Discovery Gaming Community
Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? (/showthread.php?tid=156242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - SnakThree - 12-15-2017

I'd love to start repairing Jump Gate, but that requires a response from RheinGov.

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Mr.Mike. - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 11:26 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: The problem is that most people don't really give a damn about the decisions the Story Devs make. It's almost as if they are playing a different game than the community. People are more interested in dynamic story opportunities in areas where people actually play, not where they would like to see more activity.

If you want dynamics, then throw out Story Devs. Most often, the interest lies just in the fact that the player can do it himself and how it can affect the future of Sirius.

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Sombs - 12-15-2017

Past has proven otherwise.

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Mr.Mike. - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 11:40 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Past has proven otherwise.

It depends on what kind of past you mean.

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Toris - 12-15-2017

In short, this community is like:

a) Story Devs do nothing - "we need something fresh!"
b) Story Devs do something - "we do not need that!"

And then you wonder why there is no storyline progress.

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Sombs - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 11:43 AM)Mr.Mike. Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 11:40 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Past has proven otherwise.

It depends on what kind of past you mean.

For a very long time people have begged for GRN to receive ZoI in California, and in the end they received it only when it was already too late. GRN got disbanded, RN became inactive because Black Widow managed to get himself finally banned and MRG is currently not at the height of their movitation and activity. The change came way too late.

Gallia also wanted to cause more activity in Kusari as a result of the Kyushu Massacre when the Kusarian showed themselves unable to deal with Gallia in a respecting way. Gallia then started a conflict with Kusari, and it was quickly shut down by the Story Devs. Long story short: While Gallia is one of the very few factions that had a playerbase that actively wanted to play the bad guys, it was shut down or forced to stagnation. Meanwhile you have some voices of Kusari that rather never log and never have activity instead of fighting something. Not that the Kusari Civil War caught any attention either.

The last time it was very clear how now much people didn't really care about Story decisions was the NEMP on Fulda, which had a few days of activity that got significantly overshadowed by the rising tensions in Omicron Delta and the Port Carthage Siege. Omicron Delta had without forced events times with 20 people in the system quite often while during the final battle for Carthage we had managed to get 30-40 people in Delta and adjacent systems. Be the RP reasoning and the circlejerks that in the end managed to get Carthage destroyed as stupid as they were, people logged for it. It had stakes. There was something at risk that would decide over the future in Delta. No pre-script.

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Thyrzul - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 11:04 AM)Skorak Wrote: Gmg seems to be entirely uninterested in the war at all. It'd be more beneficial to support other areas.

Like California?

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Shelco - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 11:17 AM)Toris Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 11:14 AM)Shelco Wrote: Because nobody wanted this to happen.

Wrong? Entire lawful Rheinland playerbase (except for ALG) supports the idea to push story into that direction. We need a fresh war, especially with this idiotic plot-armor for Liberty and Bretonia still being a thing.

Honestly, this playerbase do not want to go out of their comfort zone and scream "burn that heretic" at everyone who DARE to bring up something fresh into that horrible stagnation which kills it slowly, day by day. That is why we cannot have nice things.

Then where are the players? No RM, no GMG, no nothing is going on, I have never seen a GMG ship shooting even an RM indie. They don't even bother to enter Sigma-13 and instead go elsewhere should they ever go online. This war is not interesting, no cap fights, no cool scenarios, there is nothing that makes people go there, obviously.

(12-15-2017, 11:17 AM)Mr.Mike. Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 11:14 AM)Shelco Wrote: Because nobody wanted this to happen.

Well, you do not want to help, as I see it.

I, for example, fly in Rheiland and are ready to fight against GMG. And to carry out RP-game with them. And you?

Seriously, guys. Be active. GMG themselves are not against this event. But you are also a part of this server. Help them!

And I lead a Rheinland faction that is 10k away from the Sigma-13 jumphole and go there every day. You just log your MND gunboat and pew us occasionally, never seen you around there either.

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Major. - 12-15-2017

Well, as a [RM] member and ex. leader... I need to say that the idea to have a war in the Sigmas was great, but... GMG has no capital ships which means, all of the RM cap indie pilots have nothing to shoot except snubs, but they know that this is bad and they don't do that.

Yes, I'm honestly interested into pewing GMG vessels on my [RM] tagged ships, but GMG isn't really interested into that war, and I understand that. If I were in a GMG faction, I wouldn't attack any RM vessel to get GMG into more and more problems.

Ps. Yes, the idea was great, but that was all.

ooRP, I'm more interested into moving further into XI or having a war against a actual house.

RE: Uncharted + Sigmas = ??? - Shelco - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 03:11 PM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: Well, as a [RM] member and ex. leader... I need to say that the idea to have a war in the Sigmas was great, but... GMG has no capital ships which means, all of the RM cap indie pilots have nothing to shoot except snubs, but they know that this is bad and they don't do that.

Yes, I'm honestly interested into pewing GMG vessels on my [RM] tagged ships, but GMG isn't really interested into that war, and I understand that. If I were in a GMG faction, I wouldn't attack any RM vessel to get GMG into more and more problems.

Ps. Yes, the idea was great, but that was all.

ooRP, I'm more interested into moving further into XI or having a war against a actual house.

I agree,