Discovery Gaming Community
A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI (/showthread.php?tid=14836)

Pages: 1 2 3

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Elvin - 01-01-2009

' Wrote:I will agree with Jihad Joe on this one, set it up ahead of time that way everyone is on the same page and there are no itchy trigger fingers.

With NY being the most populated system, the locals have had a lot pulled on them, and as such, a wee bit paranoid, for good reason.

As an example of an event that is being set up, check out Reverend Dels, Jihad Joe, and Unselie's Rescue of FastJack.

Frankly I don't have 3 factions and 20 people to get dragged in, nor I want to do so much ruckus and a huge fight about it (Both for I don't feel like it, and it would be totally wrong for my story)... The explanations will be later on in my story... But not before we will pull that of. I know it was just an example, do not throw stones on me!

I simply , to continue, do need to make an exchange of hostages, for certain prisoners from Sugarland (In that case, the commodity "prisoner" would be sufficient I belive). Well, Aynways we will try to pull it of with Joe, and well see what will be done. The main and most important thing is to not have "I have the hosta-" *PEWPEWPEW* cases around.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - casero - 01-01-2009

As I said before, my advice is, take your hostages, and go close to a planet or the sun, some part of the loot always go to the atmosphere and they're destroyed. That's the only thing I can recomend to try to avoid those guy ruining RP with the "all hostages are safe".
I proude to say, I didn't save all the hostages the last time, I have saved %15 I guess... the navy failed that time, but the players had a lot of fun.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Elvin - 01-01-2009

' Wrote:As I said before, my advice is, take your hostages, and go close to a planet or the sun, some part of the loot always go to the atmosphere and they're destroyed. That's the only thing I can recomend to try to avoid those guy ruining RP with the "all hostages are safe".
I proude to say, I didn't save all the hostages the last time, I have saved %15 I guess... the navy failed that time, but the players had a lot of fun.

Seriously, commiting suicide, together with hostages... No... that's not my RP either. The way of making it as a small RP event with Official factions is the best way to avoid... *pewpewpew* "All secure" ... I don't want to do it on regular basis, nor as provocation, nor for money, it is no more and no less than part of my story.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - casero - 01-01-2009

I'm not saying suicide, just be close to the planet, if they kill you, the hostages will die in the atmosphere. But, if you're going to do an event with this, better yet.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Contaan - 01-02-2009

Well, I was on my LN character (Galen Anderson) with Casero when the terroist attacked and hijacked the transport near Chisos. I would agree with Casero to stay near a planet to make a hostage situation more dire. The terroist, Black Diamond RPed to fly away in his ship or escape pod as Casero and I made a deal. His life for the lives of the passengers that were on the transport. He also roleplayed that he programed the ship to fly into the sun. So technically, you don't have to go down with your hostages. Even now, I'm roleplaying with Detective Larr and Alexander Shaw to try to find this terroist and this cult. Although this all came out of the blue, it working out great and its a lot of fun. Also, Casero is not part of the "official faction" but still roleplayed well and was not going in with guns blazing. Just have to watch out for the people that do go "pewpewpew".

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Elvin - 01-02-2009

' Wrote:Well, I was on my LN character (Galen Anderson) with Casero when the terroist attacked and hijacked the transport near Chisos. I would agree with Casero to stay near a planet to make a hostage situation more dire. The terroist, Black Diamond RPed to fly away in his ship or escape pod as Casero and I made a deal. His life for the lives of the passengers that were on the transport. He also roleplayed that he programed the ship to fly into the sun. So technically, you don't have to go down with your hostages. Even now, I'm roleplaying with Detective Larr and Alexander Shaw to try to find this terroist and this cult. Although this all came out of the blue, it working out great and its a lot of fun. Also, Casero is not part of the "official faction" but still roleplayed well and was not going in with guns blazing. Just have to watch out for the people that do go "pewpewpew".

