and Omega-3 aren't Edge Worlds. Omega-7 and Omega-3 also don't have jump gates. Please read the ID properly Jack.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - E X O D I T E - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 12:51 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: OKay. Then quote you, and this is not made up but was written by nomad trial:

Also your ZoI is a joke!
Thank you. No.

Do you want me to bring up a certain Rabisu that mentions inserting phallic plastic objects into the rectums of people?
Or the increasing prevalence of OoRPly-named Rabisus by well-established members of the community?
The playerbase for indie Nomads can already be described as cancerous, and tbh, I want practice murdering lone Duks that aren't NPCs, because K'Hara rush.