Discovery Gaming Community
when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying (/showthread.php?tid=146519)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - Corile - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 04:58 AM)Petitioner Wrote: have you tried turning it off and then back on again sir

yes

funnily enough it worked

RE: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - Swallow - 12-28-2016

(12-26-2016, 01:32 PM)Corile Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 12:51 PM)Swallow Wrote: Debian.

> last version of nodejs in the repos: 0.10.37
:\

I bet compiling it would not take much time. A good half of my working apps are compiled and installed with checkinstall, another half is not installed and just lying in their build directories.
I like Debian, nevertheless because everything works less or more out of the box and there is no constant update on kernel in *buntu fashion.

Quote:I bet compiling it would not take much time
Well node has its own package manager so it's not that much of a problem. But the general tendency of everything on Debian being either old as hell or unstable af.

I'm gonna stick to Elementary for now I suppose (sun)

RE: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - Mickk - 12-28-2016

Windows 10 isn't so bad.

It took me a long time to upgrade to it and a little while to get used to how it works, but once I did, it's good.

Found a way to change the interface so it looks like the Win XP desktop, which is what I upgraded from.

Only real issue I've had so far is that it doesn't seem to like wireless dongles (not bluetooth), but otherwise it's been behaving itself quite well.

As for the 'turning it off and back on again' thing..... you would be amazed by the number of things that seem to fix themselves when you do that!

Note that you have to TURN IT OFF and not just software reset for it to work. Tongue

Quote:Windows 10 isn't so bad.
Sorry im gonna stick to my advanced operating system for programmers and pr0 computer users (sun)

RE: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - t0l - 12-28-2016

haha technology xD

RE: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - Backo - 12-28-2016

tbh fam, I run Windows 7 at home and I'm quite happy with it. Just use whatever OS you're comfortable with and don't be edgy "hurr durr my OS is better, yours is for noobs".

RE: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - Mickk - 12-29-2016

(12-28-2016, 11:20 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: tbh fam, I run Windows 7 at home and I'm quite happy with it. Just use whatever OS you're comfortable with and don't be edgy "hurr durr my OS is better, yours is for noobs".

What he said.

If you are happy with what you have, it's all good.

RE: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - Smokey - 12-29-2016

I don't use it, afterall why change what works..

..but, i've been watching these guys, some interesting stuff

They started out years ago as a Win95 clone/open-source project

https://www.reactos.org/

RE: when u manage to boot windows after 8 hours of trying - Corile - 12-29-2016

Quote:"hurr durr my OS is better, yours is for noobs".
my os is better, mine is for noobs (sun)

Quote:They started out years ago as a Win95 clone/open-source project
Yeah, and they are still on Windows 95.

React is a valiant effort, but ultimately I don't think they'll do much in terms of Windows application support. I mean, yeah, they've got some old apps running well but so does Wine so what's the point?

And I mean, if you spend 18 years and are not even out of alpha then something is going very slowly.