Discovery Gaming Community
Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. (/showthread.php?tid=150884)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Alley - 06-10-2017

Adding even more layers will only cause the problem to be exponentially increased.

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Sombs - 06-10-2017

I think reminding the admins of ongoing SRP requests and change requests in the Remind The Admin thread once per month should be totally enough, instead of causing more procrastination by causing discussions and keeping to tell people that they need more people in their teams. Those don't drop from the sky. The only important thing that really needs to be done is making the right people aware of current requests - as for example Teerin didn't know there was a Unique Ship Request posted 1.5 months ago.

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Alley - 06-10-2017

To actually shed a light on this specific problem mentioned above, there is a problem with keeping up with the content of 7 or so subforums and it easily get lost in the huge amount of discussion that happen for each request. Eventually a panel of sorts is going to be made to more easily process (and compile) these requests in a single, unified interface.

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Wesker - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 07:39 PM)sindroms Wrote: That or the removal of the system altogether, since the implementation of such a group is impossible.
There were times before SRPs and people did very well without them, using the toys they had already access to in order to enjoy the game.

Pls no I am patient boy who doesn't nag for admin votes pls do not delete SRP cus few ppl are butthurt admin desicions don't happen fast.

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - The Syndicate Leagues - 06-10-2017

- please delete, thanks -

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Hannibal - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 07:47 PM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: Here's the system I would suggest:

SRP Team - 5/6 Members

1. SRP is reviewed.
2. Team Votes yay or nay
3. Team passes SRP up the chain with reasons for approval.
4. Final Vote is given and if approved Admin implementation is done.

Pro's:

1. Admins do not need to read over all the details thus less time needed as only a simple review is needed and a single vote.
2. Team would be held to standards of Moderators/Admins and rules accordingly.
3. Stress Reduced over timelines to get things completed.
(06-10-2017, 07:38 PM)Hannibal Wrote: From my experience that group of peoples with "same standards" as the aforementioned are what causing the delays and will take even longer if will happen or will see silly things getting approved because of friendships and sorts ...
(06-10-2017, 07:47 PM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: That's not what I meant by such. I was going at for rules wise in how they were to act in dealing with such.
But that is exactly what you meant by it
(06-10-2017, 08:20 PM)The Unioners Wrote: - please delete, thanks -
So you deleted it before finishing this reply.. however..
A way to sort request and such won't solve this problem because this is something that can take a few hours to read the rp and not just blindly approve it and then have to deal with it later, which happened quite a few times and it always end up in a awkward situation, even more so when done by a previous team..