Discovery Gaming Community
A sad notice about Rodent - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: A sad notice about Rodent (/showthread.php?tid=153642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - Kauket - 09-15-2017

This is really awful, I partially remember him when I was in Order| when I was lucky enough to be in there during its golden day, this was when Keepers and Order were probably the coolest factions at the time.

Really sad |:

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - Jihadjoe - 09-15-2017

This is extremely difficult news to hear. I last spoke to Rod on the 8th of august... I know he had malaria then, but he said he was recovering and would be fine... But I didn't hear about this until just today. I assumed he was taking some time away from the community we were involved in to get healthy again.

Rodent was a huge part of my time playing here, and despite my general reluctance to form close bonds with people in online communities, became one of very few exceptions to this. Prarabdh was a genuinely excellent example of a human. Decent to others, conscientious, creative, intelligent, insightful. He was one of a handful of ex-discovery players I kept in contact with in the years since I stopped playing here. Over the last year and a half or more, we got involved in a different RP community and have been continuing to tell stories there.

That time is something I value immensely, and his company something I enjoyed.

So those of you who know the guy, I ask you to raise a glass to someone we're lucky to have met. I'll miss him.

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - Pinko - 09-15-2017

Ah man, this is legit sad, I loved Rod. Sorry for the language, I haven't been part of this community for a while, but shit is fucked. I'm not feeling okay.

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - Exile - 09-15-2017

Till Vahalla, old friend. There will be glasses of mead for you.

If it has been mentioned already; apologies. If not, this is a great time to take a moment to donate to organisations combatting Malaria. There's a myriad if you hit Google up, and tiny bits help. It could prevent someone else losing a Rod of their own.

http://www.malaria.org

https://www.againstmalaria.com/Fundraiser.aspx?FundraiserID=35

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - Treewyrm - 09-15-2017

Rod was a cool guy. Among the nicest I've seen at disco. Ah, reminds me of good times. Also hi Ogan.

Pink elephants dream on.

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - J. Rainer - 09-15-2017

Divine here.

It saddens me to hear our friend Rodent left us this early age. He always was a joy to've around, his calm mind and neverending effort to satisfy whilst still holding up on his values was a beacon of sanity in the mess world is.
I personally had some of the most enjoybable RP and Skype-chats with him, albeit I didn't know him too well personally. In any regard, he's a great loss to overall humanity, where a single individual can restore faith in human behaviour; which he was a prime example of in terms of shining brightly.

I'll include him in my prayers to the Powers That Be and can only hope he's serving his time free of eternal pain at whatever place his soul gone to.

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - oZoneRanger - 09-15-2017

23´s Rodent, you will be missed around here.

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - Enkidu - 09-15-2017

Goodbye, Rodent. You're a wonderful person and I always remember laughing and smiling because of you. Thanks. You helped made Disco what it is.

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - Commissar - 09-16-2017

Thank you for telling us.

I had the pleasure of writing with Rodent off and on for a little under ten years. When I first stumbled, blind and lost, into the world of roleplaying, it was Rodent, more than any other, that sat down with me and plotted out characters and arcs, stories and scenes, scripts and factions.

We wrote tales of grim naval officers, cynical as the day is long, to wandering vagabonds, to secret agents, to just about everything in between. I know he even tried his hand at a post-apocalyptic story that he talked about one day working through to publication, and that he did end up writing a compendium of sci-fi short stories to accompany a music album a number of years ago.

When I finally left home behind and went travelling, Rodent, l3wt, Lambert, and I kept in touch, and I spent three months worth of evenings on skype at night, happily typing away with them. That only continued when we migrated to Arelith, and it was Rodent, more than anyone else, that dragged in all the friendly faces, old and new.

His death comes as as much of a shock to me as I suspect it does to many others here. He was a brilliant writer and, more than that, a brilliant friend, and will be sorely missed. I hope that the wonderful stories he wrote here; the noble Reginald Lewis, Ansel Xavier, Tawaret, Leslie Durant, and all the others, will live on for many years. I know that I won't soon forget them.

RE: A sad notice about Rodent - Kamida Assembly - 09-16-2017

Well i saw that man once in game he was really nice guy good friend, i am sad thste he passed away he is so young, Rest in peace my friend. Sad