Discovery Gaming Community
Forum Warning - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Forum Warning (/showthread.php?tid=141870)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Forum Warning - Thyrzul - 08-10-2016

(08-10-2016, 11:49 AM)Juan_Arquero Wrote: I can't see the warning levels on other players' accounts, so other players could have 90% warning levels, but I'll never know it unless they post about it and I happen to read that post.

Aaaand if they post about it, anyone, including admins, will be able to see the person bragging about their "90% and not banned yet" "accomplishment". I can see that as a +10% magnet.

RE: Forum Warning - Backo - 08-10-2016

(08-10-2016, 12:40 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 11:49 AM)Juan_Arquero Wrote: I can't see the warning levels on other players' accounts, so other players could have 90% warning levels, but I'll never know it unless they post about it and I happen to read that post.

Aaaand if they post about it, anyone, including admins, will be able to see the person bragging about their "90% and not banned yet" "accomplishment". I can see that as a +10% magnet.

That's weak. Real trolls should brag about maintaining 0% after relentlessly s***posting! That's where the real skill is at!

RE: Forum Warning - Blackvertigo1 - 08-10-2016

If I could see the %'s of others, this would become into a hierarchy of stupidity. Eventually.

EDIT 1: Not Modula, Percentage.

RE: Forum Warning - Juan_Arquero - 08-11-2016

(08-10-2016, 12:10 PM)sasapinjic Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 11:36 AM)oZoneRanger(III) Wrote: 2 cents.

This will create a situation where certain players are looking to have the high warning level and still stay in-game or on the forums. It rewards trolls with a badge of honor for all to see.

It also seems a bit arbitrary and open to complaints of Bias. What forum behavior warrants a 10% warning? Who do you need to piss off to get it to 50%?

A stop light....Green, Yellow, Red or a Three strikes system, might work just as well, without giving people a numerical goal to aim for and stay under.
So , some bloke want to have lets say 95 % warning level and risk banning just that he can take a screen-shot of it and brag in flood "i have 95 % warning level" ?
I don't believe anyone is that dumb , but if i am wrong he is welcomed to do it , but he better be prepared to be absolutly calm for hole a month or he just rig 6 Month bann to him self ! Aww
Apparently, you missed the last post by The Kitty (i.e. an admin) that explained that the forums software can only handle increments of 10% which means that a warning level of 95% is impossible to "achieve" (if you want to call that an achievement). In other words, if "some bloke" has gotten over a 90% warning level, then he has already reached 100% and already been banned, so he can't post to brag about it.

Also, don't make the mistake of underestimating the stupidity that people can demonstrate. I've done that many times, only to witness levels of stupidity that I didn't think were possible -- until early this year, I was a taxi driver in a community that has a lot of stupid residents (mostly due to inbreeding) -- I've seen way too many examples of stupid/dangerous driving, but the scary part is that some of those drivers carry badges and guns.

RE: Forum Warning - sasapinjic - 08-15-2016

(08-11-2016, 06:01 AM)Juan_Arquero Wrote: Also, don't make the mistake of underestimating the stupidity that people can demonstrate. I've done that many times, only to witness levels of stupidity that I didn't think were possible -- until early this year, I was a taxi driver in a community that has a lot of stupid residents (mostly due to inbreeding) -- I've seen way too many examples of stupid/dangerous driving, but the scary part is that some of those drivers carry badges and guns.

Aww You are right , or as he will say :

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-only-two-things-are-infinite-the-universe-and-human-stupidity-and-i-m-not-sure-about-albert-einstein-8-72-92.jpg

linked due to its size ~Hannibal