Oh, sorry, I seriously haven't meant anything aginst indies, a lot of my characters are "indies" after all. It's not about faction, status, ship or ranks, it"s just about the person who sits on the other side of the line. But, you have the point with the sun, I have actually thought that you mean it like " Run, run into the sun" hehe. Well, We agreed that the best way will be to make it as an small event, to fully avoid (Or almost fully) unwanted contacts with trigger-happy random people. We will plan something with Joe, I guess.

Alsou, there is the problem with this character of mine, I am taking this one very seriously, and as such, I don't to loose the ship, not in sun, not thanks to guns of others. It is supposed to be heavy-modifyied ship, and as such, its no fun to rebuild it. We CAN'T end up with sun-diving, no matter the situation ... Yeah, I am crazy.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Contaan - 01-02-2009

Quote:Oh, sorry, I seriously haven't meant anything aginst indies, a lot of my characters are "indies" after all. It's not about faction, status, ship or ranks, it"s just about the person who sits on the other side of the line. But, you have the point with the sun, I have actually thought that you mean it like " Run, run into the sun" hehe. Well, We agreed that the best way will be to make it as an small event, to fully avoid (Or almost fully) unwanted contacts with trigger-happy random people. We will plan something with Joe, I guess.

Alsou, there is the problem with this character of mine, I am taking this one very seriously, and as such, I don't to loose the ship, not in sun, not thanks to guns of others. It is supposed to be heavy-modifyied ship, and as such, its no fun to rebuild it. We CAN'T end up with sun-diving, no matter the situation ... Yeah, I am crazy.

Don't worry mate and I do agree with your point on indies. There are good RPers out there who aren't part of the "official faction" and there are also people that do like to just buy the biggest baddest battleship out there. Just saying you have to watch out for the latter because it really is no fun if they come in and ruin anyone's RP event. Also, the RP I am doing with this terroist involves him boarding passenger ships and pretty much killing all aboard by hacking the autopilot and driving it into the sun while he goes off on his fighter and flees. Of course this is a different character and RP and is made to induce terror. Hehe, should be an awesome RP if you are this crazy about it.

' Wrote:Don't worry mate and I do agree with your point on indies. There are good RPers out there who aren't part of the "official faction" and there are also people that do like to just buy the biggest baddest battleship out there. Just saying you have to watch out for the latter because it really is no fun if they come in and ruin anyone's RP event. Also, the RP I am doing with this terroist involves him boarding passenger ships and pretty much killing all aboard by hacking the autopilot and driving it into the sun while he goes off on his fighter and flees. Of course this is a different character and RP and is made to induce terror. Hehe, should be an awesome RP if you are this crazy about it.

Well, its not about official/indie, let's just say that when you meet someone from official faction, there is a much lesser chance that he will be a jerk.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Titan - 01-02-2009

I agree with Dusty here, the problem with hostage situations is that they happen far too often, several times a night at least. I logged in two times in the past week and I saw 4 hostage situations, all of which were kind of similar to what Dusty mentioned. That makes us rather...well, not interested in such things. Hence why it is better to plan such events beforehand so you don't get ignored/shot by the first person that comes across you.

Also...

Quote:Well, its not about official/indie, let's just say that when you meet someone from official faction, there is a much lesser chance that he will be a jerk.

I'm in charge of the LN and I'm probably the biggest jerk you can find;)

' Wrote:I agree with Dusty here, the problem with hostage situations is that they happen far too often, several times a night at least. I logged in two times in the past week and I saw 4 hostage situations, all of which were kind of similar to what Dusty mentioned. That makes us rather...well, not interested in such things. Hence why it is better to plan such events beforehand so you don't get ignored/shot by the first person that comes across you.

Also...
I'm in charge of the LN and I'm probably the biggest jerk you can find;)

Talon, mister John Talon. Do not be fooled, I know you and we've had a lot of talks before a long, long time... And I admit... I was kind of a jerk, back in these times as well. Altough, you are not a jerk, you are roleplaying...a jerk. *laughter* It is a fact that... Talon is kind of... pain-in-arse person, but I've actually meant the OoC kind of people, and that, you are not. Now... Just a stupid, very stupid question, if you are fully in charge... why I am speaking about the event with Joe?:D