Discovery Gaming Community
max size transports - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: max size transports (/showthread.php?tid=16085)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

max size transports - AdamantineFist - 02-06-2009

' Wrote:oh - its not supposed to be any weaker than the others - its really more identical ( which means - you can pirate the others just the same )

you ll only get a bit more visual variety.
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I'm lovin' this concept here, Jinx. I CANNOT wait to see these ingame. Only worry is the rather large difference in texturing on the Bret train between the cargo segment and the rest of the ship. It's a bit jarring.

max size transports - Bomarck - 02-06-2009

Woop, very nice. Think i found my new ship. the kusari one looks fairly carrierish wouldn't you say?

max size transports - Cellulanus - 02-06-2009

' Wrote:( i could annoy brunhild and say that i just attached GREEN lights to the rheinland train hehe )

You do that and I will hunt you, I will find you and I will slap you.

But I do like the prospect of a Rheinland Train.

max size transports - Cawdor - 02-06-2009

A juggerwhale!

Edit: now for some serious critique: while I find them all very good modeled/textured I am somehow not quite convinced about the Rheinland train concept, as its main engine seems to fry the cargo containers O_o ...

max size transports - Dusty Lens - 02-06-2009

For the vigilant, it has been noted and corrected that the Rheinland train's engine is a little more blue than is appropriate.

max size transports - kingvaillant - 02-06-2009

nice work for the Bretonia and Kusari ones.

However, could you show a different picture of the liberty one? The front end is out of the picture.

As for the Rheinland one, There is something weird in its design/ texture

max size transports - Tenacity - 02-06-2009

I like the rheinland one, would fit ALG very well.

max size transports - Eternal - 02-06-2009

I find them all to be very good models , me thinks of getting a Rheinland one it is amazing realy.

max size transports - Capt. Henry Morgan - 02-06-2009

I LOVE that Bret Train. New toys for Bowex!! :ylove:

Jinx, you're my new favorite person! At least until somebody else makes something sexy for Bretonia.

max size transports - Jinx - 02-06-2009

explanation about the engine and the rheinland train....

the whole cargo section is shaped like a " V " - the engine is placed so its engine blasts through the open space in the V.

- reason for that is that the rheinland train is target of much much heavier attacks than any other train ( at least up to now ) - with the wild around many places in rheinland - it faces much tougher enemies that attack without any mercy than any other house transports. - so the ship itself is heavier armoured - while still rather cheap.

there is a rotating deflector shield ( physical deflector ) for the front section. - this section can ( in theory of course ) spin upwards to shield the bridge and the other habitated sections. - the engine is secluded in the middle - protected by the whole frame and the containers ( better loose a few containers than your whole engine... )

still the rheinland train looks less sophisticated and easier to maintain than any other train.

explanation about the liberty transport....

its basicly a "poor-mans" liberty cruiser mainframe. - the bridge was moved sideways to allow looking past the containers that are arranged in an upside down " Y ". the part you cannot see in the picture is both - antennas and a joint to stick more containers into the front of the ship.

all in all the liberty supertransport is shorter ( i think ) but more massive. - it isn t really a "train" cause it pushes rather than pulls the cargo.

the bretonian train....

features two large crane like robotic arms - and one very large claw on an telescopic arm used to upload and unload by itself.

the idea behind that was that this transport can operate with less sophisticated bases, like low level mining bases. - those bases won t need high tech uploading sections - but only space depots. the train itself could load up the cargopods itself ( bit like the barge )

the kusari train.....

is all average again. - the kusaris managed to build a train that is just that... an engine with cargopods - all solid, no speciality about it... instead they made it look a bit more ornamented and streamlined. - a rather uninspired ship - but its doing its work.

the zoner whale....

well, its a whale alright. - bit bigger than the GMG whale, but also capable of hauling more. no weapons ( get used to it ) low armour high agility. - zoners rely on their politics and reputation as their main defense and give up armour / weapons to slip through parts of sirius that other 5k transport would get stuck in.