Discovery Gaming Community
Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs (/showthread.php?tid=158361)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Goliath - 02-22-2018

1) My Bismarck is only for RP.

2) Omicron Cap ships are kinda gloomy and edgy. Some people prefer vanilla stuff besides the hated Osiris of The Order.

3) Didn't say I RPed with RM. Neither that I will do.

Bringing a Bismarck in Delta is my choice, and you have absolutely no rights, neither the actual power to restrict that. (Maybe through Core Laws if I decide to respect them.)

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Enkidu - 02-22-2018

Players need to stop telling each other how to have fun, methinks. I can't believe in days of reduced activity "moar elitism" is the community response.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence - Thyrzul - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 02:33 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Why would you care? You can't control indies and people shouldn't pretend as if that was the case.

And then you claim RP and immersion has the highest priority for you? Come on.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Goliath - 02-22-2018

I get what this thread is about. Its a Flood thread in a wrong section.

This or...

Salt baiting and all.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Reeves - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 02:46 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 02:39 PM)Reeves Wrote: Consider my statement on their responsibility retracted.

You really should take a look at the video first before judging. Harmony is fighting Liberty Infectees, and those show up frequently in Delta.

That doesn't make any of that any less ridiculous.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Enkidu - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 02:54 PM)Reeves Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 02:39 PM)Reeves Wrote: Consider my statement on their responsibility retracted.

You really should take a look at the video first before judging. Harmony is fighting Liberty Infectees, and those show up frequently in Delta.

How is it ridiculous when Jump Drives allow InRp instantaneous travel across lightyears?

Substantiate. We all live in different headcannons.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence - Karlotta - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 02:49 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Implying a Valor flying to Omicron Delta abandoning the front lines to shoot Nomads is good RP. They don't even have a usable ID there.
There could be equal or much better RP behind it than there is behind any other char.

(02-22-2018, 02:49 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: If they absolutely want to bring their character there, they can do it in something that isn't a cap.

Some things you can't do in a snub. And a lone snub far from home isn't really more realistic than a lone cap far from home.

Why would you prefer a snub?

(02-22-2018, 02:49 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: It's not dictating their RP. It's about preserving RP consistency and quality of regions in Sirius.

If you're telling them to use a certain ID, you're also dictating the RP of that ID to them. Quality and consistency of RP depends on the RP, not the ID.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Thyrzul - 02-22-2018

I love how people bring forward Jump Drives to provide inRP justification when even the technology itself isn't explained inRp yet. Nowhere. No origin, manufacturer, required level of technology for production, it's just a game mechanic popping out of nowhere without RP backing years ago and that gap has never been explained yet. That goes for all PoB manufactured modules, there can be found individual attempts to explain things, like mine on Cloaks from years ago based on what Huggie told me back then, but that's all. Nothing.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Reeves - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 02:56 PM)Tænì Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 02:54 PM)Reeves Wrote:

How is it ridiculous when Jump Drives allow InRp instantaneous travel across lightyears?

Substantiate. We all live in different headcannons.

Okay let's give every faction infinite ZOI then.

You get a jump drive, you get a jump drive, YOU ALL GET JUMP DRIVES!

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Lythrilux - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 02:50 PM)Tænì Wrote: If people don't like it, they can log to shoot them.

That just buries the issue in the ground. It's still there. It's still a problem. It's still irritating to deal with.

(02-22-2018, 02:50 PM)Tænì Wrote: Stop inventing reasons to not play the game and make the learning experience of new players even worse.

If anything this would improve the learning experience of new players better, as it'd encourage them to play multiple IDs. It encourages branching out, as one ID can't be a "do all".

(02-22-2018, 02:52 PM)Goliath Wrote: 1) My Bismarck is only for RP.

2) Omicron Cap ships are kinda gloomy and edgy. Some people prefer vanilla stuff besides the hated Osiris of The Order.

3) Didn't say I RPed with RM. Neither that I will do.

No offence but that is really poor reasoning. You haven't explained what your RP actually is, and why it's there in the first place. Okay, you gave me a reason why you don't want to fly the local ships and that's fair, but it's no justification to bring something to Delta that shouldn't be there.

(02-22-2018, 02:52 PM)Goliath Wrote: Bringing a Bismarck in Delta is my choice, and you have absolutely no rights, neither the actual power to restrict that. (Maybe through Core Laws if I decide to respect them.)

People can simply kill your ship over and over whenever they see it. I'd rather that not be the solution, since it's not the friendliest or healthiest way to deal with a problem.

(02-22-2018, 02:59 PM)Karlotta Wrote: Some things you can't do in a snub. And a lone snub far from home isn't really more realistic than a lone cap far from home.

Why would you prefer a snub?

What can't you do in a snub that you can do in a Cap in a system where you don't have ZoI? Your initial argument was about how shooting things is irrelevant if you recall. I'd consider anything but a Cap more realistic, as Caps are needed on the frontline or for defence. A snub is more nimble, faster, and can escape danger more easily. Better for recon.

(02-22-2018, 02:59 PM)Karlotta Wrote: If you're telling them to use a certain ID, you're also dictating the RP of that ID to them. Quality and consistency of RP depends on the RP, not the ID.

And RP such as Valor Nomad hunters is crap.