Discovery Gaming Community
Its me again. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Its me again. (/showthread.php?tid=15424)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Its me again. - D56 - 01-16-2009

' Wrote:Thanks D56. Yeah. The reason was in the sanction. I believe it went like... "This seems not to be working well enough to
discourage players from personally aimed profanities, so 30 days it is with the loss of all credits and guns.". Nice. I get banned my first day, on my first offense. Because other people keep saying flames. Great. Like I know you have this problem.

As for PMing the admin. I did. He ignored me.
I won't let THE COMMUNITY let another person go. If you admit you were wrong, and type it down, I'll make sure someone....worthy stop by your case. You look like a decent rookie. So I hope you won't leave for the certain people here. ;)

Its me again. - Zetoe - 01-16-2009

Great, now we got kinseth ranting about his ban on a thread he didn't mean for it. Kinseth, make these people like you more, They may be sarcastic, and not care about the little people like you and I, but if they like you, they actually have reason to defend you if something like this happens again.

Its me again. - Marburg - 01-16-2009

A welcome thread is not the place to yap about sanctions. I will say however that a 14-day ban is not extreme in the least for that type of offence. It is after all, the minimum baseline.

There is absolutely no valid excuse to use profanity on the server as the warnings not to do that sort of thing are posted automatically & repeatedly by the server console in big letters.

Now, if this is to be a welcome thread, then let's get on topic

...Now.

-Burg

Its me again. - Kinseth - 01-16-2009

Okay. I did this once. I admitted the entire fault upon myself. Thats the thread that got deleted. I will do it again however. Im not proud.

It was my fault. Fully and entirely. It was my first day, I merely was asking why we had to leave rhienland and became frustrated when we did not get a straight answer. I could have just done by business and gone on my way. But I was new and wanted to roleplay a bit. Once I had my reason I was going to accept it and go on my way. Simple as that. However it did not go as planned and a fight broke out. we lost and I lost a great some of money for it and seeing as it was my first day and I was showing the game to a friend new to freelancer I was afraid that my friend would give up freelancer because of what had happened. this anger mixed with the guilt that I felt caused me to improperly lose my temper over a game and I would like to apologize for it. The player in question knows who he is and I offer him a sincere apology for the insults I inflicted upon him.

Okay, on topic, got it...uh...mm...huh...What was the topic again? (not being sarcastic), something about this being a fun topic for anything, and kinseths introduction...something...

Its me again. - jshkornmiller - 01-16-2009

maturity is not a common thing amongst people these days, some of us have it some don't. just because you're at a computer possibly thousands of miles away, don't mean you can swaer and threaten people. you will be punished. no matter if it is your first time or not. it's like this here

Example one:

You're pulled over by a state trooper for speeding. it is your first offense. you were driving at 95 mph in a 60mph zone, Will the trooper give you a warning because it was your first offense, no, here's your $125 ticket. have a nice day.

Example two:

You work at the local Mcdonalds. you're taking orders in the Drive Thru. a costumer pulls up and asks for several items, but then flames you because evertime he comes in, he gets cold fries and and sloppy burgers. he directs this to you and tells you to make sure it does not happen again. You give him his food and he pulls away. A couple moments later, he walks inside the lobby and tosses the food on the counter and eemands his money back swearing. he is very upset. and now he targets you and flames you for not checking the food. You look back at him, you had a bad day so far and this guy pushed the limit you could handle, so you open up on him with threats and swear words. telling him he should go to burgerking and never come back again. Now, your boss over heard what you said. he pulls you into the office. do you think, because this is your first offense that he will not fire or suspend you for several days without pay? No, your ass is gone.

Those are real life happenings. so back to what i was saying is. Just because we cannot see you, find you or anything, does not make it okay to open up and curse, flame and threaten people on this server. Even on the forums does this have consequences.

Maybe though, like building your favorite Lego set. or anything else you build, you should of read the rules. Now my meaning here is, Maybe before you started playing and building up your character, you should of read the rules first. Or even payed attention to the messages that scroll across the screen time and time over.

Now, i also know that some people will make you very angery on this game, beleive me it has happened to me a lot of times. but the smart thing to do is to just turn the game off and go do something else. or like me, go and punch things like the wall of other things, after a couple of moments, you'll feel better and you can come back on and play again.

anyway, i hope this has helped you.

~Malak

Its me again. - Orin - 01-16-2009

That's very good of you, Kinseth. No one will hold anything against you if you have that kind of attitude.

' Wrote:maturity is not a common thing amongst people these days, some of us have it some don't. just because you're at a computer possibly thousands of miles away, don't mean you can swaer and threaten people. you will be punished. no matter if it is your first time or not. it's like this here

Example one:

You're pulled over by a state trooper for speeding. it is your first offense. you were driving at 95 mph in a 60mph zone, Will the trooper give you a warning because it was your first offense, no, here's your $125 ticket. have a nice day.

Example two:

You work at the local Mcdonalds. you're taking orders in the Drive Thru. a costumer pulls up and asks for several items, but then flames you because evertime he comes in, he gets cold fries and and sloppy burgers. he directs this to you and tells you to make sure it does not happen again. You give him his food and he pulls away. A couple moments later, he walks inside the lobby and tosses the food on the counter and eemands his money back swearing. he is very upset. and now he targets you and flames you for not checking the food. You look back at him, you had a bad day so far and this guy pushed the limit you could handle, so you open up on him with threats and swear words. telling him he should go to burgerking and never come back again. Now, your boss over heard what you said. he pulls you into the office. do you think, because this is your first offense that he will not fire or suspend you for several days without pay? No, your ass is gone.
Those are real life happenings. so back to what i was saying is. Just because we cannot see you, find you or anything, does not make it okay to open up and curse, flame and threaten people on this server. Even on the forums does this have consequences.

Maybe though, like building your favorite Lego set. or anything else you build, you should of read the rules. Now my meaning here is, Maybe before you started playing and building up your character, you should of read the rules first. Or even payed attention to the messages that scroll across the screen time and time over.

Now, i also know that some people will make you very angery on this game, beleive me it has happened to me a lot of times. but the smart thing to do is to just turn the game off and go do something else. or like me, go and punch things like the wall of other things, after a couple of moments, you'll feel better and you can come back on and play again.

anyway, i hope this has helped you.

~Malak

I had assumed we we went over this, and he apologized, and we already knew he wasn't going to get off the hook like that, but yeah, I like the examples you gave. Good show!:D

Its me again. - Kinseth - 01-16-2009

' Wrote:Now, i also know that some people will make you very angery on this game, beleive me it has happened to me a lot of times. but the smart thing to do is to just turn the game off and go do something else. or like me, go and punch things like the wall of other things, after a couple of moments, you'll feel better and you can come back on and play again.

~Malak

Smart to punch wallz? Jk

Back to topic. I rather like this thread. Lets not wreck it.

I like this example better, if someone comes up and punches you for no reason, you should ask why, if he punches you again, you should laugh about it and walk away with a nose bleed....thats how it works right?:D